Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were the left wing fascists attacking peaceful protestors yesterday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Sorry Yes, it was Pat Corcoran's baby ADA Ireland who were responsible for these protests.

2) that she was hit with a flagpole is up for as much debate as to what she did first. theres too many theories on it. She wasn't there just to admire the architecture of the dail and go home peacefully anyway thats for sure.

Ah yeah she faked splitting her head open. It was all a lie. And even if she was hit she deserved it for having a counter protest. Did she hit anyone? Did she launch any missiles? No, she was there and a few scumbags went over and beat her over the head with a weapon. And now the National Party fascists get the same treatment it’s all cries to the heavens and clutching of pearls.

Absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

FTA69 wrote: »
    Ah yeah she faked splitting her head open. It was all a lie. And even if she was hit she deserved it for having a counter protest. Did she hit anyone? Did she launch any missiles? No, she was there and a few scumbags went over and beat her over the head with a weapon. And now the National Party fascists get the same treatment it’s all cries to the heavens and clutching of pearls.

Absolutely pathetic.

the rest of your post is a complete ramble but I'm not saying she deserved to be hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sorry Yes, it was Pat Corcoran's baby ADA Ireland who were responsible for these protests.

2) that she was hit with a flagpole is up for as much debate as to what she did first. theres too many theories on it. She wasn't there just to admire the architecture of the dail and go home peacefully anyway thats for sure.

And of course this is the problem, these gob****es on both sides aren't happy unless they're picking fights with some gob****es on the other side.

I can understand the post-Republican shower getting involved so they can fantasiz that they're revolutionaries rather than just socttish football enthusiasts but the grown ups in the room need to invest heavily in the Garda Dog Unit and let mans best friends sort all these eejits out every time they get too lively. Nothing like the bitey end of a furry torpedo to restore cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Care to tell me why wearing a mask has a negative impact. There have been many pieces of information how masks help with the spread (as long as you do everything else) with the spread of droplets

Masks do have a negative cultural impact - they may encourage people to stay indoors and shop online rather than getting out to keep the bricks and mortar economy going. Watching people walk around with masks on in front of boarded up shops is unpleasant indeed.

However, the protests have less to do with masks per se ( I wear one myself and have no problem doing so ), but more to keep the pressure on government to ensure they are making the best decisions possible.

There is a danger boxes will be ticked for no good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭yoke

Remove the fascists and the antifascists will automatically stop.

If you can't remove the fascists, well just keep in mind where that leads. Hitler was democratically and legally elected into power, after all.

• Advertisement

yoke wrote: »

If you can't remove the fascists, well just keep in mind where that leads. Hitler was democratically elected into power completely legally, after all.

the problem is there are so few actual fascists in Ireland that the anti-fascist militant types had to expand the definition of fascism to include basically anyone they don't like, landlords/bankers/conservatives/old people who still say racist things that used to be ok/people who have any issue with direct provision centres etc...

you saying 'remove the fascists' in this very modern context is basically saying eradicate anyone right of FF, which is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A massive bunch of mongs, they should have all been tear gassed.

MadYaker wrote: »
    A massive bunch of mongs, they should have all been tear gassed.

I have no idea why Ireland doesn't own a water cannon, you'd imagine we'd have atleast 1 and a few tear gas grenades but for some reason we don't. Does anyone know why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Biker79 wrote: »
    Masks do have a negative cultural impact - they may encourage people to stay indoors and shop online rather than getting out to keep the bricks and mortar economy going. Watching people walk around with masks on in front of boarded up shops is unpleasant indeed.

However, the protests have less to do with masks per se ( I wear one myself and have no problem doing so ), but more to keep the pressure on government to ensure they are making the best decisions possible.

There is a danger boxes will be ticked for no good reason.

I don't agree with anti mask but do with this posts.
    Masks make me much less likely to go to a B&M shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

I have no idea why Ireland doesn't own a water cannon, you'd imagine we'd have atleast 1 and a few tear gas grenades but for some reason we don't. Does anyone know why ?

It was never necessary...

.....until those Antifa goons came along.

• Advertisement

the problem is there are so few actual fascists in Ireland that the anti-fascist militant types had to expand the definition of fascism to include basically anyone they don't like, landlords/bankers/conservatives/old people who still say racist things that used to be ok/people who have any issue with direct provision centres etc...

you saying 'remove the fascists' in this very modern context is basically saying eradicate anyone right of FF, which is wrong.

The good work will never be complete, of course

qwig6dttrl511.jpg

If you can't remove the fascists, well just keep in mind where that leads. Hitler was democratically and legally elected into power, after all.

Who are meaningful fascists in Ireland? The "communists" are alot more prominent

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, since Ive only ever heard of antifascists protesting the likes of Justin Barrett and Gemma O'Doherty myself, both of whom I'd consider fascists.

