Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#MeToo Ireland

Options
  • 11-10-2020 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

So ever since the 'MeToo' movement started, there've been varying opinions on it. Supporters say it makes women less afraid to come out while critics (who I think are more than supporters) say it's nothing more than witchunt which makes actual sexual assault victims less believable.

I didn't want to post in the Gentlemen's Club because I wanted to hear both sides. Will this lead to men being afraid to flirt with women in the workplace?

I'm surprised we haven't seen similar things destroy lives here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

there are scumbag men who sexually assault women
    there are scumbag women who sexually assault men
    there are scumbag women who lie about being assaulted
    there are scumbag men who lie about being assaulted.

#metoo was a powerful tool in exposing the wide spread assault in the cesspit known as Hollywood, but just as it had its powers for good, it has its powers for bad with false accusations, denying jury outcomes etc......

like most things in the world it has its positives and negatives.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,552 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I didn't want to post in the Gentlemen's Club because I wanted to hear both sides. Will this lead to men being afraid to flirt with women in the workplace?
    Nothing to do with the fact you've been told to stop starting threads in tGC for a while then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement