Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High performance car insurance

Options
  • 08-10-2020 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm thinking of getting my self a Jaguar F-type R AWD (5.0L V8 550 BHP) and I've started shopping around for insurance but it seems like none of them wanting to quote me except XS Direct (Quoted €1600 with €1000 excess)

Currently driving a Merc E coupe 2.1 diesel and it's insured by Zurich (was AXA the previous year), I have 2 year NCB and been holding my full licence for 2 years, I have 13 years of driving experience outside of Ireland but I know that doesn't mean anything for Irish insurers.

I've rung some brokers but seems like it's not helping either. I'm just curious how people insure their high performance/high value cars in general ?

I also can't get an online quote even when I choose 15+ driving experience with full NCB.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Which country did you earn the 13 yrs experience?
    Check if the underwriter of same policy, also writes business in ireland to see will they recognise the data. Used to work for liberty and some AXA EU cases
    sendeniz wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting my self a Jaguar F-type R AWD (5.0L V8 550 BHP) and I've started shopping around for insurance but it seems like none of them wanting to quote me except XS Direct (Quoted €1600 with €1000 excess)

Currently driving a Merc E coupe 2.1 diesel and it's insured by Zurich (was AXA the previous year), I have 2 year NCB and been holding my full licence for 2 years, I have 13 years of driving experience outside of Ireland but I know that doesn't mean anything for Irish insurers.

I've rung some brokers but seems like it's not helping either. I'm just curious how people insure their high performance/high value cars in general ?

I also can't get an online quote even when I choose 15+ driving experience with full NCB.

Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭pinktoe

The AA were insuring GTR's last year so they may help. The 2 Yr NCB might be a problem.

The XS Direct quote isn't bad considering I'm pay around €1k for a remapped XJ at the moment with a full NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sendeniz

cplwhisper wrote: »
    Which country did you earn the 13 yrs experience?
    Check if the underwriter of same policy, also writes business in ireland to see will they recognise the data. Used to work for liberty and some AXA EU cases

In Turkey. I've checked but no luck...
    pinktoe wrote: »
    The AA were insuring GTR's last year so they may help. The 2 Yr NCB might be a problem.

The XS Direct quote isn't bad considering I'm pay around €1k for a remapped XJ at the moment with a full NCB.

AA quoted me €5600, which is obviously ridiculous.

I've read many horror stories about XS Direct so I'm really confused... I'll probably go with V6S version (3.0L 380HP) as my current insurer have no problems with it, will add €150 to my premium. It's just the V8 is a real beast and the difference is night and day between the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MarkyBoi30

I am also considering a high performance car next, importing an Audi RS6 Avant from UK, around 560 HP, 4.0L V8 so definitely interested in the best insurers for these types of cars. I have 9 years NCB so that should definitely help, pay around €500 a year with Kennco for my 2 litre Vauxhall Astra estate at the moment.

Advertisement