Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show Finding Misery 9/10 /20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, we all know. 2 metres, wash your hands..

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Epping Forest

Scaremongering sh1te, how many teenagers have contracted covid around the world without even a single symptom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Hey kidz watching RTE1 on Friday Nights, listen up Yo to Jack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

RTE can't accept it did feck all to Trump, an obese man 75 year old man who likes his KFC and McDonalds while playing the odd game of golf.

While adding he now feels 20 years younger.

He is some entertainment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

He still hasn't said who gave it to him.

Probably not from his friends....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Wow.. young lad on tv recounting his experience of getting very very sick and ending up on a ventilator and we have posters here making fun of this...Stay classy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

He's a nice young fella, hope he makes a full recovery.

On a general note I see a good few chaps wearing nail varnish. Is that fashion or a sexuality statement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,321 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

He has all the makings of a goth rock singer-in waiting, a la Marilyn Manson.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcToGrlb7n1vAzumkbmE2c6euTxqgWq8Ki5Oug&usqp=CAU

Young people of Ireland. I love you!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

He’s a great kid
    Shame on some of the comments here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

False flag operation slip.

I'm so far gone at this stage AD, I think I'm losing my mind. They all look like crisis actors to me at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Are you allowed slag redheaded people these days or is that not allowed anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Probably not from his friends....

Probabaly an old 'harmless' relative, people need to wise the fook up and suspect everyone has it, including themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Did he just roll his eyes when his mother was speaking, ha. Geez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

His clothes are going to catch fire and he's going to show a hand gesture symbol that will unify us all soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

CORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This fella has underlying medical problems....back story here

Link or are you just hoping

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Nobody under 45 watches the late late tubs

Back in the day everybody watched it. When I was in teens & 20s peers would always know what had been on. But there was an amazing broadcaster at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

dexter647 wrote: »
    Wow.. young lad on tv recounting his experience of getting very very sick and ending up on a ventilator and we have posters here making fun of this...Stay classy..

Strange folks.

Shy and socially awkward young lad tells his story about Covid. Men give him grief because he’s still trying to find his place in the world.

He’ll end up better off than them. He retains a positive outlook.

CARK!

• Advertisement

God where do they get these on-message competition winners from *raises eyes to heaven*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I visited a friend who was 10 weeks on a ventilator once. It is very sobering seeing all the patients in ICU, everybody should have a look inside one some time.

Postop is like a field hospital (my OH is a cancer survivor).

I cannot give front line health workers-and I mean front line, not the dolled up to the nines brigade strolling around CUH with clip boards, enough credit.

It's not a job, it's a vocation, and when you look at the number of them (nurses, doctors, paramedics and EFRs) who went down with C19 in the early days, despite all the precautions, and not a word about it, while other sectors can't even handle two state exams, and a six month lead in to restarting our schools, without running to the unions, or in the case of the bureaucrats, panicking at the last minute and getting it wrong, it makes you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Skid X wrote: »
    CORK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Normal service resumed!!:D:D

Oh come on, we have every sympathy for the poor lad and the ordeal he's been through. But even a 2 year old could see through this propaganda piece from rte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Gyms are filthy places. I avoid them at all costs.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Are you allowed slag redheaded people these days or is that not allowed anymore?

You’re not allowed slag anyone these days....them’s the rules:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

Annabella1 wrote: »
    He’s a great kid
    Shame on some of the comments here

He's the most articulate 17 year old I've ever encountered.

Why does he need to protest that all his injuries are because of COVID. Would somebody who is normally ill feel the need to justify why they need crutches? Feels like a sales job here.

Because as this thread has showed in this segment people say oh your on crutches must be underlying condition can't happen otherwise. That or they just rat on his style instead

I don't think they can feel anything because they don't have a soul, so I imagine they are fair game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This idea that RTE are scaremongering is slightly absurd.

Aside from the fact that it calls into question their integrity, who is supposed to be benefiting from it?

It's the deep state, isn't it? Or does Dee Forbes' husband own a mask factory or something?

• Advertisement

Stay safe, folks!

