Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this dead ?

Options
  • 10-10-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

I bought what I thought was a bargain in Homebase - 65 yoyo down from 180 !

I moved it to a much bigger pot than it was in and put some fresh compost - But I now think its not doing great

So what do folks here think ?

Thanks

528879.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Looks OK to me. They can get treated very bad with in the shops. I'd say leave it as is for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

Looks very healthy apart from what looks like a bit of windburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Biggest mistake you can make is putting a plant in too large a pot when repotting.

The problem is that there are no plant roots in the new compost to make use of it and use up any water, so if you overwater even just a little the new compost can become waterlogged and kill the roots.

That said I don't think the OP has gone too mad and overpotted. As suggested looks like damage due to our crap weather this year - windburn.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

It looks ok so far but you'll need to keep an eye on it for a while. It also looks as if it could rock a lot in wind - it has no support/stake? It's a tall plant and the wind will shake it. You will need to make sure it never dries out until next spring at least. Don't flood it - just make sure it stays moist all the way down and especially in it's first year in a new pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Looks like some sort of cyprus trained into a pom pom tree. Could be a laylandii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭blackbox

Nice Jag!

Advertisement