Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooting 2 keyboard...thoughts?

Options
  • 07-10-2020 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any thoughts on a Wooting 2 keyboard?
    https://wooting.store/collections/wooting-keyboards/products/wooting-two

Will be used for normal stuff, day to day processing etc but mainly for gaming.

Originally on kickstarter. Looks like a really nice keyboard, software to match with analogue keys.

I've had a logitech G19 keyboard for AGES and like the little LCD screen. I've set it up for CPU/GPU temps usage etc. I'm kind of 'struggling' to prepare myself to leave the LCD functionality behind. It's handy for keeping an eye on that stuff. I'm even contemplating getting a separate LCD and put it in a housing for the same functionality as my keyboard.

Anyone used the keyboard? What are your thoughts? Any suggestions if not able to recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm also considering a Wooting One (TKL) gonna look at a tonne of videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Full sized keyboards for gaming are a no go imo.

I like having plenty of mouse space without having to have my arms in an unnaturally wide position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've always used a fullsize keyboard. The chair I use has arm rests that work really well with the width of my current keyboard too. I use high DPI (8200) for my mouse so doesn't move much.

I've put it on the gf's radar that I want this keyboard. Need to do a bit more watching videos.

I have a feeling I'll end up getting it and get myself a mini LCD (3"-4") that sits below my screens for all the stuff I like about the LCD on the g19 i.e. temps, fan speed etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

Thanks, I need a new keyboard and hadn't heard of Wooting before. Just ordered!

There are some cool hacks exploiting the analogue switch tech, e.g. https://github.com/microdee/WootingPiano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've put it on the gf's radar that I want this keyboard. Need to do a bit more watching videos.

I have a feeling I'll end up getting it and get myself a mini LCD (3"-4") that sits below my screens for all the stuff I like about the LCD on the g19 i.e. temps, fan speed etc.

I went from a G510 to a to a G610. You forget the screen pretty quickly.

You're fuppin crazy to get rid of proper volume control though. That instantly rules out the Wooting (and many others) for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Anyone got any thoughts on a Wooting 2 keyboard?
    https://wooting.store/collections/wooting-keyboards/products/wooting-two

Will be used for normal stuff, day to day processing etc but mainly for gaming.

Originally on kickstarter. Looks like a really nice keyboard, software to match with analogue keys.

I've had a logitech G19 keyboard for AGES and like the little LCD screen. I've set it up for CPU/GPU temps usage etc. I'm kind of 'struggling' to prepare myself to leave the LCD functionality behind. It's handy for keeping an eye on that stuff. I'm even contemplating getting a separate LCD and put it in a housing for the same functionality as my keyboard.

Anyone used the keyboard? What are your thoughts? Any suggestions if not able to recommend it?

I have a wooting two with the linear 55 red switches. Coming from cherry reds the flaretech switches feel so much smoother, cherry's feel scratchy in comparison. The adjustable actuation point is a nice feature, I have yet to set up the analogue inputs for gaming, its on the list.

The RGB is decent, the 'wootility' software works well, and the board is solid and generally well built, though not without its issues-mine had to be sent back as the RHS shift was binding, think its due to a dodgy stabiliser, their support has been top notch so far.

ED E wrote: »
    I went from a G510 to a to a G610. You forget the screen pretty quickly.

You're fuppin crazy to get rid of proper volume control though. That instantly rules out the Wooting (and many others) for me.

I currently have a G933 headset so that's handy for volume and pausing media etc. I honestly don't tend to use the volume roller on the g19. Just pause using the headset g-keys or one of the many mouse buttons on the g700s mouse I use too. Always have one of the thumb buttons bound to play/pause all profile on the mouse.

I've build up quite a few logitech peripherals over the years and am slowly moving away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

Been looking a few keyboards myself.

Steelseries Apex Pro has a little screen on it, so might interest you.

Was also looking at the wooting, does anyone know if you can (easiliy) use the wooting to walk slower in FPS games? Like an analog stick? You can't with the Apex Pro.

Others I was considering are Razer Huntsman Elite or the Logitech G815.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I decided against Razer Huntsman as all reviews mentioned they sound hideous to anyone around you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Julez wrote: »
    Was also looking at the wooting, does anyone know if you can (easiliy) use the wooting to walk slower in FPS games?.

Yes you can, under analog profiles/analog bindings. You can also adjust the curve, as in the analog output value proportional to the amount of key travel if that makes sense... I have yet to bother using it in a game but have messed about with the software and its quite straightforward to use.

AsCtqH9l.png

Advertisement