Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,208 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That's Cormac O hEadhra off Colm Brophy's Christmas card list. Brophy did not like that one bit. Had a cut at RTE in the middle of it when O hEadhra mentioned Varadkar's 'secret' meeting with McEntee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

blanch152 wrote: »
    A great idea.

PUBLIC: Why are we having an election in the middle of a pandemic

OPPOSITION: Because we didn't like a judge

PUBLIC: Say what? We are risking ourselves gathering to vote because you didn't like a judge????

OPPOSITION: Yes

PUBLIC: And you want our vote now?

It is actually comical the posts on here, this is just another day of the opposition wasting the tax payers money. They have achieved nothing in the middle of a pandemic expect for a load of grand standing. Calling an election because of a judge, you couldn't actually make this stuff up. Also less than 12 months since SF ran for the hills when they thought they might have to go into governement
    What excuse would Mary Lou use this time? she has the sniffles. :p

Who are you trying to convince? the only poster who made any sense said it was a complete waste of time. Like everything the opposition has done of late.

Like Varadkar's confession of wrongdoing there is no need for a head to roll here for damage to be done.

Your efforts are valiant and touching SK, but this has been another ****show for the coalition. Absolutely trust sapping for even the most valiant defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Who are you trying to convince? the only poster who made any sense said it was a complete waste of time. Like everything the opposition has done of late.

Keep the blinkers on.

So how exactly have you lot come to the conclusion he is the most unlikable leader of the past 100 years?

Who said that. I actually like him there.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Keep the blinkers on.

I was working today, didn't watch anything. Just logged on here and was waiting for all of this. Read back I would suggest, you sound like you are all trying to convince each other it made a difference. At least one person who watched it told the truth. Nobody was interested and it was a waste of time.

I was working today, didn't watch anything. Just logged on here and was waiting for all of this. Read back I would suggest, you sound like you are all trying to convince each other it made a difference. At least one person who watched it told the truth. Nobody was interested and it was a waste of time.

Like you I too was working. Only home now.

Like Varadkar's confession of wrongdoing there is no need for a head to roll here for damage to be done.

Your efforts are valiant and touching SK, but this has been another ****show for the coalition. Absolutely trust sapping for even the most valiant defenders.

As I said, who are you trying to convince? the poster who spoke the truth said exactly what everyone else in Ireland is thinking. Another waste of the Dail time. Maybe the opposition might shut up now and let the government continue to work saving peoples lives. I know SF don't seem to care about people dying because of Covid but I think you will find the member of FF/FG/Green do.

As I said, who are you trying to convince? the poster who spoke the truth said exactly what everyone else in Ireland is thinking. Another waste of the Dail time. Maybe the opposition might shut up now and let the government continue to work saving peoples lives. I know SF don't seem to care about people dying because of Covid but I think you will find the member of FF/FG/Green do.
    You are concerned enough to be on a thread where people have been discussing it (2 busy threads actually) doing a Comical Ali nothing to see here act.

Say nothing if it isn't important to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

We learned LV put the fix in for Woulfe. We guessed as much, now we know. Also it brings home, albeit unrequired at this point, that FG engage in cronyism and FF/Greens are willing to allow it. If you're cool with the state being run in such a manner I can see why you may not be interested, (but interested enough to give it the 'nothing to see here' for some reason).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

If you follow political debates in the Dáil the discomfort was obvious, right down to Simon Harris twisting and turning in the background. Great to see.

I think it is downright disdain they have for each other
    Kennys anger was visibly genuine,especially in the look he gave when McEntee mentioned Vradakar saying woulfe would make a good judge
    Kenny is 100% right,no judge should be picked this way
    Kenny was looking almost father son like in a proud way at Carty in the row below him as he spoke

On a different note,who leaked Nphets advice today?
    If pubs and restaurants are takeaway only over Xmas,I'll not cry
    People didn't put enough effort in
    Not enough effort means no reward IMO

Not gone away you know. Spotlight moves onto #Leotheleaks according to 6.1

Good lord, FF guy just making a complete and utter mess of his interview on Drivetime. Chair of the Justice Committee, not sure of his name.

Good lord, FF guy just making a complete and utter mess of his interview on Drivetime. Chair of the Justice Committee, not sure of his name.

Major car crash govt for the last few months now. One fiasco after another. Don't know how they're gonna get some control on it because as it is they're just reacting to the opposition's call. MM is a fool.

Is it Jack Chambers?

Is it Jack Chambers?

James Lawless...absolutely shocking interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Major car crash govt for the last few months now. One fiasco after another. Don't know how they're gonna get some control on it because as it is they're just reacting to the opposition's call. MM is a fool.
    The Crony Coalition seems to be having one problem after another. It was a mistake for FF to go in with FG. FG was rejected by the electorate and it was only the Martin's overweening desire to be taoiseach that got FF into such a mess. Those FF backbencher knives must be really sharp by now. That grovelling shít Martin still refers to Leo The Leak as "taoiseach". It does show how far FF has fallen.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Doubt it, would say they are all doing impressions now of the muppets shouting and roaring.
    Of course it achieved nothing. Nobody is interested either, as I said a number of times shouting and roaring from SF and the rest grew tiresome months ago. Now its just noise
    It is actually comical the posts on here, this is just another day of the opposition wasting the tax payers money. They have achieved nothing in the middle of a pandemic expect for a load of grand standing. Calling an election because of a judge, you couldn't actually make this stuff up. Also less than 12 months since SF ran for the hills when they thought they might have to go into governement
    What excuse would Mary Lou use this time? she has the sniffles. :p

I am struggling to see what you are adding to this discussion to I decided to deconstruct your most recent contributions -It boils down to 'nothing to see here', 'stop talking about this', ' SF SF SF- dig at leader of SF' or to put it another way diddly squat in the way of actual counter arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Got the feeling that the rest of the world will be Covid free but we'll still be under restrictions for fear of an election

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    I am struggling to see what you are adding to this discussion to I decided to deconstruct your most recent contributions -It boils down to 'nothing to see here', 'stop talking about this', ' SF SF SF- dig at leader of SF' or to put it another way diddly squat in the way of actual counter arguments.

It's the FG art of deflection. We have the likes of SK on boards, Matt Cooper, Rte and TV3 get Barrett and Brophy.
    All singing from the same hymn sheet.

• Advertisement

Got the feeling that the rest of the world will be Covid free but we'll still be under restrictions for fear of an election

Yes who cares about people dying as long as we have a pointless election.

What will change with an election? as I pointed out before SF had no interest in creating a government and that was confirmed by independent TD's. So waste millions, potentially kills hundred if not thousands of people for SF to disappear as soon as the going get hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

It's the FG art of deflection. We have the likes of SK on boards, Matt Cooper, Rte and TV3 get Barrett and Brophy.
    All singing from the same hymn sheet.

Yet they haven't worked out it is counter productive.

FG's whole PR now seems to be 'Not SF ...who are very very bad for all of these decades old reasons...ps don't mention we were founded by actual Nazis...).

They nearly have me voting for SF just to wind them up - nearly but not quite as 'not FG' doesn't cut it for me when it comes to choosing., I prefer to look at actual policies and voting records (the latter being important when considering Greens/Labour).

Remember when FF had to be dragged into court to hold by-elections?

Regards...jmcc

Yes who cares about people dying as long as we have a pointless election.

What will change with an election? as I pointed out before SF had no interest in creating a government and that was confirmed by independent TD's. So waste millions, potentially kills hundred if not thousands of people for SF to disappear as soon as the going get hard.

That is your assessment.

The 'assessment' of somebody who has defended this government of chaos by handwaving away everything that has happened since it came together.

That is your assessment.

The 'assessment' of somebody who has defended this government of chaos by handwaving away everything that has happened since it came together.

Who has handwaved anything away? the opposite in fact and I have said the government are a shower of incompetent idiots. Plenty of times.

If the Covid restrictions are still in place by the time of the next GE, then there might be an unexpected problem for the Crony Coalition. The emigration valve has been shut so a lot of those who might have emigrated will be stuck here and might not be too pleased with FFG. FF and FG have always benefited from emigration.

Regards...jmcc

You are concerned enough to be on a thread where people have been discussing it (2 busy threads actually) doing a Comical Ali nothing to see here act.

Say nothing if it isn't important to you.

So you are telling people who can/can't post on thread now?

So you are telling people who can/can't post on thread now?

No, just wondering if it is no concern to you why you keep commenting on it.

I been highly impressed by the soc dems,worth a look imo
    Just Labour on tour. Same types who would have been Labour if Labour hadn't decided to go to the right. It even has two leaders.
    The greens wont have anyone to canvass,come next election....the descison to shaft left/youth members,who tradionally do the canvassing by eamonn ryan,will be taught in political.science course in years to come
    Perhaps political science courses and basket weaving courses will be cut in the next few years to pay for all this Covid PUP? A tragic loss?
    FF are dead in water,polling below 10% is essentially zero on transfers....they wont return.any multi canditates per comstituency at these figure
    That's the problem with believing those iffy polls. FF's main demographic don't use the Internet as much as the younger demographics. These online/telephone polls miss them and so they understate FF's support. When the first polls using face to face polling appeared in August/September, they showed FF's support around 20%. It is probably between 15% and 18% or so.
    I dont think SF or FG have enough quality to capitalise upon their figures,and days of blind party loyalty are gone....expect a lot of independants at next election imo
    There never really was blind party loyalty after the Civil War generation died off. Most GEs have been decided by the floating vote which is not party-aligned.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

No, just wondering if it is no concern to you why you keep commenting on it.

I responded to other posters, that is normally how a forum works.

Maybe discuss the topic instead of attacking poster on here because they dont agree with you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement