Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If that were the case they would all report at the same time, they certainly don't, if you are familiar with Twitter and the state broadcaster is rarely firstwith the news.

Blue Hugh, Gavin Reilly, Sean Lehane and a few others are normally relaying word for word on these announcements prior to them happening. Makes sense IMO, means you can just turn off when MM is about to open his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So the only thing to complain about tonight is how long before an announcement the leak was!!!!

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    And your contention is that 'shall firstly consider' means 'shall give preference to'?

I disagree.

The very bext section makes it clear what this 'recommendation' consists of, and the role of JAAB as a 'clearing house'.

Significantly - no where does it say the Minister shall give preference to those candidates whose names are put forward by JAAB which is what is being claimed. It says 'firstly' which is legalise for 'at the start'.

"firstly", so if approved all other nominations are moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    So the only thing to complain about tonight is how long before an announcement the leak was!!!!

Whose complaining? Said it myself I prefer to hear it from the news feeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Burying the lead Blanch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Bowie wrote: »
    Burying the lead Blanch.

He makes Comical Ali look amatuer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I would expect they give to news agencies so everyone gets updated at the same time, so radio etc have the updates. Not everyone can watch the 6 news, I watched the replay to see what it covered.

Ah yes, well then you will enjoy Playback on Radio 1 from 9am to 10am tomorrow. :D:p

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

"firstly", so if approved all other nominations are moot.

"firstly" means at the beginning, as in firstly we shall consider any applicants from this non-Judicial stream.

If it was the way you propose than non-judicial applicants proposed via JAAB would be automatically privileged over sitting members of the judiciary when it came to appointments.

One would expect to see a great many solicitors on the benches were that the case since apparently all they need is to conform to a not onerous criteria to be put forward as the preferred candidate with an automatic advantage over and sitting judge - yet that is not the case. Most Justices are former judges, It's almost like previous Ministers believed people with experience of trial/appeal work were better placed to get the job.

Burying the lead Blanch.

No material left, lads, you are comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,212 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

From the poster who has being saying this since June :)

Not to mention the handwaving that went n with the previous and interim government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

People flogging stories from 50 years ago ad nauseum on other threads bumping them late at night. New spin on old events micro scrutinizing the slightest bit of new info from churnalists. Back and forth same old same old takes with the same 2/3 posters using the same dusty slurs.
    However and actual relevant thread with real scandals being discussed by a current corrupt and incompetent coalition of chaos government and people are being called comical. Methinks some posters doth protest too much!

The topic was the leakage, not the time between the leak and the announcement :)

The topic was the leakage, not the time between the leak and the announcement :)

But, isn't that great, though, the only thing that people can find time to complain about is a leak of an announcement.

But, isn't that great, though, the only thing that people can find time to complain about is a leak of an announcement.

Its a comment on the leaks being so commonplace. Just because FG/Greens lowered their bar it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't comment or find it appalling.

Its a comment on the leaks being so commonplace. Just because FG/Greens lowered their bar it doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't comment or find it appalling.

As I said, nothing else to complain about shows up the paucity of the opposition.

Just checked the homeless numbers by the way, still on the downward path.

As I said, nothing else to complain about shows up the paucity of the opposition.

Just checked the homeless numbers by the way, still on the downward path.

Sorry Blanch, leaks being commonplace is a big deal. Its sad some shrug it off. Thats the Varadkar effect.

Yep. Never disputed. Nothing to do with 25 year leases ;)

Sorry Blanch, leaks being commonplace is a big deal. Its sad some shrug it off. Thats the Varadkar effect.

Yep. Never disputed. Nothing to do with 25 year leases ;)

Leaks have always been commonplace. Again, nothing much to complain about.

Leaks have always been commonplace. Again, nothing much to complain about.

So Leo told Peadar Tobin. He does it all the time.

So Leo told Peadar Tobin. He does it all the time.

I never realised you and Bowie were so dead against whistleblowing. One man's leak is another man's whistleblowing.

If you stop leaks, you stop whistleblowing.

But, maybe it is only good leaks that favour Sinn Fein you want to allow.

I never realised you and Bowie were so dead against whistleblowing. One man's leak is another man's whistleblowing.

Leo was whistleblowing when he wrongfully leaked a confidential document? That's a new one on me.

• Advertisement

There's a defined procedure to whistleblowing that although underdeveloped does exist. This was not whistleblowing this was cronyism. I think you've now lost your remaining credibility if it ever existed based upon how disingenuous this comment is. Time you were put on mute.

Leo was whistleblowing when he wrongfully leaked a confidential document? That's a new one on me.

There really is no bottom. Comparing Maurice McCabe to Varadkar is just astonishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Time to move on now....... nothing to see here.

The time for the recent arse-boxing is passed, Shamie can go to Louis Copeland and get measured up.

Moving on to level 3 .Vaccine on the way.

Hope the punters up North can do as well, hmmmm......

Break out the bottles of the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The time for the recent arse-boxing is passed, Shamie can go to Louis Copeland and get measured up.

What about this little mover on piece?
    There's certainly a cancer time bomb waiting down the line here and lives will be lost over this.
    It seems some have had to run to the north for diagnosis, not the other way around!
    Of course all other serious ailments will have met with the same kind of wall of incapacity to handle.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/patients-travelling-from-republic-to-north-for-cancer-diagnosis-39801748.html

Lots to see really. Leo Varadkar has be outed as Ireland's very own Donald Trump. Quid pro quos and politically appointed judges. Tantrum and attacking if experts in the mix too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

We don't have the lowest corporation tax in the EU. SF are proposing increasing the tax paid by multinationals - in 2019 these firms were responsible for 27% of all employment, 45% of all Income Tax receipts, and paid 79% of all Corporation Tax.

SF are proposing to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. Yet more nonsensical populism.

I always find it interesting whenever there's a discussion about Ireland's corporate tax regime people usually come out with facts about much of a percentage of of corporate tax is paid by multinationals, yet people seem to forget that we are also overly reliant on multinationals and that's bad policy.

smurgen wrote: »
    Lots to see really. Leo Varadkar has be outed as Ireland's very own Donald Trump. Quid pro quos and politically appointed judges. Tantrum and attacking if experts in the mix too.

Time to move on. What Irish people are really interested in is when wet pubs can open and the best news was that Santy has gotten clearance to visit Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Comparing leaking information to your friend at (his bequest) to that of exposing corruption within the states impartial police force is a new low blanch, you've finally found the bottom of your barrel bud.

Keep scraping.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,434 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I need a week off from the coalition of chaos. I mean they are priceless and this week was another hoot but jaysus it's relentless.

Can they maybe actually, if it's not too much bother, do some actual work and achieve something? Maybe some decent legislation?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

I need a week off from the coalition of chaos. I mean they are priceless and this week was another hoot but jaysus it's relentless.

Can they maybe actually, if it's not too much bother, do some actual work and achieve something? Maybe some decent legislation?

When the government spends the entire time answering idiotic questions from the opposite, or wasting a week on a no confidence vote which everyone knew was waste of time
    What will the opposition come up with this week? another bulls**t thing to get upset over so they can stop anyone doing any work.
    Who knows, I am sure something stupid will come up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement