Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were the left wing fascists attacking peaceful protestors yesterday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Let’s hope you’re right. But why take the risk?

Street protests wont stop people voting far right.

The proof is all over Europe at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZXRV4MezEw

This one goes out to Niall McConnell.

Apparently his favourite song at his all boy, Brazilian themed parties in Phibsboro.

No wonder he loves coming to Dublin so much for his 'protests'

Homophobic when it suits you...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Let’s hope you’re right. But why take the risk?

There is no risk.

Same thing with Gemma . Nut job. No support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Street protests wont stop people voting far right.

The proof is all over Europe at the moment.

I’m not talking about street protests. Flag waving and chanting does nothing. Fascists should not be allowed to use democracy against itself. They should have no platform at all to organise or communicate. You don’t invite burglars into your house, we shouldn’t invite fascists into our elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

yoke wrote: »
    No I'd say every night on a regular basis, you'd have an alarm going off bang on the hour to remind you too:D

Im a holy priest? I thought I made it clear I'm atheist.
    My cousins? Not sure what you mean here.

If anti-racists are the same as racists, then someone fighting back when they're attacked is the same as the attacker.

You are not a believer in a God but you are as theological as any believer.

Your cousins like Justin. Ye are cut from the same cloth and that drives your animosity, you both offer the same hell for people, just differing routes but the same insufferable egos and control.

In another life you would have made Bishop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

They are anti-facists but want to see Israel destroyed. :rolleyes:

Republican scum like Saoradh aren't know for their support of the the right of the Jewish people to self-determination.

The Israel issue has absolutely nothing to do with anti-racism.

We're not here to debate the correctness or incorrectness of Europe deciding to export its Jewish population to create yet another religion-based state in the middle east a long time ago, any more than we are here to debate China invading Tibet, or America invading Iraq.

Those topics can have their own threads and not all people who are anti-racist are going to give a **** or even have the same opinion on those topics.

There's a difference between being anti-chinese (racist) and anti-chinese-government's actions (PRC govt)

I’m not talking about street protests. Flag waving and chanting does nothing. Fascists should not be allowed to use democracy against itself. They should have no platform at all to organise or communicate. You don’t invite burglars into your house, we shouldn’t invite fascists into our elections.

They shouldn't but the same must apply to people like yourself who are just as dangerous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm sure you know the guy on twitter called 'hyperbolic' who's made it his business to identify and dox anyone in Ireland he considers to be far right. At the time of the parody Ebun Joseph account he got the names of everyone who followed it and proceeded to "track down" every person with that name and call their employers etc. He even got one name wrong and called or emailed the employers of 5 men who had nothing to do with anything and accused them of being Nazis. He wouldn't even back off when someone from boards messaged him pointing out his mistake.
    This type of behaviour is totally normal for that whole crew-a lot of them have obvious psychological or substance abuse issues, yet you think they should be the judges of what people are allowed to say.

But who defines it?

The electorate themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Thats all well and good, but this isn't the credit-giving thread. You may as well give credit to the thousands of doctors who work tirelessly for our benefit, etc.

The point I made was that the way you asked the question betrayed how you think, the "them and us" mentality present in yourself, and that you didn't even consider that people might not admire any politicians, or think politicians particularly worthy of admiration beyond normal people.

Its like a football supporter asking "who do you support?" when they don't even play football themselves. Not everyone gives a **** about football, and not everyone gives a **** about identity politics

So, because I asked if Antifa supporters have a political ideology, am I now a supporter of the far right ? The reason I asked is that the far right nutjobs seem to have there political Hero's, and I wanted to see if Antifa supporters also want to inflict Totaltalitarian sh~t onto people. Regarding a them and us mentality, it's part of the Antifa gospel, with no middle ground .

• Advertisement

The Israel issue has absolutely nothing to do with anti-racism.

We're not here to debate the correctness or incorrectness of Europe deciding to export its Jewish population to create yet another religion-based state in the middle east a long time ago, any more than we are here to debate China invading Tibet, or America invading Iraq.

Those topics can have their own threads and not all people who are anti-racist are going to give a **** or even have the same opinion on those topics.

There's a difference between being anti-chinese (racist) and anti-chinese-government's actions (PRC govt)

The far left in Ireland believe in stuff like the Jews control the banks and other such rubbish.

They have a long history of it.

But who defines it?

The electorate themselves?

The modern radical left consider the electorate suspect, none so much as the working class, who they largely despise, there is no snob like a middle class left activist.

Danzy wrote: »
    You are not a believer in a God but you are as theological as any believer.

Your cousins like Justin. Ye are cut from the same cloth and that drives your animosity, you both offer the same hell for people, just differing routes but the same insufferable egos and control.

In another life you would have made Bishop.

You just made all of that up

So, because I asked if Antifa supporters have a political ideology, am I now a supporter of the far right ? The reason I asked is that the far right nutjobs seem to have there political Hero's, and I wanted to see if Antifa supporters also want to inflict Totaltalitarian sh~t onto people. Regarding a them and us mentality, it's part of the Antifa gospel, with no middle ground .

So where do you stand on the anti-bullying campaigns currently running in schools, do you think that bullied people who stand up for themselves are the same as the bullies they stand up to?

"We shouldn't be teaching kids self-defence, because they might use it against the poor bullies! and that will lead to more fights! They're cut from the same cloth cos they're fighting back"

Better solution is to get rid of the bullies, rather than penalising the kids who are fighting back because you can't protect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

They shouldn't but the same must apply to people like yourself who are just as dangerous.

What’s dangerous about a centrist that opposes fascism? Are you equating that with fascism? Have you lost all perspective?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It would be facist to have an anti-semitism March. :rolleyes:

Wow. Like, wow.

You just made all of that up

You are actually that transparent.

****ing hell man, do you listen to yourself, George etc.

1950s Priests.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

the BDS movement and pro Palestine movement and anti austerity movements were full of anti-semitism , they were much bigger than any of the anti mask / anti paedo marches which I'm sure contained the similarly low levels of anti semites / fascists (respectively) but still present.

This narrative you keep pushing about an anti-paedo march/protest is just totally disengenuous.

I was introduced to Glen Hansard once, doesn't mean I've any time for his music.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wow. Like, wow.

It would be fascist to have a march supporting anti-semitism is what I wanted to say.

We have had loads of them in Dublin over the years.

The modern radical left consider the electorate suspect, none so much as the working class, who they largely despise, there is no snob like a middle class left activist.

Plus they have a nasty racist side that they cant help showing once in a while.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/09/priti-patel-criticises-racist-cartoon-showing-fat-cow-guardian-12826463/

https://www.irishpost.com/news/sinn-fein-councillor-accused-racism-leo-varadkar-says-comments-misinterpreted-177445

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

For the record I hate all religions, I've no time for bull****

WOW.

Tolerance, acceptance and inclusivity is just a veneer with some on the left.

You are actually that transparent.

****ing hell man, do you listen to yourself, George etc.

1950s Priests.

I have no ****ing clue what you're on about. Please explain.

Danno wrote: »
    WOW.

Tolerance, acceptance and inclusivity is just a veneer with some on the left.

Tolerance for religions that preach to kill and enslave your fellow man, and that women aren't even worth enslaving, you can just rape and marry them, as they're not really people?
    Acceptance for gay-bashing because homosexuals make easy targets, since they're always outnumbered?
    Inclusivity with a bunch of people who that you exclusively are going to hell because you reject their god?

No thanks, I'm just anti-fascist.

The hilarious thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm not even left-wing...

Edit - Well, maybe slightly (very slightly) to the left of centre. I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Tolerance for religions that preach to kill and enslave your fellow man, because women are less than men?
    Acceptance for gay-bashing because homosexuality is a sin?
    Inclusivity with a bunch of people who believe that you exclusively are going to hell because you reject their god?

No thanks, I'm just anti-fascist.

The hilarious thing is, I'm pretty sure I'm not even left-wing...

Youll have to clarify, if youre talking above about christianity you’ll get a load of likes, but if this is a post about islam then youre in for a rough time, It could be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

What’s dangerous about a centrist that opposes fascism? Are you equating that with fascism? Have you lost all perspective?

I had a good laugh at that one. In fairness, Danzy, its like you didn't read his posts at all. It has to be left or right with some folks, there is a middle ground, its where most people reside.

Youll have to clarify, if youre talking above about christianity you’ll get a load of likes, but if this is a post about islam then youre in for a rough time, It could be either.

**** Islam and **** Christianity.

How's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I have no ****ing clue what you're on about. Please explain.

Deeply lacking in self awareness too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

sabat wrote: »
    I'm sure you know the guy on twitter called 'hyperbolic' who's made it his business to identify and dox anyone in Ireland he considers to be far right. At the time of the parody Ebun Joseph account he got the names of everyone who followed it and proceeded to "track down" every person with that name and call their employers etc. He even got one name wrong and called or emailed the employers of 5 men who had nothing to do with anything and accused them of being Nazis. He wouldn't even back off when someone from boards messaged him pointing out his mistake.
    This type of behaviour is totally normal for that whole crew-a lot of them have obvious psychological or substance abuse issues, yet you think they should be the judges of what people are allowed to say.

So how did your employer react?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It has to be left or right with some folks, there is a middle ground, its where most people reside.
    In the real world, that is absolutely correct.

In the boards.ie world, the middle ground is somewhere to the right of Mickey McDowell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Game Face MCGee

No, that’s not the problem at all. You can’t just stand back and do nothing when it comes to fascism, out of fear of giving them more exposure. Democracy doesn’t have the luxury of being so passive. The first problem is that fascists have a platform in the first place. The second problem is that people are sticking their head in the sand when they see people standing up to them. Fascism isn’t going to spontaneously jump off a cliff. It has to be pushed.

the world has seemed to cope fairly well ignoring these fascists for the last 70 years. has there been a exponential increase in the treat from these groups or an exponential increase in participation of young people in the liberal arts dogma in recent years.

you cant have your "important" voice and world view heard if you don't have something to fight against

Advertisement