Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 7: Matera to Brindisi (143km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Sagan looked annoyed with Demaere after that - seemed to swipe his hand away 20 seconds or so after the finish? Is he a bit sour like when he got annihilated by Sam in Paris?

I think that it was because Demare was moving so much across the road. Sagan looked like he was waiting for him to stop swerving but by then it was too late. He wouldn't have had a chance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Camera man probably looking at Demare writing on the lens again, thinking "Could you not do that? I don't write on your bike"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

I'm thinking of asking Sagan out on our over 50's Sunday spins and letting him win one of the coffee stop sprints.

The way his sprinting is going you might have to give him a two hour head start!

Joking aside he must be pulling his hair out with all these runner up placings!l there was a time he couldn’t be touched

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The way his sprinting is going you might have to give him a two hour head start!

Joking aside he must be pulling his hair out with all these runner up placings!l there was a time he couldn’t be touched

Démare has nearly 50% more points now in the fight for the Jersey, looks like he will be going home empty handed again, unless he can conjure up a stage win or two from somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

I think that he always finished 2nd / 3rd in these types of finishes. That's why he has so many 2nd places. He used to make more of an effort though. That's 2 days in a row where it didn't look like he put max power into the pedals. Maybe he is feeling the Tour in his legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Don't worry - we'll let him have the win. Otherwise I can see a table of coffee and scones getting thrown over in a huff.

What's probably more frustrating for him is that he's not that much off the boil. He can still outgallop most of the sprinters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He definitely has the dq is his mind when Demare started wandering slightly for me. Someone like Achermann would have been a bit more ballsy with the slight gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Don't worry - we'll let him have the win. Otherwise I can see a table of coffee and scones getting thrown over in a huff.

What's probably more frustrating for him is that he's not that much off the boil. He can still outgallop most of the sprinters.

He'd be happy with 2nd at the scone scoffing.

It'd be a great result in fairness...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Whatever about Sagan. The like of Gaviria and Viviani seemed to have given up on the season completely

Démare is on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

In fairness, Viviani was under "not even on his balcony" lockdown in Italy and who knows what effect COVID19 had on Gaviria. There was another rider (who I can't remember the name of) who had it I heard speculation that they seemed to be struggling with endurance/ recovery, and they were asymptomatic where as Gaviria was actually sick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Macy0161 wrote: »
    In fairness, Viviani was under "not even on his balcony" lockdown in Italy and who knows what effect COVID19 had on Gaviria. There was another rider (who I can't remember the name of) who had it I heard speculation that they seemed to be struggling with endurance/ recovery, and they were asymptomatic where as Gaviria was actually sick with it.

Bouhanni?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

dahat wrote: »
    He definitely has the dq is his mind when Demare started wandering slightly for me. Someone like Achermann would have been a bit more ballsy with the slight gap.

Or he has TdF on his mind when he went through a similar gap and then was demoted

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Weepsie wrote: »
    Or he has TdF on his mind when he went through a similar gap and then was demoted

Demoted not DQ'd, good man. Its definitely on his mind there for me..

Defeat at the tour regardless of the demotion hurt him more I think. Watched that Quickstep documentary they have up from the tour earlier and it was an eye opener how focused they were on him. So you imagine FGJ are having the same talks in the bus every day at the Giro.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Simon Yates has tested positive for Covid.

I was thinking this the other day. The first big climb of the tour and he was out the back early doors.

Advertisement