Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working child’s kitchen set

Options
  • 10-10-2020 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I’m looking for a working child’s kitchen set.

A working hand mixer or stand mixer
    A proper sieve
    A proper whisk.

Just something that she can actually use - not a play toy.

Struggling to find anything - thought I’d ask.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

This is so cute :) I saw one in an electrical shop once and thought it was gorgeous, the owner was keeping it for his own kid, they weren't on sale as such. This one is something similar though, for the other stuff you can just buy the real thing in small sizes if necessary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CASDON-Little-Kenwood-Titanium-Mixer/dp/B003QZMTD2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If I were you I'd go to somewhere that has a good range of appliances and look for small sized real ones. The mini Kenwood is really cute but it's battery operated so I'm not sure you'd get great results with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

phormium wrote: »
    This is so cute :) I saw one in an electrical shop once and thought it was gorgeous, the owner was keeping it for his own kid, they weren't on sale as such. This one is something similar though, for the other stuff you can just buy the real thing in small sizes if necessary.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CASDON-Little-Kenwood-Titanium-Mixer/dp/B003QZMTD2

Brilliant. Just couldn’t find it in my searching. Thank you.

You’re right - I can buy smaller versions. Just hoping for a nice set. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

I got my niece some personalised baking stuff on Etsy before - might also be worth a look: https://www.etsy.com/ie/search?q=kids%20baking

If I were you I'd go to somewhere that has a good range of appliances and look for small sized real ones. The mini Kenwood is really cute but it's battery operated so I'm not sure you'd get great results with it.

Thanks. I’ve had a look but there’s not much there to select - small whisks etc yes but not mixers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You'd think there would be more - there's definitely a market for it.

What age is she?

What age is she?

t she’s fairly handy at this stage. I’d say 1 Michelin star.

Right, on the younger side so :) If 9/10ish I'd have said just buy one of the cheaper Aldi/Lidl stand models when they are there, they are not that expensive but in fairness 4 would be a bit young to be using them. Although my 5 yr old grandson regularly uses the hand electric mixer, he's a dab hand at making buns at this stage.

I have never forgotten asking for a toy sewing machine for Christmas when I was about 12, I used to make clothes for my dolls, very fancy wardrobes of designer gear :) and I wanted this little battery machine in a local toy shop. Anyways Christmas morning there was a real sewing machine under the tree, I was disgusted! I wanted the toy one, shoved the real one in the back of the wardrobe and didn't use if for years, ungrateful brat that I was!

Right, on the younger side so :) If 9/10ish I'd have said just buy one of the cheaper Aldi/Lidl stand models when they are there, they are not that expensive but in fairness 4 would be a bit young to be using them. Although my 5 yr old grandson regularly uses the hand electric mixer, he's a dab hand at making buns at this stage.

I have never forgotten asking for a toy sewing machine for Christmas when I was about 12, I used to make clothes for my dolls, very fancy wardrobes of designer gear :) and I wanted this little battery machine in a local toy shop. Anyways Christmas morning there was a real sewing machine under the tree, I was disgusted! I wanted the toy one, shoved the real one in the back of the wardrobe and didn't use if for years, ungrateful brat that I was!

Brilliant story. Brought a smile to my face. When your heart is set on something - it’s set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh memories! I had a toy sewing machine but it was hand operated not electrical. Still had it 15 years ago.

This is a dinky little thing, not great for a real baker as it's only a glorified hand mixer that sits on a bowl but might do the job for a child. It will make basic stuff, is not too big and is cheap, boring colour though!

Obviously though it is an electric machine and stick your hand in the mixers and it will hurt! But used safely it should be ok, as mentioned my grandson has been using the hand electric mixer for a while, I used to have to help him hold it as it was too heavy for his hand but he can manage it himself now, this one takes away the need to hold it as it attaches to a bowl.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/kitchen-gadgets/hand-stand-mixer/p51942

This is a dinky little thing, not great for a real baker as it's only a glorified hand mixer that sits on a bowl but might do the job for a child. It will make basic stuff, is not too big and is cheap, boring colour though!

Obviously though it is an electric machine and stick your hand in the mixers and it will hurt! But used safely it should be ok, as mentioned my grandson has been using the hand electric mixer for a while, I used to have to help him hold it as it was too heavy for his hand but he can manage it himself now, this one takes away the need to hold it as it attaches to a bowl.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/kitchen-gadgets/hand-stand-mixer/p51942

Great suggestion. Thank you for that. I think that’ll be ideal for her. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Advertisement