Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Forum

Options
  • 11-10-2020 5:17am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

In a thread where a poster was asking for advice on the breed of a pup

here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058117547

I saw the post about the "app" where you can put in pics of the dogs to find out the breed.

As someone who has used said app, and even put myself in said app, for comedy purposes, I posted the following in the thread

"put yourself in to it.

It will tell you what dog you are supposedly. or what breed you resemble"

My post quoted no one, it was a post designed to inform people they too could do it for comical reasons. It was not aimed at anyone not any attempt to insult.
    Why would I post on the thread as a dog owner to insult other dog owners. That would make no sense.

I said this to the mod who gave me the infraction, and was told "since I had a habit of trolling" , which itself is a lie.

The fact the mod wrongly assumed and has a predetermined bias based on a lie shows my post was unfairly removed.
    The fact a mod would even accuse me of trolling shows the mindset of said mod.

As said, most dog owners , like myself would laugh at the idea of finding out what breed they resemble.
    Are things so miserable on here that every comment is wrongly seen as trolling ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I can look at this for you. Could you share the pm exchange that you had with the mod where you attempted to resolve the issue? Send to me or paste it here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

HERE IS THE INFRACTION I GOT

Screenshot-2020-10-11-boards-ie-You-have-received-an-infraction.png

My reply can by seen in the second post from the mod who accused me of calling people dogs.

It was a ridiculous and paranoid accusation to what was clearly informing members what people could do with the app.
    They had a predetermined opinion of me and judged me on that, NOT my post.

Screenshot-2020-10-11-boards-ie-Re-You-have-received-an-infraction.png

THE THIRD REPLY FROM THE MOD CLEARLY ACCUSED ME OF TROLLING

Screenshot-2020-10-11-boards-ie-Re-You-have-received-an-infraction-1.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Can you check again if this is ALL of the pm exchange? I need to see the entirety of the exchange between the 2 of you.

all that was left was my reply to the mods 3rd and final pm after she accused me of being a troll, despite her claim I never posted in that forum.

It is clear my post insulted nobody, was not quoting anybody and was clearly letting others know what else we could do with the app.
    Its the principle of the matter...to be first thought of as mocking members, then accused of trolling.
    Screenshot-2020-10-12-boards-ie-Re-You-have-received-an-infraction.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Justin

2 of your screenshots included spam links which have been deleted

the pic host must have added them

I have discussed this with the relevant mod and they have agreed to give you the benefit of the doubt in this instance so we will lift the card.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Marking this resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement