Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who were the left wing fascists attacking peaceful protestors yesterday?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

dan1895 wrote: »
    When did attacking actual fascists become a bad thing? They want to snuff out democracy. They want take away the rights of gays and immigrants. They want run the country as a Catholic theocracy. And they casually joke in public about the luftwaffe and murdering the Taoiseach.

Why is it a bad thing to oppose these vermin?

You are aligning yourself with actual fascists / terrorists who killed a journalist in Derry.
    Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

When did attacking actual fascists become a bad thing? They want to snuff out democracy. They want take away the rights of gays and immigrants. They want run the country as a Catholic theocracy. And they casually joke in public about the luftwaffe and murdering the Taoiseach.

Why is it a bad thing to oppose these vermin?

The vermin of the radical left, fascism's older and more murderous cousin need to be opposed as well.

The self declared anti fascists may have posher accents and better shoes but they are the same in effect, whatever ideological differences they list out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Two cheeks of the same hole. Lots of angry and disaffected young men shouting abuse at each other. There's a reason about 300 people turned up total yesterday - it's because both sides are just angry thicks. There is never going to be a far right or a far left party in power. It's all obscure stuff designed to appeal to dullards.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭tjdaly

When did attacking actual fascists become a bad thing? They want to snuff out democracy. They want take away the rights of gays and immigrants.

You wouldn't be the deepest thinker would you.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

These ‘counter protestors’ are much worse than the anti mask cohort, and those people are awful. Finding imaginary fascism and protesting against an anti paedophile march, its just so sad to know that im probably paying tax for these people to live

Imaginary fascism? You're having a laugh. Well known Neo Nazi Justin Barrett who wants abortion doctors murdered is an "imaginary fascist" - yeah right

https://spotlightontheright.wordpress.com/2016/10/05/no-2-justin-barrett-michael-quinn/

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/far-right-rally-had-welcome-for-irish-no-activist-1.1098691

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1219970193188847616?s=19

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

They know full well Barrett's neo-Nazi links, and don't care. This stuff about 'imaginary fascism' is just deflection and trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Deshawn wrote: »
    I agree.

Calling the anti mask protestors "Nazis" is equally ridiculous and is trivialising the actions of real Nazis and the disgusting acts they carried out.

Now that you have the facts hopefully you can see that it is no relation to the crazy q anon conspiracy theory.

Justin Barrett was caught rotten attending neonazi rallies in Germany some years back, was he not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

yoke wrote: »
    Justin Barrett. Irish national party. Irish freedom Party.
    Why do I think they're fascists?
    Well, they're all racist and homophobic, for one. They want to control who you breed with... that's pretty fascist in my book.

Big difference between the National Party and the Irish Freedom Party.

The National Party are the equivalent of the BNP and National Front. IFF would be more like the Conservatives leading to UKIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

Big difference between the National Party and the Irish Freedom Party.

The National Party are the equivalent of the BNP and National Front. IFF would be more like the Conservatives leading to UKIP

Except their leader cavorts with far right loyalists BNPers and openly holds to the extreme racist great replacement bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

They know full well Barrett's neo-Nazi links, and don't care. This stuff about 'imaginary fascism' is just deflection and trolling.

JB is probably the closest thing to fascist or far right that Ireland has, Gemma is a reactionary loon who will jump on any bandwagon but I don't think is a fascist, Grand Torino might be a bit of a racist but probably wouldn't go as far as fascism.

the national party do not market themselves as fascist, none of their public policies are fascist (and while I would agree that JB's end game is to build some sort of reich out of the ashes of an Ireland detached from the EU) , I don't think most of the NP's members are fascists. This anti mask agenda, the national parties agenda etc.. I'm sure is JB's attempt to groom people into being fascists but thus far has not worked.

Ireland has no elected fascists, has no systematic fascist policies anywhere near government, we have one little twerp who has to hide his beliefs behind lots of other things because its literally that hard to get anything even vaguely right wing off the ground here.

Ireland doesn't have enough fascists or a large enough fascist movement to be even worth fighting. the day JB dies, thats fascism gone in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Startling report here on the antics of the Antifa yesterday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hundreds-clash-in-violent-exchanges-at-dublin-protest-1.4377808?mode=amp

I don't think they were wearing full faces masks because of the virus : )

AllForIt wrote: »
    Startling report here on the antics of the Antifa yesterday.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/hundreds-clash-in-violent-exchanges-at-dublin-protest-1.4377808?mode=amp

I don't think they were wearing full faces masks because of the virus : )

Daddy might cut them out of the firm if they are scandalizing the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Acosta wrote: »
    They didn't charge into any crowd. They were stood back and were set on by a group of NP thugs after one of the speakers on stage pointed them out. You can see on the video clips they were nowhere near being in the middle of that rally. Two women and a teenage boy. Looking for a fight? Give over will ya. What brave patriots those hard men are.

Obviously violence isn't good but the videos I saw showed them trying to get past the Gardaí into the crowd. Didn't see anything about them being pointed out maybe that happened earlier on.

