Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Is the new total ban on household visitors legal or even constitutional ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nobotty wrote: »

Sure its grand go down and meet them in the bookies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    What's an "all-island quarantine" when it's at home?

A quarantine covering an entire island. Ireland for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    A quarantine covering an entire island. Ireland for example.

So nobody allowed on the island?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Advertisement

Meeting the mother for a cup of tea in the bookies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    So nobody allowed on the island?

I was already being far too polite in responding to your last effort. Now you're taking the piss. Have you given up on the idea of discussion entirely? Is it just flinging custard pies and spin you're at? I know times are tough but keep it together man.

Do you think the government are right to ignore NPHET advice?
    Do you think an all Island quarantine is a good way to go, (quarantine restrictions covering the island) rather than the occupied portion of Ulster following different rules?

Suggested here and here.

Some concern here

smurgen wrote: »
    This doctor is doing serious fact checking of late.
    Great to see.

https://twitter.com/GabrielScally/status/1316404049500139522?s=19

I sincerely doubt the DUP would agree to a ban on GB travel to the North
    Thats where Dr Scallys comparison falls down
    Wales don't have a DUP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    I was already being far too polite in responding to your last effort. Now you're taking the piss. Have you given up on the idea of discussion entirely? Is it just flinging custard pies and spin you're at? I know times are tough but keep it together man.

Do you think the government are right to ignore NPHET advice?
    Do you think an all Island quarantine is a good way to go, (quarantine restrictions covering the island) rather than the occupied portion of Ulster following different rules?

Suggested here and here.

Some concern here

I see your point.
    Elite sports allowed still I think in both jurisdictions also, GAA is included in that.
    Now my county team, Longford, have a div 3 nfl fixture this weekend in Derry of all places?
    Division 3, nfl, Elite?
    2 gossons and an official man from my parish heading to that, all have to come home to mammy and daddy and wife and kids and head to work on Monday.
    Can anyone see any semblance of sense in allowing or making that fixture go ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Nobotty wrote: »
    Seriously the longer people dont listen or abide by the rules, the longer we have to live with these bans. Not picking on you specifically but I've had to miss meeting up friends/family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I see your point.
    Elite sports allowed still I think in both jurisdictions also, GAA is included in that.
    Now my county team, Longford, have a div 3 nfl fixture this weekend in Derry of all places?
    Division 3, nfl, Elite?
    2 gossons and an official man from my parish heading to that, all have to come home to mammy and daddy and wife and kids and head to work on Monday.
    Can anyone see any semblance of sense in allowing or making that fixture go ahead?

Didn't know they played GAA in Longford. Cute. :)

Didn't know they played GAA in Longford. Cute. :)

And they're Elite:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It would be a shame if the AI championships didn't go ahead this year.

Galway are a certainty for the hurling, and I was also quietly confident of the footballers reaching the football final. Probably a step too far this year for them to win it outright.

It would be a shame if the AI championships didn't go ahead this year.

Galway are a certainty for the hurling, and I was also quietly confident of the footballers reaching the football final. Probably a step too far this year for them to win it outright.

More chance of Bohs winning the LOI than Galway getting near the AL football final

The GAA do want they want, The AL will go ahead

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1014/1171603-fermanagh-fail-in-bid-to-postpone-league-match/

Fermanagh's request to the Central Competitions Control Committee (CCCC) to have a postponement of Sunday's league game against Clare in Ennis has failed.

RTÉ Sport tonight confirmed this development with the Fermanagh GAA board. The CCCC met last night and again this evening and decided against a deferral of the fixture.

The Erne County has sought a postponement on the basis of 10 players testing positive for coronavirus and a further seven panel members in isolation.

