Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Path - Farenkelly

Options
  • 11-10-2020 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi everyone, went for a run from kilcoole along the mass path to Farenkelly, I crossed the road and climbed over the style to try to continue onto Delgany, couldn't find my way though, it just seems to end? I just ended up running to the top of a field with no gaps to pass through. There was a little overgrown path just to the left but that had been fenced off with no trespassing signs?

Anyone know if it's open, did I just miss it
    or has it been closed off?

A description of where to go would be great?!?

Much appreciated!
    Post edited by 2011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'm not sure you read the signs properly. I (also didn't read them properly) think they warn you that you are entering a farm, to keep your dogs on a leash, that you are entering at your own risk - but that is the path. There is an unlocked gate to the right hand side of the signs - it just looks like part of the fence. I was on it on Friday last and it was all open.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

Plastik wrote: »
    I'm not sure you read the signs properly. I (also didn't read them properly) think they warn you that you are entering a farm, to keep your dogs on a leash, that you are entering at your own risk - but that is the path. There is an unlocked gate to the right hand side of the signs - it just looks like part of the fence. I was on it on Friday last and it was all open.

Thanks, is that down the little overgrown path, there is a silver large fence in the way?

I didn't look too closely, so could of missed it.
    I assumed it was a dead end and headed up the fields instead

Yes that's it, when you climb over the style keep left with the galvanised fence on your right hand side. There's a not very well worn path in the grass. You end up coming out at the N11 at Blackberry Lane - the point you would join the N11 if you had left Delgany and wanted to head south.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

Plastik wrote: »
    Yes that's it, when you climb over the style keep left with the galvanised fence on your right hand side. There's a not very well worn path in the grass. You end up coming out at the N11 at Blackberry Lane - the point you would join the N11 if you had left Delgany and wanted to head south.

Much appreciated, I'll give it another go!!! ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I cycled that bit during the lockdown - the path is there, but the signs on the fence very much want you to think it isn't

(from a cycling perspective, the massive gate on Drummin Lane is a bigger obstacle - there's an overgrown stile to the side, I basically had to throw my bike into the hedge, walk through the stile and then retrieve the bike...)

• Advertisement

Great minds

oZ7FYKnl.jpg

Advertisement