Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming Gardai

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

AndyFC wrote: »
    The incident in 2018 whereby members of the Gardai appeared in public with their faces covered and pictures were taken of them generated some controversy. Their choice of clothing was very controversial in the Irish Media at that time.

The issue of photography itself and the practice of taking pictures of members of the Gardai was mentioned in the Irish Media during this period.

For example:

This article appeared online with the Journal with the title that a "Ban on taking photos of Gardai on duty would criminalise ordinary members of the Irish public".

https://www.thejournal.ie/photographing-gardai-duty-4239768-Sep2018/

Minister Charlie Flanagan’s proposal would be “grossly disproportionate”, the Irish Council for Civil Liberties has said.

The recent EU ruling on the Safe Harbour Data Sharing agreement between Europe and the U.S. makes the issue of Street Photography more complicated recently. Article 2 of the GDPR does refer to Personal Use but does not cover the issue of the Online Sharing of Photography that is taken in the Public location here in Ireland such as Public Paths or Public Parks.

The Good Friday Agreement and its statement on respecting the Civil Rights of each person on the Island of Ireland is important I feel. For example what are Civil rights and how are they defined? Is a right to Street Photography a Civil Right?

The publication of photography taken by a Hobbyist online with Facebook or Flickr for example, does this practice impact the Civil Rights of a person's personal data? The GDPR legislation as I understand it, is that it does.

Personally I would not like to see the practice of Photography in Public by either a Camera, Video or Smartphone being criminalised. It would probably not be practical anyway due to the large use of Smartphone Photography that we all see everyday when walking around our public streets.

And personally I feel the right to be able to share this Photography should also not be criminalised either. The GDPR legislation in future may be challenged either here in Ireland or elsewhere in Europe. Or not, and we may all be moving into a more highly regulated environment that strictly controls the sharing of personal data such as Photography regardless of where the actual pictures are taken.
    GDPR is EU and ireland has the irish data protection act 2018.
    the irish act fails and was purposefully written by corrupt politicians
    FG\FF to aid corruption\lies\theft etc. as there are UNLIKE other EU countries,
    No sanctions as Criminal charges
    No sanctions as monetary fines.
    a minister or civil servant can and does quote Data Protection act to hide
    their criminal activity-
    I am in possesion of documents as proof and failure of garda to investigate
    quoting "data protection act" -
    its a farce in ireland and as stated fake to hide criminality by those in positions of
    authority and power.
    citizens are NOT told about Article 5 - which demands "from europe as signed up"
    ****"fair,transparant and rectify"****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Birneybau wrote: »
    Andy Heasman, the guy looking for money for his Patriot Hut.

G'wan outta that.

Oh dear....he's got two months jail coming to him.
    24 previous convictions, quelle surprise :rolleyes:

[EMAIL="https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1217/1185094-mask-bus-eireann/"]https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1217/1185094-mask-bus-eireann/[/EMAIL]

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

[EMAIL="https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1217/1185094-mask-bus-eireann/"]https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2020/1217/1185094-mask-bus-eireann/[/EMAIL]

Brilliant. Couldn’t happen to a nicer chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And John Waters defending this toerag!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,300 ✭✭✭✭walshb

GT89 wrote: »
    Firstly you can video wherever the hell you like in a public place. He didn't put any camera in the Guards face he was just videoing in a perfectly normal way until a Garda told him to stop by the looks of thing which the Garda had no right to do.

It’s your attitude on this thread that has society needing rules and regulations and law and order..

Complete lack of respect is all you have come out with on this thread..

You’re pro toerag behaviour, and your efforts to disguise it are lame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Can we get James Freeman on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Good enough for him, might teach him a lesson, hopefully when he gets out of prison he will wear his mask in the correct position.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Nice move from the Guard in lifting him off the train. I think Bruce Lee called it Lop Sau. Get out ta f*CK :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,760 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Looks like the guy on the right was thinking about doing a runner just before they drag him out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Looks like the guy on the right was thinking about doing a runner just before they drag him out.

That made my night Kermit. Almost as good as snow from you, so it is.
    Scumbag: You didn't see nothin.
    Guard: I think this is your stop lad...

