Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrears incorrectly attributed to my account

Options
  • 08-10-2020 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Last month I received a bill for over €400 when normally it’s under €100.

An Electric Ireland meter reader had read the meter incorrectly by over 2000 units.

I contacted Electric Ireland with the correct reading which I had already submitted online prior to the employee reading, and they sent another bill for the actual amount. However, the description shows arrears of over €400 (with a credit adjustment).

As I need to show household bills for an upcoming purchase, I don’t want one that shows arrears incorrectly attributed to me, when it was a company mistake.

I’ve phoned and emailed Electric Ireland explaining that I’d like a bill in the usual format, showing previous/current usage etc. but they have sent a further two copies with arrears noted.

Is it possible to get an invoice without arrears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you private message me a meter-reading, the Electric Ireland account number, the name and address, this meter-reading can be used to process an ad hoc bill. It will be due for payment two weeks from its date of issue, however we can set up a payment plan for it if necessary (with it being outside of the scheduled billing cycle).

Your message will go to all of us reps, and one of the team will pick it up as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

Hi Una,

Thank you for your reply. Shortly after I posted, a member of Electric Ireland confirmed by email that the arrears were due to the incorrect reading and not caused by non payment.

I have paid the reissued invoice and am satisfied that everything is resolved.

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Dynomutt, 

We are glad to read it. 

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

The previous error in the last bill's current reading has caused a problem with my new bill as the previous reading has been estimated incorrectly. When I emailed Electric Ireland with the actual figure, I was told that it would "not be feasible to generate a new bill with such a negligible difference" (under 50 units).

I asked if they would issue it as a credit on the next invoice, and today I received a bill for the usage of one unit for five days. It appears that whoever is dealing with the problem is just giving me the runaround and is now ignoring emails. Can you help me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dynomutt,

Sorry about this.

Just private message us the Electric Ireland account number, the name, address, telephone number on the account, and state in the message that you are the account-holder (for GDPR/Data Protection).

One of us reps will respond as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement