Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FBI Thwarts Plot by Militia(s) to Kidnap, Try, Execute Gov. of Michigan

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Genuinely fear for the US this week. Godspeed everything goes safely but with the POTUS stoking tensions, I would not hold my breath.

Think he genuinely fearful of the disclosures that will come out and proceedings that will be initiated against him if he loses the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anything linking these guys to the ones who tried to run Biden’s bus off the road?

The Texas guys ramming the Biden group were just standard Trump supporters. The guy who claimed credit also 'accidentally' drove into a BLM protest earlier in the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,925 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anything linking these guys to the ones who tried to run Biden’s bus off the road?

No and theres not likely to be. These guys operated in the north, primarily in Michigan, somewhat coordinated plans in Ohio iirc (see earlier posts?). The Bus incident was Texas. The man who got into the road rage incident with the SUV was previously in the news for running through a crowd of protesters, and in 2014 was previously arrested for impersonating a police officer, all in Texas.

The suspects in this ‘plot’ are seeking dismissal because of egregious errors from the fbi.

“Essentially, the evidence here demonstrates egregious overreaching by the government’s agents, and by the informants those agents handled,” he said. “When the government was faced with evidence showing that the defendants had no interest in a kidnapping plot, it refused to accept failure and continued to push its plan.”

There’s more FBI agents and informants involved than non law enforcement. When does ‘thwarting a plot’ become entrapment? I bet that guy who plead guilty is kicking himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭donaghs

I think we still don't have the full facts yets . But the presence of so many FBI informants thickens the plot here.

Did FBI Informants Thwart or Encourage the Plot to Kidnap Gretchen Whitmer? | The New Republic

There was a lot of criticism of FBI stings/entrapments, as facts emerged about some of the post 9/11 "plots": Fake terror plots, paid informants: the tactics of FBI 'entrapment' questioned | FBI | The Guardian

The fbi informants made up the plot, planned it, pushed it to the defendents, and the defendents refused to take part. And the defendents are on trial.

It all reminds me of Sinn fein/Ira in the north. It seems like the majority were British agents and informers. Especially the ones that survived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭maik3n

I guess perhaps we shouldn't be all that surprised how this turned out

http://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/04/08/verdict-gretchen-whitmer-kidnap-plot/9512571002/

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

The FBI did the same thing in the 2000s when they fabricated a few terrorist plots and framed a few American Muslims for those plots, then locked those people in Guantanamo Bay, tortured them, and refused to give them a fair trial, which is required according to US law and the US constitution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭NSAman

FBI are corrupt to the core. Might not be something that is popular to say, but as an organisation they have been part of the problem for years.

never ever speak to them without a lawyer, no matter how small the questioning.

i know a little about the case in question, am I surprised at how the FBI have acted? Errr. Nope!

What a twist. The FBI shooting itself in the foot. A shame given the perps apparently fantasized about the crime and even did some preplanning activity but entrapment is entrapment and FBI dragged them across the line they wanted crossed.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the Governor of Michigan is angry at the FBI for creating, organizing, financing and overseeing a plot to kidnap her?

I'd think so, these don't seem like the kind of people you'd still want out of jail still thinking about crimes against you.

Has she spoken publicly since the verdict or the plot for the FBI to kidnap her?

I'd be more concerned about the FBI and Government overreach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

this kind of reminds me of the hatchet job done on big sam.

in the case of sam, should a journalist be allowed to manufacture a hypothetical to see what that person would do? and if completely manufactured, should that person face any consequences?

similar here. if no crime was gonna be committed but for the fbi encouragement, who is to blame?

Advertisement