Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replacement motherboard and processor

Options
  • 07-10-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

A friends asus maximus viii extreme board has died a death (bulging capacitor's)
    He wants to move away from intel towards ryzen.

He has asked me for advice and i have told him to wait until the new ryzen chips are revealed on october 8th.
    He does not want to wait until november to replace his board.

He has about 900 euros for a board and processor preferably x570 over b550 and he wants to go the ryzen 9 3900xt route (Im still trying to convince him to wait for the 5000 series)

question is what x570 board to recommend,he wants one with bios flashback etc
    so if any of you guys have a recommendation i would be much obliged:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Seems a bit daft to drop that cash on high-end parts now with newer, faster ones just around the corner.

Also what is the PC used for. A 3900X is just pointless for games versus a 3700X and would be just spending for the sake of spending.

Likewise, is there a particular reason he actually needs an X570 over a B550M?

Some people have genuine reasons, a lot of people just think more expensive somehow equals better without actually having any use for the features you are paying handsomely for.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

Homelander wrote: »
    Seems a bit daft to drop that cash on high-end parts now with newer, faster ones just around the corner.

Also what is the PC used for. A 3900X is just pointless for games versus a 3700X and would be just spending for the sake of spending.

Likewise, is there a particular reason he actually needs an X570 over a B550M?

Some people have genuine reasons, a lot of people just think more expensive somehow equals better without actually having any use for the features you are paying handsomely for.
    He is a streamer and youtube vlogger and wants something powerful enough To Encode 4K video edits and stream at same time,as for the x570 i think he said something about pcie4 and vram thermals which i reckon is legitimate enough

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

At the very least he should wait and see when the 5000 series is shipping.

As for x570 - you can't go wrong with the MSI Tomahawk - susprisingly cheap at Max Burns

Advertisement