Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 6: Castrovillari to Matera (188km)

Options
2»

Comments

Wow !!!!! :D

He was miles back coming into the finish, times moving up to perfection.

Bonkers sprint with Nibs and birdsong involved at times there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Those are some stunning shots from the chopper, much better position for it too rather than blowing barriers across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Demare stronger than anyone has ever seen him

Wont get a chance to see him sprint against Sam this season ?

MPFGLB wrote: »

Good thing he wasn't the tour maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Different type of sprinters I think. In a flat out sprint, Sam beats him

Any word on what happened Sagan? Are the legs just gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Dodge wrote: »

It looked like he was just completely boxed in after the last turn. Gave up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bora empty the tank all day long yet again & Sagan fails to deliver, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Old age

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I actually think when Nibali had a little dig it upset the rhythm of the run in & Sagan was left too far forward when Nibali overshot the bend. After that there was little order for the gallop which allowed Demare to get back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Finnrocco

Look at Demare's results since the return.

Somehow he didn't win Paris - Chauny.

• Advertisement

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Look at Demare's results since the return.

Somehow he didn't win Paris - Chauny.

Bouhanni went really early and got the drop on all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

MPFGLB wrote: »

He beat Sam in Burgos earlier - and just as well for Sam he did not show for the tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Gamma1 wrote: »
    He beat Sam in Burgos earlier - and just as well for Sam he did not show for the tour.

The 2 sprint stages in Burgos were won by Gaviria and Sam. Demare was second twice.

Now I know Sam's stage was him just powering off the front after the crash but I don't know how you'd use that race as evidence that Demare is the better spinter

In Walloon this year, Sam was ahead of Demare in both sprints, they contested.

EDIT; Coming across harsh here on Demare. He's a great classics/strongman sprinter in the style of Sagan or Dagenkolb. He won GC in Wallonn and Sam was dropped on a couple of hills. Sam is faster on the flat "traditional" sprints that appear in stage races. As I said, different types of sprinters. Demare is definitely benefitting from a poor field of sprinters in the Giro with Gaviria and Viviani seemingly way off the pace

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

From the outside, to me, it looks like he's just not that interested/ enjoying his cycling at the moment. Also going to the Giro for the start fee, rather than the classics, a sign he's going through the motions. Obviously, this is purely my impression, not based on any info.

I could see him retiring after this contract, or doing a van der Poel, and going Pro Conti with the freedom to do MTB/ non-UCI events.

Although I've also heard it hinted at that his ex-wife used to do drive a lot of the social media stuff that cultivated the image, so I could be just talking bollox and he hasn't changed, just his marketing!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gamma1

The 2 sprint stages in Burgos were won by Gaviria and Sam. Demare was second twice.

Now I know Sam's stage was him just powering off the front after the crash but I don't know how you'd use that race as evidence that Demare is the better spinter

In Walloon this year, Sam was ahead of Demare in both sprints, they contested.

EDIT; Coming across harsh here on Demare. He's a great classics/strongman sprinter in the style of Sagan or Dagenkolb. He won GC in Wallonn and Sam was dropped on a couple of hills. Sam is faster on the flat "traditional" sprints that appear in stage races. As I said, different types of sprinters. Demare is definitely benefitting from a poor field of sprinters in the Giro with Gaviria and Viviani seemingly way off the pace

Yes you are right - my recollection of Burgos was incorrect - also agree Sam will win against Demare on a straight sprint.

Advertisement