Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is now a good time to switch to Sky?

• 08-10-2020 12:46pm

Hi, as the title says, does anyone know if it's a good idea to switch to Sky now or is it likely they will roll out special offers coming up to Christmas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hi, as the title says, does anyone know if it's a good idea to switch to Sky now or is it likely they will roll out special offers coming up to Christmas?

They are like Ryanair.

They suck you in with an offer but before you know it your being billed huge amounts because anything decent is extra money.

For example if you wanted ultra hd you must subscribe to base pack €29, premium sports or movies at least extra €20-€50, HD is extra fees, extra box is needed in order to qualify for ultra hd that's approximately additional €18 per month

You won't own the equipment and you'll be tied into a 12 months contract

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

moved to satellite

Do Sky still use the satellite dish? I thought they would be fully e-fibre cable by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭John mac

Do Sky still use the satellite dish? .

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭mossie

Do Sky still use the satellite dish? I thought they would be fully e-fibre cable by now.

Unfortunately many households still don't have access to decent broadband, and probably won't for a while, so would be impossible for Sky to switch from satellite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'm pretty sure they have had decent Black Friday offers in previous years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They have online only SkyQ boxes in Austria currently so its only a matter of time before its an option here i think.

Advertisement