Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 & The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

peasant wrote: »
    What I was trying to get at was more in the lines of a universal basic income.
    In the future, due to automation, there will not be enough work for everybody.
    But there will be enough work that needs doing (social, health, etc) that isn't currently being paid.

Pay everybody some money and then lets see what work they will find for themselves, either the traditional type or something new altogether.

Let me guess how this basic universal income is, along with social housing for everyone is? Barely enough to survive and those that do work at gainful employment are taxes so much it is barely worth putting on your shoes for. That model doesnt last for long.

So how do we cull the population without upsetting the plebs?
    Homelessness, drug addiction, autism, mental health problems, debt, strange new cancers and auto immune diseases. All great tools that have shot up in recent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Dionaibh

growleaves wrote: »
    If you watch the full 4 hour videos on the World Economic Forums web site it's clear they envision a kind of techno social credit system. Conformists will be allowed to eat and work and leave their house. "Bad" people will be sanctioned.

All wrapped up in the usual climate, antiracist, covid waffle.

The problem goes deeper than oppression itself, it is the corruption which leads ordinary people to say "it's not that bad" or pretend it is a bright, shining wonderful future. No it is very bad, and no uncorrupt person would endorse it.

Yes, it is a truly diabolical and dystopian vision they have for humanity. But I have a strong feeling that it's the West they are targeting. That's why I suggest getting out of the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭growleaves

Dionaibh wrote: »
    Yes, it is a truly diabolical and dystopian vision they have for humanity. But I have a strong feeling that it's the West they are targeting. That's why I suggest getting out of the West.

Personally I'm not prepared to flee to a strange country. Irishness is what I'm comfortable with. Who knows if it is even viable. Many Russians struggle to earn a living and drink themselves to death.

peasant wrote: »
    There are two possible reasons why it is all very vague:

It is a hugely complex task to think and carry through a planet re-set. You have to have a vague outline of your ideas and goals first as your starting point. Get everybody behind those and then let's figure out the details
    or

The detailed plan already exists, but its too scary and unfair for the masses, so let's keep it quiet and feed them positive unicorn and rainbow headlines instead.

I don't know either which one it is.
    But I sincerely hope it's the first and not the second

It's definitely the latter. Look at the detail in that image another poster posted. They have clearly been working on this plan for a long time. Indeed if you search for the Great Reset on YouTube you'll see a video from Davos 2019 about resetting finance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

The way humanity has always arranged society has been ever weighted in favour of the rich. Look back at the tithes up to the 1830s here, then the church had its stranglehold, for all the good that did.

Those with money see those without as lesser than them and don't mind their suffering. Aside from a passing glance, death and devastation doesn't affect us until we are literally suffering the effects of it. It's always been part of the natural order of things that for there to be "haves", it logically follows that there must be "have nots" and even those only barely getting by love to cast blame on those less fortunate than them.

With the amount of threads here about beggars and travellers, coupled with the massive recession only now beginning to rear its head, I think the levels of empathy on this island as a whole are about to rise significantly as we all find ourselves that bit less comfortable than we once were. Well, not all of us.

The population is being purged because resources are diminishing. Try your best to make sure you get what you need to maintain through the hard times, grow your own food and try and grow your wealth if you can.

If it's not too late, definitely don't have children because the future is not going to be an easy one. If you have had them, teach them how to maintain crops and livestock and work to get off the grid if at all possible.

What we're experiencing now is only the very beginning of the next 40 years of intense weather events and major attempts by those in power to see as many of us die prematurely and stop taking what they deem as rightfully theirs.

• Advertisement

Personally I'm not prepared to flee to a strange country. Irishness is what I'm comfortable with. Who knows if it is even viable. Many Russians struggle to earn a living and drink themselves to death.

I understand, but Russia is just one of several countries one could consider. Basically any country with a strong leader. Even if you can't stand the leader, it doesn't really matter. I know Jair Bolsonaro, for example, is very divisive, but I can't imagine him rolling over and letting WEF take over. But do you trust Martin not to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,155 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

3xh wrote: »
    The environment. If everyone switches to Teslas and Leafs, what damage will that do to the environment? Both the damage around extraction as well as the electricity needed to recharge the billions of new electric vehicles.

No, we need to live in a world where people don't own cars. I've never owned one and likely never will. Currently our cities and towns are very badly planned so lots of people are reliant on cars, but that needs to change.
    Giving everyone an electric car wouldn't really solve anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

You may find yourself unwelcome here very shortly. 2030 will tell a lot if current trends are anything to go by. Remember it has happened before in countries in our time and before our time in Rhodesia, Congo, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Spain, north africa and India. You might very very grateful to be taken in anywhere.

No, we need to live in a world where people don't own cars. I've never owned one and likely never will. Currently our cities and towns are very badly planned so lots of people are reliant on cars, but that needs to change.

