Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were the left wing fascists attacking peaceful protestors yesterday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

MFPM wrote: »
    That would imply you're not looking hard enough.

Very disengenuous but he/she is not the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

MFPM wrote: »
    That would imply you're not looking hard enough.

You don't know many of these self declared anti fascists, do you?

Don't have any understanding of their mindset.

They have done a bad job stopping anti-semitism alright.

We dont even have laws on Holocaust denial.

Maybe Antifa could protest that.

Don't get them started on the Jews, the thread will never end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

It’s sad to see the complacency here. Plays right into their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,493 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They have done a bad job stopping anti-semitism alright.

We dont even have laws on Holocaust denial.

Maybe Antifa could protest that.

I don’t believe we should have laws about holocaust denial...the holocaust it’s a deeply sad, evil and tragic event that DID happen 1800 Kms away. If somebody denies that fact, we criminalize them ? I’d just think they were a fûcking idiot.

It has been documented that the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo has killed an estimated 5.4 million people, making it the most lethal since World War II. If I or anyone denied that should I be criminalized, jailed too ?

Getting onto ropey ground if we end up criminalizing folks for talking bôllocks. As disrespectful as it might be we are veering off the road of democracy and into something more in line with Nazi twats if we go jailing people because they believe in stupid shît like there wasn’t a holocaust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    let me guess , the far left get to define and decide who is a " fascist " ?

Who gets to decide who's a criminal in this country?

Let me guess, its a bunch of "lawmakers" and "police" who probably aren't even criminals themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

2 dozen people at the protest! Maybe 3 dozen!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Right into the hands of a tiny group of people who are shunned by Irish society?

What really plays into their hands is stupid people throwing things at them outside Buswells Hotel on a Saturday afternoon. Which at once makes their rally newsworthy and their cause seem reasonable.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

The party that won the popular vote in the election has TDs like this and the party did nothing.

Where were the protests?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30982680.html%3ftype=amp

Exactly the place to start. Do you want to wait until it’s 2 or 3 hundred? Two or three thousand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Maybe the "far right " here are The Avengers line up ?

Two dozen of those guy's would indeed be a force to contend with

Playtime is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Exactly the place to start. Do you want to wait until it’s 2 or 3 hundred? Two or three thousand?

What do you think these people are? Rabbits?

Seriously though, do you believe that violence on the streets is a good thing?

Glazers Out!

Why has it failed so miserably in Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Holland,Italy,Austria etc?

Protests haven't stopped far right parties winning seats all over Europe.

Where are the protests about Irelands major problem with anti-semitism? :confused:

There'd be a counter-protest if there was an anti-semitic march in the city centre.

Thankfully, we're not that far gone down the fascism rabbit hole to be having anti-semitic marches yet which are on the scale of the anti mask protests

Why has it failed so miserably in Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Holland,Italy,Austria etc?

Protests haven't stopped far right parties winning seats all over Europe.

Because noone kicked the **** out of them in Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Holland,Italy,Austria etc

yoke wrote: »
    There'd be a counter-protest if there was an anti-semitic march in the city centre.

Thankfully, we're not that far gone down the fascism rabbit hole to be having anti-semitic marches yet which are on the scale of the anti mask protests

It would be facist to have an anti-semitism March. :rolleyes:

It would be facist to have an anti-semitism March. :rolleyes:

Thats exactly my point.

Because noone kicked the **** out of them in Sweden,Denmark,Norway,Holland,Italy,Austria etc before they got big.

Not true at all.

Far left and far right have been clashing all over Europe for decades.

nullzero wrote: »
    What do you think these people are? Rabbits?

Seriously though, do you believe that violence on the streets is a good thing?

Exactly, so we should get the fascist scum off our streets...

I'd say that you'd be on a first name basis with quite a few if there was such a March.

• Advertisement

Richard Barrett is a total nut job. You underestimate the Irish people.

That's why so few people showed up.

Danzy wrote: »
    I'd say that you'd be on a first name basis with quite a few if there was such a March.

Id say you touch yourself every night.

Interestingly you'd be quite wrong, I've never bothered attended a march of any type for anyone before, possible exception of paddy's day parade if I was cajoled into it, but not sure that counts

Id say you touch yourself every night. Interestingly I've never attended a march of any type for anyone before

Not every night.

My point is that you and the other holy priests are just as dangerous as your cousins.

Ye are so adamant in opposition because it is a family spat.

Of course you haven't attended marches before, it's all about your family feud.

Different views but same type of personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the BDS movement and pro Palestine movement and anti austerity movements were full of anti-semitism , they were much bigger than any of the anti mask / anti paedo marches which I'm sure contained the similarly low levels of anti semites / fascists (respectively) but still present.

They are anti-facists but want to see Israel destroyed. :rolleyes:

Republican scum like Saoradh aren't know for their support of the the right of the Jewish people to self-determination.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXRV4MezEw

This one goes out to Niall McConnell.

Apparently his favourite song at his all boy, Brazilian themed parties in Phibsboro.

No wonder he loves coming to Dublin so much for his 'protests'

Richard Barrett is a total nut job. You underestimate the Irish people.

That's why so few people showed up.

It’s Justin Barrett. And read my comments above on him specifically. He, and the current lot, are not significant. But there’s a reason you blow out candles before you go to bed.

It’s Justin Barrett. And read my comments above on him specifically. He, and the current lot are, are not significant. But there’s a reason you blow out candles before you go to bed.

Justin Barrett, yes. I know him from abortion campaigns over the years. Nut job.

This isn't an issue.

Not every night.

My point is that you and the other holy priests are just as dangerous as your cousins.

Ye are so adamant in opposition because it is a family spat.

Of course you haven't attended marches before, it's all about your family feud.

Different views but same type of personality.

No I'd say every night on a regular basis, you'd have an alarm going off bang on the hour to remind you too:D

Im a holy priest? I thought I made it clear I'm atheist.
    My cousins? Not sure what you mean here.

If anti-racists are the same as racists, then someone fighting back when they're attacked is the same as the attacker.

• Advertisement

Justin Barrett, yes. I know him from abortion campaigns over the years. Nut job.

This isn't an issue.

Let’s hope you’re right. But why take the risk?

Advertisement