If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG CX hdmi 2.1 compatible with Denon AVR X4400H

Options
  • 09-10-2020 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Im looking at upgrading my tv (LG 55 920v) so I can avail of the upcoming Xbox and PS5s 120hz refresh rates. 
    I have an excellent Denon AVR X4400H that I got off you a few years ago and have a question Im hoping you can help with. 
    Is the AVR 4400H able to pass through the Xbox / PS5 signal without any loss etc? Can my Denon support the 120hz and overall signal? 

I want to be sure it will all play nice before pulling the trigger on an LG65CX (choosing this oled as seems to support 120hz via the HDMI 2.1)

Potential setup :  Ps5/ Xbox Series X > AVR X4400H> LG65CX

Any advice and or deals etc for the above would be great!!

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Im looking at upgrading my tv (LG 55 920v) so I can avail of the upcoming Xbox and PS5s 120hz refresh rates. 
    I have an excellent Denon AVR X4400H that I got off you a few years ago and have a question Im hoping you can help with. 
    Is the AVR 4400H able to pass through the Xbox / PS5 signal without any loss etc? Can my Denon support the 120hz and overall signal? 

I want to be sure it will all play nice before pulling the trigger on an LG65CX (choosing this oled as seems to support 120hz via the HDMI 2.1)

Potential setup :  Ps5/ Xbox Series X > AVR X4400H> LG65CX

Any advice and or deals etc for the above would be great!!

Thanks
    Hi Keoin18.

I have done some checking and it seem the 4400 can use HDMI2.1 and the LG 65CX can take a 120Hz signal.
    Get in sync with your gaming, with Nvidia G-Sync
    G-Sync is the game changing tech from Nvidia that keeps your screen totally in sync with your gaming. Provided your gaming PC has a compatible Nvidia graphics card, you’ll be able to sync up with this TV for stunning image response, with variable refresh rate up to 120Hz. This means the response between your movement and the onscreen image is swifter and clearer than ever.

The CX range are fantastic televisions.

Currently priced at 2549 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204678-lg-oled65cx5lb-65-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Keoin18

Thanks Kenny,
    So the 4400 will be able to process the audio and visual signals at the 120hz or would i need to use earc for the audio after going direct from console to tv?

Thanks

Thanks Kenny,
    So the 4400 will be able to process the audio and visual signals at the 120hz or would i need to use earc for the audio after going direct from console to tv?

Thanks
    Hi Keoin18.

As far as I can tell from the Denon website and updates it says that the AVRX4400 can do HDMI 2.1 4K @ 120HZ.

I will however give Denon's tech team a call tomorrow to confirm this up and revert back once I get the info.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny,
    Appreciate it!!

Eoin

Thanks Kenny,
    Appreciate it!!

Eoin
    Hey Eoin.

Just to let you know that I haven't forgot about you.

I will check with Denon in the morning.

Apologies for the delay.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hey Keoin18.

We have just had confirmation from Denon and only the NEW 2020 range will be able to process 4K/120Hz and only via the single 8K HMID port.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

Hey Kenny,
    Thank you for the confirmation. 

I have the 4400H, what models in the new 2020 range would be similar spec to that? I have it in a 7.1.2 setup with the atmos firing up from my fronts.

So with a LG CX i could bypass the avr and go to tv direct, and get full tv signal. But would that mean that the audio is dependant on the tv speakers? 
    If Next gen device is connected via HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 is the current avr 4400h, can there be audio pass back to the receiver using arc / eArc? 

Thanks!
    Eoin

Hey Kenny,
    Thank you for the confirmation. 

I have the 4400H, what models in the new 2020 range would be similar spec to that? I have it in a 7.1.2 setup with the atmos firing up from my fronts.

So with a LG CX i could bypass the avr and go to tv direct, and get full tv signal. But would that mean that the audio is dependant on the tv speakers? 
    If Next gen device is connected via HDMI 2 and HDMI 1 is the current avr 4400h, can there be audio pass back to the receiver using arc / eArc? 

Thanks!
    Eoin.
    Hi Keoin18.

You could use ARC to take the audio back to the amp but you might lose the Atmos sound tracks.
    You could connect directly to the TV for the 4K/120Hz and then ARC back to the amp for audio.

Really until we have a 4K/120Hz device to use at our store I don't want to say something will work and then it doesn't once tried :)

From the AVRX2700 up will do the 4K/120Hz so it really depends what price point you want to go it at.

Starting at the 2700 coming in at £599
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14159-denon-avrx2700-black-dolby-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Next up the 3700 priced at £999
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14136-denon-avcx3700-black-dolby-atmos-av-receiver.aspx

Then the 4700 coming in at £1399
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204848-denon-avcx4700-black-dolby-atmos-av-amplifier.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Thanks Kenny for the advice, understand the setups prob need to be tested!

Might have to take some time before pulling the trigger on the TV / AVR, somethings come up that's squeezing the funds.
    Ill get back though if things improve.
    As always appreciate the solid advice!

Eoin

Thanks Kenny for the advice, understand the setups prob need to be tested!

Might have to take some time before pulling the trigger on the TV / AVR, somethings come up that's squeezing the funds.
    Ill get back though if things improve.
    As always appreciate the solid advice!

Eoin
    No problem at all Eoin, Kenny is off today but I'll pass that on to him!

Keep us posted!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.