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

These merchant bankers grow massive balls by getting away with so much, I remember a couple of these sort of scroates giving me grief on a rush hour 83 bus, I didn't react and let it go not wanting to make a scene but get angry about it occasionally years after the event, when I'm in those moments I'd love to have smashed one of their eye sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,599 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

And surprise surprise, you have Paul Murphy and his ilk on the side of the antisocial scrotes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/paulmurphy_TD/status/1340366200828796938

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

And surprise surprise, you have Paul Murphy and his ilk on the side of the antisocial scrotes :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Typical. Also unbelievable the kind of scrotes we have trying to govern our country. God help the country if his crowd ever get into power m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Acknowledging the fact that the Gardai used excessive force is not the same as being on the side of the people they were arresting. The roaring idiot in the hat with no mask should have been arrested too.

I witnessed a similar situation on a bus recently (a bunch of mouthy kids being a nuisance, throwing glass bottles) and the gardai managed to deal with it without assaulting anyone.

.anon. wrote: »
    Acknowledging the fact that the Gardai used excessive force

There's a difference between force and excessive force. If someone's acting the bollocks, then force is necessary. Nothing in that video was excessive.

One of the best videos I've seen all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's a difference between force and excessive force. If someone's acting the bollocks, then force is necessary. Nothing in that video was excessive.

I had to keep on watching that video looking for the excessive force and I still can’t see it.

There is no evidence whatsoever in that video that they needed to use any force to arrest them. One of them had literally just asked if he was going to be arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,037 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

There is no evidence whatsoever in that video that they needed to use any force to arrest them. One of them had literally just asked if he was going to be arrested.

Only the evidence that whatever took place was serious enough that the driver was contacted and Iarnrod Eireann decided to stop the Dart and the Gardai were called and at least 6 of them turned up.

Witcher wrote: »
    Only the evidence that whatever took place was serious enough that the driver was contacted and Iarnrod Eireann decided to stop the Dart and the Gardai were called and at least 3 cars of them turned up.

They were clearly not about to resist arrest. The Gardai could very obviously have arrested them without throwing them on the concrete.

• Advertisement

They were clearly not about to resist arrest. The Gardai could very obviously have arrested them without throwing them on the concrete.

The one that they didn't grab immediate did resist, but was overpowered?

Says he after the fact...behind a phone....having watched a video of the incident.

Thanks Captain Hindsight

SNgI51W.gif

Wholly disproportionate use of force.

Witcher wrote: »
    Says he after the fact...behind a phone....having watched a video of the incident.

Thanks Captain Hindsight

At least I've watched the video. You evidently haven't. One of them literally asked if he was going to be arrested. There is no justification for the way those absolute pigs behaved.

It would be great if one of you could just be honest, cut out the crap attempts at justifying it, and admit that you simply like watching the Gardai behaving violently towards people you regard as being a lower class than yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wholly disproportionate use of force.

If it was against innocent person yes, but these were scumbags who needed to be taught a lesson.

At least I've watched the video. You evidently haven't. One of them literally asked if he was going to be arrested. There is no justification for the way those absolute pigs behaved.

It would be great if one of you could just be honest, cut out the crap attempts at justifying it, and admit that you simply like watching the Gardai behaving violently towards people you regard as being a lower class than yourselves.

Yeah that's exactly it:rolleyes:

Toddle off there:pac:

If it was against innocent person yes, but these were scumbags who needed to be taught a lesson.

In the eyes of the law, they are innocent. It's not the job of the Gardai to teach people lessons. If that was the case, maybe they should drag us out of our cars and throw us to the ground whenever they catch us breaking the speed limit.

In the eyes of the law, they are innocent. It's not the job of the Gardai to teach people lessons. If that was the case, maybe they should drag us out of our cars and throw us to the ground whenever they catch us breaking the speed limit.

By your line of thinking, no one should ever be arrested for anything because the Gardai can't officially decide whether or not someone is guilty or innocent.

Irish scumbags are genuine scum, protected at every turn at the expense of the normal decent people that keep the country running... but they are soft. If the Gardai started using this approach on a wider scale, it would be an absolute positive move for the decent people of the country.

By your line of thinking, no one should ever be arrested for anything because the Gardai can't officially decide whether or not someone is guilty or innocent.

No offence, but that's a dumb post. It's late at night, so I'll be kind and suggest that maybe you're tired. Gardai arrest people under suspicion of committing a crime, not because they've been found guilty. It's not their job to dish out punishment on the arbitrary grounds that the suspect might be 'scum'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Those look like pretty harmless youngsters to me , the fat guard grabbed him like a farmer reaching for a bag of calf nuts

Advertisement