Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GDPR how strict?

Options
  • 08-10-2020 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Checking friends website for their current GDPR precautions and I look to compare to other websites with similar settings and usability in Ireland and see a lot of discrepancies (embedded Youtube saving unaccepted cookies for example). Is such behavior acceptable? Or web owner should strictly filter every single cookie? What is your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Cookie policy and privacy policy are a must

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Cookie policy and privacy policy are a must

Strongly agree, but what if user disagree to have tracking cookies saved while watching the site and then embedded youtube clip save/read it? Would I have his solicitor's letter on my doormat next day? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

zom wrote: »
    Strongly agree, but what if user disagree to have tracking cookies saved while watching the site and then embedded youtube clip save/read it? Would I have his solicitor's letter on my doormat next day? ;)

Make them click agreement on the cookie policy to access the site. Make sure it's logable.
    Whether they read the policy is their choice. Theyve had to agree to it and are asked to read before clicking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I deal with privacy regulators on a daily basis and if there are ever any issues you’ll be quickly told what they are and they’ll work with you to resolve them! It’s a bit of a minefield and the regulators are very aware that companies find it difficult to keep on top of things so give every chance to rectify any discrepancies.

If ya act the maggot and make no effort to comply, the fines can be big but you really need to be messing up to be in a position to worry about that end of the scale

Advertisement