Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going to a private university?

• 08-10-2020 10:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I wanted to ask this in the Education forum but it seems a bit dead. I'm looking for experiences of what it's like going to a private university (Dublin Business School, Griffith College) in terms of the quality of the degree and social life.

Is it worth paying the high fees €5,000. I've heard that a degree from these schools is generally looked down upon by employees because it's in their interest to pass people regardless of how good they are.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

mr_fegelien, this is the second, possibly third, time I've closed or moved a thread that you've started in Personal Issues because it was not seeking advice on an issue that is impacting you. Personal Issues is not a dumping ground for questions because other fora are too quiet.

You are welcome to post here if you have an issue you need advice on, but it is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of a particular college or course.

If you persist in starting threads in this manner, harsher action will be taken going forward. Either way please read the Charter before starting any other threads here.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement