Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Shed Felt Roof

Options
  • 08-10-2020 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've just finished building a 6 x 4m block shed.
    Now I'm considering what type of roof to put on it.

I built it up to potentially have a flat roof within a parapet finish with a slight slope from back to front.

Only quote I've gotten so far is 4500 for a torched on felt roof finish, including work for joists/rafters and finishing the capping after.

Does this sound like a fair price. I presume labour is the big cost here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like a fair price given the amount of work to do.

The actual felting itself is relatively cheap and easy. Consider fibreglass for the finish. It's a good bit more expensive, but maintenance-free for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mccracko

Hi Seamus

Thanks. I'll have a look into the fibreglass option! Realistically would you say its twice the cost of felt? Would the roof structure still be the same to install? So maybe only going from 4500 to 5 / 5500 as a cost?
    Presume it still would have one or two underlays needed on it too?
    Fibreglass would be better to work on too?

Advertisement