Nos da :)

God where do they get these on-message competition winners from *raises eyes to heaven*

Gone is the time you would hear a totally surprised winner, it's choreographed to death now.

Wall Street n now..epic film

I visited a friend who was 10 weeks on a ventilator once. It is very sobering seeing all the patients in ICU, everybody should have a look inside one some time.

Sorry wrong quote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Watching Graham Norton, some silly banter as usual, but the only mention of coronavirus so far was a piss take of Trump leaving the Medical Centre to drive past his supporters.There is also a socially distanced audience.Its a world apart from the Late Late Misery Show.

Stay safe, folks!

Nos da :)

Oíche mhaith Fear Mór Bhreatnach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

Oh come on, we have every sympathy for the poor lad and the ordeal he's been through. But even a 2 year old could see through this propaganda piece from rte.

Who’s the “we”?

Are you not just speaking for yourself?

Welcome to the Internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Gone is the time you would hear a totally surprised winner, it's choreographed to death now.

They actually ring them in advance?

It would appear the only spontaneous thing that would ever possibly happen Mr. Tubridy would be if his Amazon order (support your local bookshop, folks!) came a day early.

• Advertisement

Watching Graham Norton, some silly banter as usual, but the only mention of coronavirus so far was a piss take of Trump leaving the Medical Centre to drive past his supporters.There is also a socially distanced audience.Its a world apart from the Late Late Misery Show.

Can’t fooking stand his shows, yet they are still infinitely better than Ryan Tubridy!

Because as this thread has showed in this segment people say oh your on crutches must be underlying condition can't happen otherwise. That or they just rat on his style instead

Drop foot owing to nerve damage (neuropathy) or myopathy is a recognised complication of prolonged ICU stay,(long before Covid was a thing)

This idea that RTE are scaremongering is slightly absurd.

Aside from the fact that it calls into question their integrity, who is supposed to be benefiting from it?

It's the deep state, isn't it? Or does Dee Forbes' husband own a mask factory or something?

It's not financially driven propaganda, it's the nanny State in full swing. RTE is our State broadcaster. Paddy can't be trusted with information and facts, like there's probably a 100,000/1 chance of a random 17 year old suffering that much after contracting covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭maebee

My brother won it about 10 years ago. Trip to the Maldives and 10 grand. They phoned him about 15 minutes before the "call" and warned him that there should be no screaming/shouting etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

walshb wrote: »
    Can’t fooking stand his shows, yet they are still infinitely better than Ryan Tubridy!

I am not a big fan myself, but it has a bit of fun and laughter, something that doesn't exist in Tubridyland.

They actually ring them in advance?

It would appear the only spontaneous thing that would ever possibly happen Mr. Tubridy would be if his Amazon order (support your local bookshop, folks!) came a day early.

There's probably something in GDPR that prevents them getting somebody to answer a phone live on the show, in case wrong individual answered-they have to determine the caller's identity or something like that by asking 10 official questions and reading out legal terms & conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

Haven't watched Graham Norton in years,just switched over after reading your comment.Laughed twice in 2 minutes,had the feel of a flagship Friday night entertainment show,imagine that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Storm 10

How can Graham have an audience and the Late Late can't their well spaced out

maebee wrote: »
    My brother won it about 10 years ago. Trip to the Maldives and 10 grand. They phoned him about 15 minutes before the "call" and warned him that there should be no screaming/shouting etc.

I must have heard that show... I vaguely recall being very jealous of someone winning a trip to Maldives!!!

Shy and socially awkward young lad tells his story about Covid. Men give him grief because he’s still trying to find his place in the world.

I don't agree with him being slagged. But I don't agree with him being used to push the "COVID is dangerous to all" narrative either - because it's not, the death stats don't back this up. How many people of his age have died solely from COVID. None.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Five Eighth

Read the posts and had a good few laughs. Questions crossed my mind on more than one occasion:
    Q1. Why would anyone waste a Friday night (even during Covid) watching the Late, Late Show?
    Q2 Why would anyone waste any of their time on this earth having any interest in any celebrities anywhere?

• Advertisement
Advertisement