If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV for Gaming

Options
  • 10-10-2020 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a TV that takes advantage of the new Xbox, HDMI 2.1, HDR 10+ etc. It would also be nice to have it run on android tv so I can natively install the google stadia app

Budget is about 1200, looking for something around the 55" mark,

Jamie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

smithy1981 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a TV that takes advantage of the new Xbox, HDMI 2.1, HDR 10+ etc. It would also be nice to have it run on android tv so I can natively install the google stadia app

Budget is about 1200, looking for something around the 55" mark,

Jamie
    Hi Smithy1981.

Thanks for the post.

Very few sets run an Andriod operating system at present.
    Its really only Sony.
    They have the 55XH9005 It has four HDMI ports, two of which – namely HDMI 3 and HDMI 4 – are HDMI 2.1. Of those, HDMI 3 is the only designated port for ARC and eARC sources.
    Priced at 1179 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204740-sony-kd55xh9005bu-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Stock on these is super tight so I would have to ensure I could secure you one first if it would be of interest?

Let me know you thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm looking for something with a 120hz panel. Do any options open up if I give up on the android tv part? I can get one of the new chromecasts if needed.

Regards,

Smithy

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'm looking for something with a 120hz panel. Do any options open up if I give up on the android tv part? I can get one of the new chromecasts if needed.

Regards,

Smithy
    Hi Smithy1981.

You would be raising your budget for 120Hz.

Like the LG 55BX6 priced ta 1349 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204959-lg-oled55bx6lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freesat-hd.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Hi Kenny

After doing some reading I might just wait and see if you have the LG55CX on sale for Black Friday. Can you notice any difference in picture between the BX and CX yourself?

Thanks again,
    Jamie

Hi Kenny

After doing some reading I might just wait and see if you have the LG55CX on sale for Black Friday. Can you notice any difference in picture between the BX and CX yourself?

Thanks again,
    Jamie
    Hi Smithy1981.

To be honest I have yet to see the BX range in action.

We have the CX running here at the store and it fantastic!!

If you keep your eye on our website you will see the Black Friday deals appear and we will also try to post them on Boards.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.