Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro + TP-Link AV600s Not Working - Help Please!

Options
  • 10-10-2020 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi

I live just outside Letterkenny and have been blessed with SIRO for some time. The access point is at the one side of our house and my home office is at the other. I therefore use a TP-Link AV600 in the office and the FritzBox router is plugged into that (both for power and electricity).

That all works fine (noting we lose a lot of speed that way but it's still plenty good enough!) - but today I was trying to resolve my son's PS4 connectivity issues by moving from wi-fi access to a LAN connection through another AV600.

There was no internet connection via the second AV600 for the PS4 or a laptop used for a test, nor through a third AV600 or a different cable. On top of that, pairing the AV600s caused the router to lose DSL connectivity, which was only restored by swtiching the AV600 it connects through.

Based on this set-up, am I going to have problems pairing a AV600s if they are the source of the connection for the router? I don't see why that would be the case but am very open to suggestions as to how to resolve this!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi

I live just outside Letterkenny and have been blessed with SIRO for some time. The access point is at the one side of our house and my home office is at the other. I therefore use a TP-Link AV600 in the office and the FritzBox router is plugged into that (both for power and electricity).

That all works fine (noting we lose a lot of speed that way but it's still plenty good enough!) - but today I was trying to resolve my son's PS4 connectivity issues by moving from wi-fi access to a LAN connection through another AV600.

There was no internet connection via the second AV600 for the PS4 or a laptop used for a test, nor through a third AV600 or a different cable. On top of that, pairing the AV600s caused the router to lose DSL connectivity, which was only restored by swtiching the AV600 it connects through.

Based on this set-up, am I going to have problems pairing a AV600s if they are the source of the connection for the router? I don't see why that would be the case but am very open to suggestions as to how to resolve this!

Thanks in advance

Are you using the AV600 to place the router in the office??? Its not the way these are really designed to be used, especially if you are looking to use more than one pair.

The router should be plugged into the ONT firstly and then the main AV600 into a LAN port on the router. This shopuld allow the others to be paired and provide internet at other locations

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Hi - yes - but the reason for having the router there was to push the wi-fi from that location rather than from where the ONT is.

Perhaps the answer would be to try having the router there and see how it affects the wi-fi situation and use an AV600 for the office.

Thanks for responding.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

You could purchase another Fritzbox router and set it up as a Mesh repeater, that way you have wifi distribution from both sides of the house.

Here's one on adverts for cheap:
    https://www.adverts.ie/routers-and-modems/fritzbox-7430-wireless-router/21325624

So the Mesh Master beside the ONT, and the Mesh repeater in the office (or anywhere for that matter). Mesh repeater will work with either wired or wireless back to the master.

I bought another 7590 and have it configured as above and it works very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Hi, thanks for replying.

As it turned out, the router had to be replaced as for whatever reason even after a factory reset it would not work when moved beside the ONT.

I got a new one from Digiweb and that works - I have a wifi repeater to boost the signal to help the tv run Netflix and the AV600s are working fine for the wired connections.

I may well get a Mesh repeater for the office if the speed becomes an issue there but it's been fine for what I've been doing (i.e. definitely ok for work, not tried a big game download for example).

Advertisement