Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav Alcohol Free Beer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

listermint wrote: »
    See previous page on this thread. And same page.

Someone asked when it would be launched to market. The poster was replying to that??
    See 4 comments back from your own sarcastic comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

twomonkeys wrote: »
    Someone asked when it would be launched to market. The poster was replying to that??
    See 4 comments back from your own sarcastic comment.

I asked when it was launched, it was answered by brewnut who brought information to the thread.

The post i replied to put it in the thread as if it was new news, not based on launch time frames.

My point is it was already under discussion.

No need to be sarkey its thursday....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I asked when it was launched, it was answered by brewnut who brought information to the thread.

The post i replied to put it in the thread as if it was new news, not based on launch time frames.

My point is it was already under discussion.

No need to be sarkey its thursday....

I just didn't see the previous post before I submitted mine. Relax guys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

irish_goat wrote: »
    500ml or 470ml can though?
    The Public Health (Alcohol) Act doesn't apply to it, so 500ml, of course, with a floating widget. Ingredients listing laws do apply, however, so you'll find fructose on there, as well as "natural flavourings", which the brewer at the press launch today wouldn't be drawn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

BeerNut wrote: »
    as well as "natural flavourings", which the brewer at the press launch today wouldn't be drawn on.
    Can't be much, given it's trying to replicate Guinness :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Drinking one now. It's pretty convincing. They've certainly nailed the texture and tangy sourness of real Guinness. It still has the sweet worty thing that dealcoholised beers tend to have, it's just muted because of the roast.

Looking forward to trying one of these! :) I liked the mid strength Guinness back in the day too...when I could get it. Didn't get the hatred for it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Will the NA Guinness farts be as lethal? Genuine question btw.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

The lemon one isn't bad either.

Had the Erdinger Lemon last night. Quite nice, radler like almost. Got a little sweet as it warmed up but I think I'll pick a few up again to have when I want something cold and refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying one of these! :) I liked the mid strength Guinness back in the day too...when I could get it. Didn't get the hatred for it at all.

That was great stuff, for weddings or long days on the sauce. Is it gone altogether? I remember seeing in places up until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Am v excited RE the non alcoholic Guinness, if it captures the texture I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

That was great stuff, for weddings or long days on the sauce. Is it gone altogether? I remember seeing in places up until maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Am v excited RE the non alcoholic Guinness, if it captures the texture I'll be happy.
    I haven't seen it in years sadly. Hopefully the new stuff lives up to the promise!

• Advertisement

That was great stuff, for weddings or long days on the sauce. Is it gone altogether? I remember seeing in places up until maybe 2 or 3 years ago.
    Guinness Mid-Strength is still on the go, but only in sports club bars, by and large. The company says it won't be affected by the launch of Guinness 0.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Guinness Mid-Strength is still on the go, but only in sports club bars, by and large. The company says it won't be affected by the launch of Guinness 0.0.

I don't get the point of Guinness mid-strength Why drink it instead of the full one.

Why drink it instead of the full one.
    You can drive. It's specifically a beer for drivers. Outside of golf club bars the only place I've seen it is Donheny & Nesbitt where civil servants and bankers go for pints before driving home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

The 0-0 Guinness hasn’t made it to my local Tesco yet. Would it be in the Carry-Out off licenses at this stage???

Masala wrote: »
    The 0-0 Guinness hasn’t made it to my local Tesco yet. Would it be in the Carry-Out off licenses at this stage???

It’s not out until November.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I must admit, when I heard about this I went through the same thought process as I did with the meat-free Beyond Burger - sacrilege, abomination, why mess with the real thing, etc.

But just like the Beyond Burger, I will definitely try it. (the burger was actually quite convincing)

It’s not out until November.

Pretty sure it will be in supermarkets next week, as in from Tuesday or so

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The Guinness N/A I'm looking forward to. I'm a bit of a light weight with Guinness so having 1 proper pint and 1 of these will suit be perfect!

antodeco wrote: »
    The Guinness N/A I'm looking forward to. I'm a bit of a light weight with Guinness so having 1 proper pint and 1 of these will suit be perfect!

Or mix the 2, for 2% guinness. You could dilute 8 cans into 16, so you probably wouldn't be as hungover. Alchemy. I'm a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭sporina

Moretti Zero - wow its fab - the best so far for sure.. wow.. but its €€€ almost €7 for 3 bottles 33 cl - yikes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

sporina wrote: »
    Moretti Zero - wow its fab - the best so far for sure.. wow.. but its €€€ almost €7 for 3 bottles 33 cl - yikes

€5 for 3 bottles in Tesco

€5 for 3 bottles in Tesco

what tesco? i got mine in tesco..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Punk AF. I found it very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

sporina wrote: »
    what tesco? i got mine in tesco..

Bought it in Tesco Castlebar about an hour ago, would have thought it would be the same in all of them, can't find it on their website though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pretty sure it will be in supermarkets next week, as in from Tuesday or so

Various sources say November for Irish market next week for UK market.

Bought it in Tesco Castlebar about an hour ago, would have thought it would be the same in all of them, can't find it on their website though

awe ok - i bought these about a week ago... maybe the price was different then

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Kinnegar low tide last night. 0.5% Pale Ale. It was nice and I’d get it again if going for a low alcohol beer

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Various sources say November for Irish market next week for UK market.

I thought it was the other way round. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

The aldi roadworks alcohol free version is very close. I find it has the same body of a real ipa and it does not have the wort aftertaste you get with alcohol free beer.

• Advertisement

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I get Early Start regularly, it has a nice little hop kick. On the same shelf they usually have Baltika zero alcohol lager which is also very good.

Early Start by Roadworks - what kind of beer is this? larger, IPA or..?

Advertisement