Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetings in schools

Options
  • 11-10-2020 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of teaching allocation being used for meetings, groups meeting of post holders and one on one meeting with Management. I'm wondering if this is the norm anywhere as I've never come across it before! It adds up to a lot of teaching time lost!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of teaching allocation being used for meetings, groups meeting of post holders and one on one meeting with Management. I'm wondering if this is the norm anywhere as I've never come across it before! It adds up to a lot of teaching time lost!

We would have a certain amount as we have a high level of interaction with outside agencies. But not for management meetings or post holder meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I completely understand using it for interactions with outside agencies, especially in student support or learning support, but weekly one hour check-ins timetabled seems excessive given it comes from allocation. I was just curious is it something other schools are leaning towards and I've just been in the same school a while so I wasn't aware

Advertisement