The person actually added kamakazie into their name on social media and you're saying she didn't run into the crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Two cheeks of the same hole. Lots of angry and disaffected young men shouting abuse at each other. There's a reason about 300 people turned up total yesterday - it's because both sides are just angry thicks. There is never going to be a far right or a far left party in power. It's all obscure stuff designed to appeal to dullards.

the far left have a huge influence in media , academia and the NGO sector , the far right have zero influence anywhere , if they played a gig , they would struggle to have three men and a dog present

thats funny , you reference the biggest " ism " hustler in the country ( mark malone ) to make a point

malone is the Ned Flanders of the radical progressive left , the guy earns a living pouring over social media so as to find any sort of comments which are at odds with PC doctrine , he is literally a conservative hunter for pay , an avid open borders proponent and card carrying communist

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    thats funny , you reference the biggest " ism " hustler in the country ( mark malone ) to make a point

malone is the Ned Flanders of the radical progressive left , the guy earns a living pouring over social media so as to find any sort of comments which are at odds with PC doctrine , he is literally a conservative hunter for pay , an avid open borders proponent and card carrying communist

I had to laugh at Malone passing judgement.

He is cut from the same cloth.

Danzy wrote: »
    I had to laugh at Malone passing judgement.

He is cut from the same cloth.

him and philip o connor are both internet super wanker5

Sinn Fein are far Left. They sit in the European Parliament grouping for communists. They will probably moderate but many people in that party are extremists. We have have serial murderers in the Dail in Sinn Fein.
    Many terrorists, drug dealers, killers, thugs and communists in that party behind the soft image of Mary Lou and O'Broin.

O ,Broin is himself a communist , dont let the urbane demeanor fool anyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Healy_Rayban

I bet that Izzy guy was there too!

Loved how he decided to deny saying it's ok to punch a fascist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Healy_Rayban

FTA69 wrote: »
    The National Party are fascists who believe in the abolition of democracy and are associated with neo-Nazis in Germany and Italy as well as right-wing Loyalists. As we saw with Golden Dawn in Greece they have also formed squads that have engaged in violence towards others, one of them splitting open a woman’s head with a flagpole a couple of weeks back.

The fact these people are now crying about free speech and democracy and all the things they seek to remove if they ever touch power is laughable.

Fair play to the counter mobilisation yesterday and long may fascists be driven from the streets.

Izzy went looking for trouble. Serves him right for saying it's ok to punch a fascist. Problem being his definition is not fascism.

• Advertisement

I bet that Izzy guy was there too!

Loved how he decided to deny saying it's ok to punch a fascist.

izzy is a she

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

O ,Broin is himself a communist , dont let the urbane demeanor fool anyone

I have no doubt he is. Would be very dangerous in power.

Saoradh and IRSP/INLA were involved yesterday. Again very dangerous dissident republican groups , 10 Saoradh jailed for terrorism last month up north.MI5 double agent McFadden got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

A good 20% of British Muslims desire sharia law , I don't see ANTIFA blathering about the desire for a theocracy in that instance

There is no far right threat of any serious kind in this country, those who prattle on about it are engaged in a phoney war

No response about the sharia law from any of the posters on here, quelle surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,896 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sinn Fein are far Left. They sit in the European Parliament grouping for communists. They will probably moderate but many people in that party are extremists. We have have serial murderers in the Dail in Sinn Fein.
    Many terrorists, drug dealers, killers, thugs and communists in that party behind the soft image of Mary Lou and O'Broin.

And FFFG who let the paedos in the RC church rape their way around the country while subverting democracy? Any thoughts on them?

Dev visiting Chief Nonce McQuad for advice on how to run the country.

And don't forget about FF cosying up to criminals with their amnesties. The Monk loved that.

And who could forget how DOB has never faced charges for bribing Lowry?

And that's without mention Haughey, Burke and Lawlor.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Saoradh and IRSP/INLA were involved yesterday. Again very dangerous dissident republican groups , 10 Saora

Do the IRSP/INLA/MDMA even still exist? I don't think they even sell drugs anymore :D

Lots of us support the armed struggle.

The Republican movement being taken over by middle class sticks and people who think Mao is an example to follow is deeply concerning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭enricoh

Saoradh and IRSP/INLA were involved yesterday. Again very dangerous dissident republican groups , 10 Saoradh jailed for terrorism last month up north.MI5 double agent McFadden got them.

Didn't a load of them come down from the north for some March a while ago?
    Were these nordies again? Should help dublin's covid figures no end if so!

Bambi wrote: »
    Do the IRSP/INLA/MDMA even still exist? I don't think they even sell drugs anymore :D

I didn't think they existed down here anymore only up North but both them and Saoradh had posts up yesterday bragging about attacking fascists etc at the Dail.

Although in both cases whatevers left would be so heavily infiltrated by Gardai Special Branch and PSNI/MI5, they wouldn't take a piss without being monitored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

I do not know either of these groups involved in the hassle yesterday, and I have no wish to know them.

But peaceful protest and demonstration is a part of our democracy and helps to keep it alive and meaningful.

That said, all our constitutional rights are limited by a requirement to observe the rights of others.

That these protests descended into violence shows that we need to control the right to protest and demonstrate.

But we must do so within the constitutional rules.

Preventing them altogether would be unconstitutional, but keeping them apart in either time or place would not. It would be to respect the rights of all parties in allowing their protest and preventing violence.

We need the government to licence these protests, not by the issue on which they are held, but such that they are given a place and time that is free of other protests and therefore unlikely to lead to violence.

Advertisement