No cars? You mean everyone should cycle or use public transport?

No cars? You mean everyone should cycle or use public transport?

Eventually yes that's the model we should be going towards, people can walk too.
    What's the alternative, every citizen owns a car, and we build and plan our housing around this? Wouldn't that get messy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,743 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pie in the sky stuff. We'll all go back to the way we were before this started. A minority might hold on to their ideals, but johnnyflash will be back to posting about toilet decorum and how great FG are

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

My take on it is that we have become too weathly in society which means that we can afford to waste on so many fronts. Why repair a hole in jeans when you can afford a new pair? How may people push a trolley of shopping home these days compared to the 1980s? Everyone seems to drive now.

Dinners half chucked in the bin, driving when you could walk with an umbrella, central heating running with no one home, porch lights left on outside in the daytime, buying new curtains because the old ones are dated, upgrading a new kitchen just for a change of scenery, replacing a perfectly fine car because your 150K miles 2005 motor failed emissions on the NCT. All this stuff requires energy generated which is killing the planet.

I would like to see some measures that incentivize repair instead of replace. Its amazing what you can fix with some basic technical skills. My parents chucked out an old garden strimmer that was "on the blink" 2 years ago and bought a new one. I salvaged it, and it turns out it was just a cut cable, which was repaired in 30 minutes and is in my shed. People now seems to be lacking technical skills more than ever. You hardly ever seen anyone working on a car now for example. Even changng a flat tyre now often requires getting a tyre guy out to do it rather than it being a DIY job. Even basic electrical work like wiring plugs or checking fuses in plugs see's lamps getting chucked in the bin (probably).

Repair instead of replace never seems to get pushed at government level because it would be "bad for business".

Yeah just on waste and mindless consumerism. How many of us have realised we don't need new clothes since this pandemic started? The clothing industry is one of the biggest polluters on the planet, and the whole thing is a sham, intent on making us buy more and more when we don't really need to. Mindlessly polluting for the sake of pumping out clothes that no one really needs is something we should really put a stop to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Pie in the sky stuff. We'll all go back to the way we were before this started.
    Incorrect.

The Great Reset (DAVOS/WEF/Bilderberg/Rockerfellers) is essentially the 4th Great Industrial Reveloution, but not over the next 10-15yrs (as it would normally have been), but instead compressed, crammed and pushed <1.5yrs or so (thanks to this handy 'small window of opportunity' on the back of a global vaccine mutli-delivery to 8bn).

And not just an economic reset, but a systematic, technocratic, global re-programming across all areas of daily life, 'a new (globalist) society', aka 'build back better'.

Blockchain digital identifers of persons, and objects(IOT) is the centrepeice.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭3xh

Well now you’re talking like there’s a big reset indeed. Brought to you by people who haven’t a care in the world for you.

So instead of say 8 billion Leafs, we switch to 4 billion and embrace this shared ownership concept. You’ve to book a slot in a pooled car through an app.

Before you can book, you need to submit proof of your vaccines being up to date otherwise you might inadvertently infect the other community users of the pooled car. What a utopia.

How does this community deal with people leaving dirt in the car? Shoot them? Or just ban them from access to the community car ever again. They can walk to wherever they need to go. Just be back home before their curfew starts.

Maybe Klaus Schwab will be kind and provide a community Transit van that departs for the local health centre and shops once a week for these blaggards. Until it leaves on its schedule, if your sick or hungry, tough.

Pound for pound, Europeans are the most energy efficient people on the planet between things like car use, energy use of resources for industry, strides taken towards green technologies both in the home and in public settings, recycling, etc. Not to mention its on-the-floor birth rate in run ragged middle income families which is being propped up by permitted immigration from Africa.

We’re not the problem when it comes to energy use, the environment, climate change, etc.

India and China are with their poor standards of environmental regulation and 1.3b populations. And America too with its wanton use of energy.

The crux of this reset is the financial aspect. The monetary system. It’s the coming home to roost of all that Quantitive Easing not to mention the unhitching of the western currencies to the Gold Standard. Both ideas are great and create wealth immediately but over time, it’s exposed as a bubble. Printing money like they did makes the currency no better than Monopoly money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yeah just on waste and mindless consumerism. How many of us have realised we don't need new clothes since this pandemic started? The clothing industry is one of the biggest polluters on the planet, and the whole thing is a sham, intent on making us buy more and more when we don't really need to. Mindlessly polluting for the sake of pumping out clothes that no one really needs is something we should really put a stop to.

I agree. My wifes dad has clothes going back as far as 1969 that he still wears the odd time. Im similar. Most of my clothes are fairly ancient. T shirts going back to 2007 although I have a mound of them. I usually get 5-6 years out of jeans and hand them into repair shop to get them stitched up if holes appear. Only costs about a tenner a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭BrianD3

On a micro scale I changed some of my behaviours and attitudes around the time of the last recession and never went fully back to my old ways. This crisis is far more disruptive than the financial crisis and it is going on long enough now that I think there will be permanent change as people transition from gagging to get back to the old normal to adapting to a new normal. E.g. consumption of professional sport - maybe significant numbers will now be seeing it as pointless and a distraction and how living vicariously through millionaire sports people may not be a good way to spend one's time.

3xh wrote: »
    India and China are with their poor standards of environmental regulation and 1.3b populations. And America too with its wanton use of energy.

Irish people and Europeans pollute more per capita than Chinese. Also European countries fuel Chinese industry, as do all other rich nations. Those popcorn machines and waffle makers in Lidl weren't made in Ireland.
    Australia is the one exporting millions of tonnes of coal to China. We're all making a mess of the planet, you can't point the finger at the Chinese and use it as an excuse to do nothing.

Incorrect.

The Great Reset (DAVOS/WEF/Bilderberg/Rockerfellers) is essentially the 4th Great Industrial Reveloution, but not over the next 10-15yrs (as it would normally have been), but instead compressed, crammed and pushed <1.5yrs or so (thanks to this handy 'small window of opportunity' on the back of a global vaccine mutli-delivery to 8bn).

And not just an economic reset, but a systematic, technocratic, global re-programming across all areas of daily life, 'a new (globalist) society', aka 'build back better'.

Blockchain digital identifers of persons, and objects(IOT) is the centrepeice.

Yes, I'm amazed that people seem to think that this will either be nothing, or just a few gentle suggestions for world governments to consider. Schwab co-authored a book entitled The Great Reset. I believe it's an attempt to take over the world and crush democracy.

BrianD3 wrote: »
    On a micro scale I changed some of my behaviours and attitudes around the time of the last recession and never went fully back to my old ways. This crisis is far more disruptive than the financial crisis and it is going on long enough now that I think there will be permanent change as people transition from gagging to get back to the old normal to adapting to a new normal. E.g. consumption of professional sport - maybe significant numbers will now be seeing it as pointless and a distraction and how living vicariously through millionaire sports people may not be a good way to spend one's time.

But the so-called new normal isn't normal. There's no such thing as 'old normal'. There's normal and there's this abnormal that the media are pushing.

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm amazed that people seem to think that this will either be nothing, or just a few gentle suggestions for world governments to consider. Schwab co-authored a book entitled The Great Reset. I believe it's an attempt to take over the world and crush democracy.
    Some folks think the (Great) Reset starting July 2021, means not buying cheap arcylic jumpers or using the car a bit less, guess they're in for a bit of a shocker, as the tentacles run deep and wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I agree. My wifes dad has clothes going back as far as 1969 that he still wears the odd time. Im similar. Most of my clothes are fairly ancient. T shirts going back to 2007 although I have a mound of them. I usually get 5-6 years out of jeans and hand them into repair shop to get them stitched up if holes appear. Only costs about a tenner a go.[/QUOTE

Do you never think of learning to sew? My generation all sewed and knitted, and very few had cars.

We need to look backwards to move forwards. I still live very simply.

This is very much so a case of recognising our behaviours and infrastructures as time goes on. It's not a new idea and very much necessary. Meanwhile certain people have made it into a hamfisted conspiracy theory. Attaching the likes of Soros and Bill Gates as evil geniuses.
    Digital enslavement of humanity, and the crushing of freedom (whatever tiny bit of freedom we have left). People will say we already have smart phones, but I fear digital ids, digital currency, a digital economy. I'm speculating here, of course.

Not yet, but I think Russia might be a good country to consider emigrating to. Only problem is the language barrier.

Firstly, the economy has effectively been digital for decades. Secondly, you think moving to a country with the least amount of press freedom where the press and political opposition are assassinated? Good idea!

Irish people and Europeans pollute more per capita than Chinese. Also European countries fuel Chinese industry, as do all other rich nations. Those popcorn machines and waffle makers in Lidl weren't made in Ireland.
    Australia is the one exporting millions of tonnes of coal to China. We're all making a mess of the planet, you can't point the finger at the Chinese and use it as an excuse to do nothing.

The power of statistics.

If you want to use per capita, obviously China is super lean and efficient! It has 1.3b people to divide it’s massive energy use out among.

Whereas in Ireland, we’ve only 5m people.

Your point about Irish and Europeans fuelling China’s energy use is correct. I’d love nothing more for Irish people to stop buying junk from there. Reuse older clothes and equipment like that poster (Andrew) wrote.