The anti mask crowd might claim to be protesting about masks, but they appear to be a bunch of racist and homophobic pricks to me. If they were really only protesting about masks, and nothing else, then their own members should have been kicking the **** out of the guys who were trying to put an anti-immigrant/homophobic slant into the protest.

If I set up an anti-mask protest, and a bunch of people started chanting pro paedophilia stuff, I'd immediately get the other members to help kick them out. Letting them chant in the same protest means you agree with them.

Who are meaningful fascists in Ireland? The "communists" are alot more prominent

The only reason the fascists are known is due to people giving out about them. Ignore them like the electorate

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Imagine lunatics following the 4ft 3" poisonous midget that is Justin 'Mini-me" Barrett and Gemtrails ever trying to claim any kind of moral high ground. Hilarious.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, since Ive only ever heard of antifascists protesting the likes of Justin Barrett and Gemma O'Doherty myself, both of whom I'd consider fascists.

The anti mask crowd might claim to be protesting about masks, but they appear to be a bunch of racist and homophobic pricks to me.

qwig6dttrl511.jpg

Every time.

Justin Barrett. Irish national party. Irish freedom Party.
    Why do I think they're fascists?
    Well, they're all racist and homophobic, for one. They want to control who you breed with... that's pretty fascist in my book.

Justin Barrett. Irish national party. Irish freedom Party.
    Why do I think they're fascists?
    Well, they're all racist and homophobic, for one. They want to control who you breed with... that's pretty fascist in my book.

But they are more or less irrelevant. They have zero representation.

Ireland doesn't do facism

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bambi wrote: »
    qwig6dttrl511.jpg

Every time.

You think there's an argument whereby Justin Barrett isn't a facist?

Bambi wrote: »
    qwig6dttrl511.jpg

Every time.

Eh stick to watching your anime cartoons please, the grown-ups are talking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Fred, how are things in FG HQ?

You think there's an argument whereby Littler Justin Barrett isn't a facial?

You seem to think that there's an argument that Gemtrails is.

Of course, the bould Barret could havre seen the light and abandoned his visions of overseeing an Irish Reich in the same way that Rich Boy Barret and Wee Paul Murphy abandoned their respective brands of Marxism and are now Democrats true and true :D

Eh stick to watching your anime cartoons please, the grown-ups are talking.

If you're enthusing about about anti fascism then you're most defintely paddling around the shallow end of political discourse. The grown ups are of one opinion when it comes to street gang politics :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Acosta wrote: »
    So, beating people up is bad, but it's not really their fault because two women and a teenager show up that they don't like and don't agree with to observe/counter protest(something they're perfectly entitled to do) or others at previous rally's do the same. Despite not being in any shape or form a physical threat. Christ

They didn't show up to observe, they charged into the middle of them while shouting abuse at them. They crossed a line that the Gardaí were trying to make to protect them but they kept trying to push through or run around the Gardaí. They shouldn't have been hurt but they went looking for a fight. Gardaí said you can't go in there you'll get hurt, they went in anyway and cried about it when they got hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

This thread is an excellent example of the gaping canyon between boards posters and ordinary people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Where were all the crocodile tears when these fascists were marching around Dublin the last few weeks?

And they are actually fascists: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Barrett#Interactions_with_neo-Nazi_and_neo-fascist_groups

Instead we get all sorts of strawmen about bankers etc being termed fascists, here's a hint, they're not, and various left wing groups and parties, was Boyd Barrett's crowd involved yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Acosta

GarIT wrote: »
    They didn't show up to observe, they charged into the middle of them while shouting abuse at them. They crossed a line that the Gardaí were trying to make to protect them but they kept trying to push through or run around the Gardaí. They shouldn't have been hurt but they went looking for a fight. Gardaí said you can't go in there you'll get hurt, they went in anyway and cried about it when they got hurt.

They didn't charge into any crowd. They were stood back and were set on by a group of NP thugs after one of the speakers on stage pointed them out. You can see on the video clips they were nowhere near being in the middle of that rally. Two women and a teenage boy. Looking for a fight? Give over will ya. What brave patriots those hard men are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

When did attacking actual fascists become a bad thing? They want to snuff out democracy. They want take away the rights of gays and immigrants. They want run the country as a Catholic theocracy. And they casually joke in public about the luftwaffe and murdering the Taoiseach.

Why is it a bad thing to oppose these vermin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

dan1895 wrote: »
    When did attacking actual fascists become a bad thing? They want to snuff out democracy. They want take away the rights of gays and immigrants. They want run the country as a Catholic theocracy. And they casually joke in public about the luftwaffe and murdering the Taoiseach.

A good 20% of British Muslims desire sharia law , I don't see ANTIFA blathering about the desire for a theocracy in that instance

There is no far right threat of any serious kind in this country, those who prattle on about it are engaged in a phoney war

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »

The forces of the state can deal with any attempts to snuff out democracy, thanks very much. No help required from extremist loons who's own commitment to democracy is highly questionable. Back to making a holy show of the League of Ireland with them.

Advertisement