Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air fryer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'd be looking for reviews on amazon or something. Many sellers just slap an "airfryer" tag on products now, like halogen ovens or ones which would have had another name 10-15 years ago.

To me an airfyer is not a deep fat fryer replacement at all (not saying you think it is). Its a compact convection oven with a fast fan.

I would like a larger one but the downside is that it will at some stage approach being an oven, so will take longer to heat up and longer to cool down. I like the fact small ones cool down fast enough, it does not dry out or continue cooking food for as long as a regular oven. I often stick on the timer and head off out or to another room and forget about it, safe in the knowledge it will just keep the food a bit warm, or continue cooking just a small bit.

I really do want a rotisserie though, and even if it did take a while longer to cook I could live with that no problem. Roast chicken is amazing in an airfryer (I have a standard small philips)

€100 is not going to break the bank anyway, if mine broke I would be looking into reviews on that one, youtube videos are good to give an idea of size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Comerman

Thanks rubadub .
    the idea is to replace the pan of oil with something healthier and less odour for cooking wings chips rings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Iguarantee

I picked up the Tower 11L model you linked above for €100 in Lidl last night.

Hard to justify €200+ for something I’ll only use once a week at most.

Came with a 3-year warranty; hard to beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭con747

Iguarantee wrote: »
    I picked up the Tower 11L model you linked above for €100 in Lidl last night.

Hard to justify €200+ for something I’ll only use once a week at most.

Came with a 3-year warranty; hard to beat that.

Take a photo of the receipt on your mobile, I find on lot of receipts the ink fades away.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Iguarantee

con747 wrote: »
    Take a photo of the receipt on your mobile, I find on lot of receipts the ink fades away.

Good point, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Iguarantee wrote: »
    Hard to justify €200+ for something I’ll only use once a week at most. .
    Most people rave about them. I am not sure about that tower one though as it is not what I would consider an airfryer (i.e. similar to the philips) but I imagine you will end up using it a lot more than once a week. I don't think I would have got one if I only thought it would be used once a week.

Some worry about it being another gadget that goes unused, like a toasted sandwich maker or spiralizer.

If my main oven died tomorrow I would be in absolutely no rush to replace or fix it. If the airfryer did I would.

Advertisement