Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Builder Limerick

• 08-10-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I need a small builder in the Limerick area to install a new disabled shower room and do some electrical installation work, must be Tax certified and reliable, any recommendations please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭black & white

I met this guy a few years ago and we spoke about disability bathrooms, turned out I didn't need to get one after all but he seemed OK. Maybe someone else will have more experience

https://www.ambicare.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

A relative got a new shower/bathroom put in by Perlacasa. She's very happy with it and she went with them on the basis of a recommendation of the next door neighbor who got a bathroom done with all the mobility aids - sit down shower, rails etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Do you need a builder to add on a room or just a bathroom renovated? Loads of bathroom places in limerick, Tubs & Tiles did walk in shower in my house, Perlacasa tiles & bathrooms ennis rd are around a long time too. Cost about €5k depends what you want.

Shop around get a few quotes, also you might be able to get a grant for bathroom too.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/building_or_altering_a_home/adapting_a_home_for_an_older_or_disabled_person.html#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Thanks all, my elderly sister needs an existing bathroom converted to a disabled bathroom, this involves gutting the existing downstairs bathroom and re-tiling and installing disabled bathroom fixtures with an electric shower, an old fuseboard also needs to be replaced so while its a small job for a builder it would someone with tiling, plumbing and a certified electrician available, most people I've spoken to won't touch it because it involves giving your tax details to the Local Authority for grant purposes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Sorry if hijacking thread but I am also looking for some building work to be done , doing a house refurb and need someone or even a company to do painting, insulation, fitting a kitchen , electrical work etc

Does anyone have any recommendation? as tbh I would not even know where to start

• Advertisement
Advertisement