Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locking down a childs chromebook

Options
  • 08-10-2020 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

I am trying to make a chromebook as safe as possible for a child. I set up family link and gave her a gmail address. It now appears to be secure for unsavory websites and suitable for her usage.

However, her school has google classroom and to access it, I had to set up another user with her school email address. This account is causing an issue as it does not appear to be locked down and when I put naughty keywords into the address bar, it gave unwanted returns.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I am trying to make a chromebook as safe as possible for a child. I set up family link and gave her a gmail address. It now appears to be secure for unsavory websites and suitable for her usage.

However, her school has google classroom and to access it, I had to set up another user with her school email address. This account is causing an issue as it does not appear to be locked down and when I put naughty keywords into the address bar, it gave unwanted returns.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Use opendns, get the Laptop to use the IP for DNS that Opendns provides, select in Opendns the sort of content she should and should not be allowed to access. Opendns is free, and very effective at filtering. As long as she is not tech savvy enough to understand DNS, how to change it, how it works etc. it will do a very good job.

https://www.opendns.com/

Advertisement