Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gent - Wevelgem 2020 (Spoilers)

Options
  • 11-10-2020 12:52pm

Live on the apps now 78km to go and things are kicking off. Not sure where Sam is at the minute. Roads are wet in places, leaves on the cobbles. Ackermann just punctured at the bottom of a climb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Mullen on the ground and not making an effort to get up

5 or 6 lads down in short order at different points there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any sign of Sam?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Harder to spot Sam now without the national champs jersey

Hard to spot him now that he's back in the standard issue DQS kit. Not seeing number 11 in the bunch behind with other DQS lads.

• Advertisement

Shut up Carlton

neris wrote: »
    Shut up Carlton

Yeah just leave Blythe and Phil Gil at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

2 km to go to the last ascent of the kemmelberg

WVA and MvdP are the strongest riders but I still wouldn't be surprised if they don't win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Serious impression of Sean Kelly there by Kirby :pac:

• Advertisement

Love to see Degenkolb do it.

EDIT: Love that Ridley he's on there.

9 riders to choose from

Dylan Teuns in absolute no mans land

Pedersan wins.

WVA & MvdP finish 8th & 9th!!

Yeah WVA and MVDP cancelled each other out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That was an epic finish, really enjoyed the cat & mouse tactics.

Women's race is on now

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Great race today.

They need to get Adam Blythe on more race commentaries. Enjoyed his whoops throughout the day whenever someone showed great power.

Pity Pedersen wasn't wearing his Rainbow Jersey for these races.

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Great race today.

They need to get Adam Blythe on more race commentaries. Enjoyed his whoops throughout the day whenever someone showed great power.

Pity Pedersen wasn't wearing his Rainbow Jersey for these races.

The few times I heard Blythe on the Tour de France coverage I didn't particularly warm to him. But I thought he was great today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Daroxtar wrote: »

I think it would be a shame if does, he's got no sprint any more but showed at the Saudi tour this year that he can be a valuable asset to the team and played a key role in Phil Bauhaus' win there.

He's had a hard time though in the last 3 years with crashes and illness. He was only back I think and he face planted in the UAE I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Brilliant last 10km there. Very enjoyable racing and commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Aww, that's sad to watch Cav there. I thought it was great to see him in the break and actually 'racing' (something I haven't seen since one of the british national champs a few years back where he was up the front putting on the hurt). Was just saying to the wife that maybe this is a new tactic - he needs to get some actual *racing* in his legs to come up a level. Sitting in hiding all day as would be his job typically, wasn't getting him any form* (and from reading Wiggins perception on the lack of effort in a race compared to a long structured training session, I wondered if Ellingworth told him to go out and race and not worry about the finish line for the moment...get the racing back in ye....just race)
    So was kinda expecting this to be day one of the new Cav. Then I saw the vids from Twitter ðŸ™

* I know it's not that simple and I know he was battling with illness but repeating the same thing and expecting different results...well... Box, outside, be thinking...

Advertisement