Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPTV Sports in Aus

• 10-10-2020 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭

Would it not be nice to have one provider of a range of sports in this part of the world like they seem to have in Aus?
    About €15 per month!

https://kayosports.com.au/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

We have it - it's called Now Tv - only missing Eurosport as far as I can tell. More expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Delta2113 wrote: »
    We have it - it's called Now Tv - only missing Eurosport as far as I can tell. More expensive.

My understanding, although I am unsure, is that the Aus service can be viewed in a browser .... Now TV cannot, it needs its own app I believe.

Of course price is a biggie as well as the range of sports covered.

https://help.kayosports.com.au/s/article/What-devices-can-I-use-to-stream-Kayo

Technically and the options that it gives it's a great product.

The pricing is considerably lower than the Sports package on Foxtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

My understanding, although I am unsure, is that the Aus service can be viewed in a browser .... Now TV cannot, it needs its own app I believe.

You can watch it on a laptop, no problem

Originally Posted by Johnboy1951

FRIENDO wrote: »
    You can watch it on a laptop, no problem

Using a browser? ...... Firefox or Chrome?

• Advertisement

Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Edge all work MacOS 10.12+ and Windows 10.

I don't have either of those operating systems unfortunately.

Good to see it works in those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I don't have either of those operating systems unfortunately.

Good to see it works in those.

You need those to use Kayo in browser form too

As said Now TV and this are basically the same idea. Whereas NowTV pulls its sport from Sky, BT and Premier Sports, Kayo pulls its from Foxtel, ESPN (aus) and BeIn Sports (Aus)

Some of the big rights missing from Kayo include the EPL, Champions League and World Cups in football and the Australian rugby union side too

An old friend of mine works for one of the companies involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Don't know about Safari but I have Chrome, Firefox and Edge running on my Windows 7 laptop.

One of the reasons why you can't get all sports from one provider is that the EU forced the like of the English Premiership to split their TV offerings into multple bundles. The objective being that more than one provider would get TV rights.

The result was a bidding war which pushed up the costs for the TV providers, resulted in yet more wage inflation for the top players and meant that the pubs and punters now had to sign up for multiple providers.

Advertisement