Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Eir customer

Options
  • 07-10-2020 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭

I have Eir router (F3000) and Eir TV. I have a lot of wireless devices, Sonos Speakers, mobile devices and most recently a ring.com doorbell. Now despit me putting a TP Link AV 500 powerline adapter as close as possible to the doorbell, the wifi single is still not strong enough. So now thinking -

1. Set up a Mesh Network, e.g. the Google one or this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XSBGP7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9UnQEbRF30S3F I think I'd leave the router still set up for the TV but put everything else on the mesh network.

2. Other option is get a better powerline adapter

Any suggestions, much appreciated.

Note don't have fibre but not fibre to the home. Download speeds in house are 75 Mbps and Upload 2- Mbps.

To boost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

How many wireless devices in total do you have? There is a limit of around 16 on most Eir Routers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry for the stupid question, I've probably missed something, but what use is the powerline to the doorbell? The powerline is a physical cable and the doorbell is wireless, unless the powerline is 1 of those fancy ones which is a wifi repeater as well I don't think it would be much use.

If everything is OK except for the doorbell I'd be looking at the 2.4ghz network in the house, you might be sharing a channel with a neighbour or have something interfering with it, change it to another channel and see how you get on.

Advertisement