Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chamfer Tool/Edge Plane

Options

Comments

Darando wrote: »
    Want to chamfer some lengths of timber for an outdoor project, timber I have is all square edge. Seen a tool like the link below online, but what cheap option tool would I have in this neck of the woods?

https://www.woodcraft.com/products/onetime-tool-ez-edge-corner-plane-with-45-degree-chamfer-blade-woodpeckers#

A hand plane, two strips of wood with a 45deg bevel, a notch in each for blade clearance and a couple of strips of 3m double sided tape.

Degrease/wax the sole and stick the bevel strips to the plane sole with the distance between the strips equal to the width of the chamfer you want to achieve.

I used a piece of crap Stanley (modern junk) to make one and I drilled the sole to put a couple of screws into the wood for extra security. Cost a tenner for the plane used and it works perfectly.

Advertisement