Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wellington boots

Options
  • 11-10-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to find high wellies that fit,
    They all seem to be for people with no calves and long legs.
    The ones in Woodies and B&Q anyway.
    Where else can they be found?
    Can't risk online because with my calves I have to try them on.
    Maybe I should try riding boots?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭RachelsCousin

Do you need full length wellies? A half length might be more comfortable, depending on what you want to use them for. If you need full length, something like Hunter brand might work if it's only your upper calf that's wide as they can be adjusted. They can be pricey though.

It'd help to know where you are. I get my wellies in a small agri store - they only have 1 type.

Sports Direct have some full & half length (probably Dunlop). Other sports shops / hiking shops might have, like Mountain Warehouse, Decathlon, etc. Or fishing tackle shops. They'd all have different brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Don't know where you are located, but I'd take a spin around your local fishing tackle / gun dealers, agri co-op, etc. Bound to find something to fit.

I've found neoprene boots (Muckboot and similar) to be very comfortable. I also have chunky calves.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Kewreeuss

Would be Dublin.
    Never thought of the outdoors/hiking shops.
    Thank you for your suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Try also builders merchants a lot of them do the cheap Dunlop soft toe wellies (soft toe = no steel toe cap). They are dead cheap (less than €15) and I get through a few pairs a year. I'd prefer to be buying new ones than trying to fix expensive ones.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have given up on wellies, though I more or less have the leg shape you describe :D I find all of them too hard to pull over the ankle/instep bend. I now wear Lidl hiking boots for gardening. They are comfortable (for me), waterproof in most circumstances, cheap, and I can adjust the laces to get them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

If you don't find something local, take a look at this site.
    https://www.jileon.com/

I've bought from them before, and they have several options to get the right fit
    https://www.jileon.com/pages/how-to-choose-wellies-that-fit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Try a tool and workware store.

Advertisement