Many of those players will only emerge from self-isolation on the morning of the Clare game

These lads and Lassies that play GAA are for the most part ordinary working young people and they can't live in sports bubbles, this is an area imo that's being allowed to carry on and it's ridiculous.
    I highlighted my concerns re club matches even when they were allowed to go on, now caccelled but too late.
    GAA money grabbers putting finance before Health, certainly unnecessary activity as far as I'd be concerned.
    If they want these games to go ahead they should pay the participants and put them in bubbles, but that'd cost money so they won't do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1316406562148282374?s=19
    Nora has just said if the country went to Level 5 Public health advice would be sought but she said schools in Kildare, Laois and Offaly remained open when those counties were under restrictions and students continued to travel into and out of those counties for school.

These counties were under restrictions in August when Schools were closed.

How in the name of God is she still in the job?

Facepalm. Is she actually the minister, or is she just a front of house stooge?

Like in fairness, if you don't know when kids are in, or off from school, you'd have to wonder what in under jaysis she's doing there as the education minister, surely she went to school herself at some point?

What a feckin gobdaw.

I see your point.
    Division 3, nfl, Elite?

Last I heard the GAA has everything suspended except for training until further notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

These lads and Lassies that play GAA are for the most part ordinary working young people and they can't live in sports bubbles, this is an area imo that's being allowed to carry on and it's ridiculous.
    I highlighted my concerns re club matches even when they were allowed to go on, now caccelled but too late.
    GAA money grabbers putting finance before Health, certainly unnecessary activity as far as I'd be concerned.
    If they want these games to go ahead they should pay the participants and put them in bubbles, but that'd cost money so they won't do that!

Putting them in bubbles wont work. Iv a friend that won a final a few weeks ago and then had a house party afterwards. A HSE employee:D

McMurphy wrote: »
    Last I heard the GAA has everything suspended except for training until further notice.

U-17 Inter County Champ is starting this weekend. Inter County Senior League is starting this weekend.

Club teams are training away in pods of 15

U-17 Inter County Champ is starting this weekend. Inter County Senior League is starting this weekend.

Club teams are training away in pods of 15

When did it change?

This is the last I heard about it.

GAA club games suspended with immediate effect

That was on the fifth, has it changed already?

• Advertisement

When did it change?

Club games suspended. The money making County Champ is still going ahead

When did it change?

Nothings changed in 23 of the 26 counties
    Those games are not going ahead
    The training is allowed to continue (except now AFAIK in Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan)
    Only elite athletes training is allowed in the 3 level 4 counties if I understand last nights announcement correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Putting them in bubbles wont work. Iv a friend that won a final a few weeks ago and then had a house party afterwards. A HSE employee:D

Seems the to the standard carry on of these local teams that won. I know the team that won in my area had 3 house parties, a bbq at the club, a lock in and worst of all drinking from the cup. Now covid has ripped through the area with over 40 positive cases including the bar staff from the lockin and 5 of the team. It was fine in the early rounds but when it came to the finals this was always going to happen. :mad:

Club games suspended. The money making County Champ is still going ahead

Ah yeah, I could have sworn it applied across the board when I initially read that, my bad - guess the virus doesn't affect intercounty.

Ah yeah, I could have sworn it applied across the board when I initially read that, my bad - guess the virus doesn't affect intercounty.

Course it dosnt and then you read this https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1014/1171603-fermanagh-fail-in-bid-to-postpone-league-match/

The GAA dont care, these games will be played no matter what

I suppose looking at it, the buy in at intercounty is not the same a the local teams. There is less chance of a local community losing the run of themselves over an intercounty match than what has happened after the county finals.

Floppybits wrote: »
    I suppose looking at it, the buy in at intercounty is not the same a the local teams. There is less chance of a local community losing the run of themselves over an intercounty match than what has happened after the county finals.

Yeh it will be the whole county celebrating. You think if Mayo win the All Ireland, people will stay at home to celebrate with family only?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Yeh it will be the whole county celebrating. You think if Mayo win the All Ireland, people will stay at home to celebrate with family only?

At least we know it'll never happen LOL :D

Ah I see the flaw in my logic, I was looking at as a dub. :) Mayo won't win the All Ireland.

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »

Ah I see the flaw in my logic, I was looking at as a dub. :) Mayo won't win the All Ireland.

Ah I dont think they will myself, but any county who wins it, the county will be celebrating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement