Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ram

• 09-10-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Thinking of purchasing a Leicester x Suffolk ram. For hilltex ewes. Plan is to keep ewe lambs or sell as Hoggs. Or would I be better with a PB Leicester ram ? Or an other ram. Will prob sell almost all ewe lambs as Hoggs for breading.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

OneMan37 wrote: »
    Thinking of purchasing a Leicester x Suffolk ram. For hilltex ewes. Plan is to keep ewe lambs or sell as Hoggs. Or would I be better with a PB Leicester ram ? Or an other ram. Will prob sell almost all ewe lambs as Hoggs for breading.

I won't get a premium over texel or suffolk hoggets at the mart despite having fsr lower quality male lambs.

If your keeping them for breeding it would be beneficial

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭OneMan37

I won't get a premium over texel or suffolk hoggets at the mart despite having fsr lower quality male lambs.

If your keeping them for breeding it would be beneficial

You think Suffolk is the way to go ? I'm reluctant to use suffolk as many of my ewes are ewe lambs, and first time lambers.

Advertisement