Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2020 | Stage 9 | San Salvo - Roccaraso (208 km)

Options
  • 11-10-2020 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭

Medium mountain stage with a steep finish - the last 2 km averages 10%

I think we're all watching Gent - Wevelgem though.

zZ3XBCpx7ytzaAKtE8tAuP.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

16 km to go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hmmm not the most exciting stage.

Kelderman & Fugslsang looked the best of the GC contenders. Nibali couldn't keep up with them at the finish and Kruijswijk struggled the most and would have lost more time if it were not for his two team mates.

Almeida is still in the Maglia Rosa but his lead is down to 30 seconds. It's actually very likely though he will stay in the lead overall until this day next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

NIbali needstoegt going or the race could be over

Kelderman looks very good and he has a top TT

Masnada left Almeida in the finale there :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Wasn't a very exciting stage in the end, bring on the Stelvio and Sestriere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

MPFGLB wrote: »
    NIbali needstoegt going or the race could be over

Kelderman looks very good and he has a top TT

Nibali has no kick left in him and hasn’t for a while now. If he wins the giro this year, it will be because of his experience and staying out of trouble which he is generally very good at.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Nibali has no kick left in him and hasn’t for a while now. If he wins the giro this year, it will be because of his experience and staying out of trouble which he is generally very good at.

Third week, always third week

The surprise for me here is Kelderman. He's had chances and chances for GC for years now and never delivered either because he falls off in the lesser races or just hugs wheels at tours. 4 wins and none in the last 5 years.

Totally surprised by the ride he's had here and his willingness to actually try and take time when he's able to.

I've been the first to give out about him here over the last few year but now I'd actually love to see him pull it off.

Advertisement