A question on that though; have you considered the societal and economic impact of Irish and Europeans shunning the Chinese manufacturing industry? All those newly unemployed Chinese? Will they seek a better life in Europe then? The Irish entrepreneur who used Chinese manufacturers to make their stuff, they’re now out of work in Thurles or Termonfeckin. So less money being spent there.

It’s an incredibly interwoven problem.

I’m just slightly suspicious that the people who created this problem/the system are the ones leading us into their utopia of better money, cleaner environments, more inclusive societies, etc.

We have 5 million people, but we're part of the EU, which is almost 500 million people. So all these "wah wah India China" people need to realise we're kind of part of a mega consuming polluting population group ourselves.
    As for unemployed Chinese, well it's not really our problem, but the idea of continuing practicing destructive industries that aren't really required, for the sake of jobs, is a bit ridiculous.

This is very much so a case of recognising our behaviours and infrastructures as time goes on. It's not a new idea and very much necessary. Meanwhile certain people have made it into a hamfisted conspiracy theory. Attaching the likes of Soros and Bill Gates as evil geniuses.

Firstly, the economy has effectively been digital for decades. Secondly, you think moving to a country with the least amount of press freedom where the press and political opposition are assassinated? Good idea!

But I mean a digital currency and the abolishment of cash.

The reason I suggested Russia is because I think it's important to look to countries that have strong leaders that won't roll over and let WEF take over. Another country to consider would be Brazil. I know Bolsonaro divides opinion, but there's a video on YouTube of Bolsonaro addressing his cabinet in which he rails against lockdowns and what he described as people being humiliated by state governors. Really any country with a strong leader.

Schwab co-authored a book entitled The Great Reset. I believe it's an attempt to take over the world and crush democracy.
    Worth mentioning he also coined the phrase (and wrote the book) the 4th Industrial Reveloution back in 2015 (WEF)

The Fourth Industrial Revolution (or Industry 4.0 {post-digital 3.0}) is the ongoing automation of traditional manufacturing and industrial practices, using modern smart technology. Large-scale machine-to-machine communication (M2M) and the internet of things (IoT) are integrated for increased automation, improved communication and self-monitoring, and production of smart machines that can analyze and diagnose issues without the need for human intervention.[1]

In essence it points to large scale 'human redundancy'.

While physical objects/machines will avail of IOT, humans will be pushed towards cyber-physical systems, including embodiments and monitoring devices, later evolving into direct neural pathyway connections, with a complimentary range of nano-bio-medi-tech.

We have 5 million people, but we're part of the EU, which is almost 500 million people. So all these "wah wah India China" people need to realise we're kind of part of a mega consuming polluting population group ourselves.
    As for unemployed Chinese, well it's not really our problem, but the idea of continuing practicing destructive industries that aren't really required, for the sake of jobs, is a bit ridiculous.

I can address both Ireland alone and Ireland in Europe. The point is still the same; pound for pound, Ireland and Europe are both super efficient when it comes to reducing energy usage and doing more with less.
    The reason you thought China is as good if not better is because of their 1.3b population and the fact I think the figure is 500m of those have yet to witness and feel the benefit of its growth the past decades. So their (the ~500m) existence is used to dilute the published energy usage of China.

It’s not wah wah wah. It’s actually a valid point.
    And that’s just China. Europe is not the ecological problem in this reset.

We’re not dumping truckloads of mouldy plastic bottles in the Baltic or Atlantic and saying f it.

Regarding your comment about the unemployed Chinese not being our problem. Thank you. You’ve just clarified you don’t understand this topic on even its most basic level. Newly unemployed Chinese people will be your problem. I’m all for reducing, reusing, recycling. But I do so fully aware it has knock on effects somewhere else which, in time, come full circle and affect me.

Case in point; so many new middle class Chinese are now today’s tourists. They fly here. Spend lots of money. Pilots needed, engineers, Air Traffic Control, aircraft manufacturers. High paying jobs with secondary effects towards other jobs. There’s a company in Northern Ireland, Thomson aero, they make business class seats. They’re not cheap, obviously. But they’ll suffer big time now as a result of all this. So mass Chinese unemployment does affect us. And you too. Wherever you are in the world.

Do you think the recent and current mass migration of unemployed Africans to Europe is because they want to go skiing each winter?

They’re not here to work in our care homes pushing our grannies to the activities room.

https://twitter.com/elleprovocateur/status/1246859834328322054

An interesting thread on Twitter that explores the Great Reset and how they've been working on it for quite some time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54268038

Expect more and more articles similar to the one above to appear in the coming months. And people wonder why I encourage people to get out of the West.

It's amazing that people still believe this was ever about a virus.

• Advertisement

Here’s a link to an upcoming WEF jobs summit
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/10/jobs-reset-summit-2020-how-to-follow/

October 20th-23rd.

Can be watched live and by the looks of it questions can be asked at the time by viewers. I wonder how genuine the selection is!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement