Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Type of RCBO on a priority unit?

Options
  • 09-10-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys

Okay so I had a client tell me that the RCBO was tripping
    their priority unit for a shower when either shower is on. I tested both circuits and no fault came up. I inspected all terminals no damage to cables. However I did notice that the RCBO was a type B.

Do type B MCB's and RCBO's tend to trip when supplying contractors controlling inductive loads?

Should a type C RCBO of been used here? And should I swap the RCBO for type C?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Try a different rcbo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Different RCBO of the same type will most likely resolve the issue. Not everyone agrees but in my experience with electric showers I come across quite a few of seemingly healthy RCBOS that have become over sensitive or trip intermittently. Replacing the RCBO should resolve the issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Don’t use Wild Buzz in his red micra to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ninja1000

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Different RCBO of the same type will most likely resolve the issue. Not everyone agrees but in my experience with electric showers I come across quite a few of seemingly healthy RCBOS that have become over sensitive or trip intermittently. Replacing the RCBO should resolve the issue

Yea that's what I did anyway. I replaced the RCBO just incase but I wasn't completely comfortable walking away without finding exactly what was causing the problem.
    I like when I find the culprit it makes me sleep better at night knowing that I won't have to go back to the house lol

Thanks for the advice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Sleeper12 wrote: »

I agree

• Advertisement
Advertisement