Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Services Officer Positions in Cork, Limerick and Ennis.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

weadick wrote: »
    Really disappointed too. I suppose the money isn't great anyway.

442.99 euro a week ?
    Is that for a 35 hour week ? That would be 12.65 an hour . You wouldn’t want to be driving very far or paying for parking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

LuasSimon wrote: »
    442.99 euro a week ?
    Is that for a 35 hour week ? That would be 12.65 an hour . You wouldn’t want to be driving very far or paying for parking ?

After 12 months you get incriminates every year as do all public service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 HLK316

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Got an email there telling me I didn't get through to the next stage. Fairly disappointed as I have actually worked in Revenue before. Still can't believe those tests were so hard.

I got an email saying that I passed the tests but I'm not in the initial group of successful applicants? But I might be called for an interview later? Not sure if thats good or bad :/

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

LuasSimon wrote: »
    442.99 euro a week ?

Its a 37 hour week (net)

HLK316 wrote: »
    I got an email saying that I passed the tests but I'm not in the initial group of successful applicants? But I might be called for an interview later? Not sure if thats good or bad :/

Better than go way ya sap, which is what I got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 scummiemummie

Has anyone here worked as an SO. The job description is so broad, I'd like to know what I might end up doing. I got email today saying I've passed the assessments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Has anyone here worked as an SO. The job description is so broad, I'd like to know what I might end up doing. I got email today saying I've passed the assessments
    It can often be a bit of whatever is needed, but core duties would usually be:
    Staffing the reception & dealing with visitors.
    Looking after building security, including being a keyholder. This can mean you have very little flexibility with your hours as you have to open up/lock up.
    Looking after the post - internal, external, couriered etc
    Setting up meeting rooms, and general furniture moving.

wench wrote: »
    It can often be a bit of whatever is needed, but core duties would usually be:
    Staffing the reception & dealing with visitors.
    Looking after building security, including being a keyholder. This can mean you have very little flexibility with your hours as you have to open up/lock up.
    Looking after the post - internal, external, couriered etc
    Setting up meeting rooms, and general furniture moving.

Thank you. So is there very little by way of administrative work involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

Yes, the admin work would usually fall to COs and EOs

There may be some in so far as ordering stationary, supplies or maintaining certain records but strictly speaking its not an administrative role/grade.

• Advertisement

wench wrote: »
    Yes, the admin work would usually fall to COs and EOs[/quote

Thank you. That helps a lot.]

There may be some in so far as ordering stationary, supplies or maintaining certain records but strictly speaking its not an administrative role/grade.

Thank you. That helps. I'm really looking for clerical work.

Thank you. That helps. I'm really looking for clerical work.

Unfortunately this goes back to my post to another user yesterday, unless you have prior administrative experience, at some point you would need to move to a Clerical Officer role to gain the experience needed to advance within the civil service.

Were you called to the interview stage?

Unfortunately this goes back to my post to another user yesterday, unless you have prior administrative experience, at some point you would need to move to a Clerical Officer role to gain the experience needed to advance within the civil service.

Were you called to the interview stage?

I was yes. I've been applying for loads of jobs and tbh I didn't realise this wasn't a clerical role. So I'm feeling a bit stupid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

I was yes. I've been applying for loads of jobs and tbh I didn't realise this wasn't a clerical role. So I'm feeling a bit stupid!!!

This is so frustrating, I put so much effort into those aptitude tests and would really like this job, have experience in similar roles but was eliminated by a stupid aptitude test.

This is so frustrating, I put so much effort into those aptitude tests and would really like this job, have experience in similar roles but was eliminated by a stupid aptitude test.

I honestly can't see the connection between that aptitude test and the position involved. It's ridiculous to be honest.

I think most people would assume its administrative and its not clearly stated otherwise so I wouldn't be feeling stupid.

It depends on your personal circumstances and qualifications, I know one of the negative side of the service officer role is that they aren't automatically entitled to flexi-time and so your hours may be fixed. If thats not an issue for you and your not currently working, its wouldn't be a bad job for the moment.

The next permanent Clerical Officer campaign for the Civil Service is due in early to mid 2021.

I think most people would assume its administrative and its not clearly stated otherwise so I wouldn't be feeling stupid.

It depends on your personal circumstances and qualifications, I know one of the negative side of the service officer role is that they aren't automatically entitled to flexi-time and so your hours may be fixed. If thats not an issue for you and your not currently working, its wouldn't be a bad job for the moment.

The next permanent Clerical Officer campaign for the Civil Service is due in early to mid 2021.

Thank you. I really appreciate the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 HLK316

Better than go way ya sap, which is what I got

What did your email say?

It’s a faux test all they want to do is cull the numbers.

• Advertisement

HLK316 wrote: »
    What did your email say?

Yera standard rejection yoke I intend to ask for feedback just to annoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Off topic for this thread but did anyone apply for national screening clerical officer? I'm looking for the discussion board.
    Thank you

Waggamamma wrote: »
    Off topic for this thread but did anyone apply for national screening clerical officer? I'm looking for the discussion board.
    Thank you

The link for the HSE campaign was posted in the Clerical Officer 2020 (civil service) thread but I don't think a new thread has been setup for that campaign.

If you go to the Work and Jobs forum, you can setup a new thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058060499&page=141

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Waggamamma

Thanks again Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brownbandit

First time poster.. i was invited to the interview for this position and done it a couple of weeks ago. I haven't heard back yet and am just wondering is everyone else the same or is it bad news coming my way?

Also if nobody has heard back any idea of when they are letting people know?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SmokieLynch

Yes I did an interview over 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back one way or another. I asked at the end of interview but they had no info on the next timings for any next step.
    How did you find the interview. Was fairly straightforward I though!!

Advertisement