Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit alarmed by the Red C vaccine poll? Government will need a major education campaign there ASAP.

Ireland Thinks / Mail on Sunday
    Q. Would you take a Covid-19 Vaccine?

% YES (By Party)
    GP: 91%
    LP: 89%
    FF: 83%
    FG: 81%
    SD: 73%
    S-PBP: 68%
    AON: 64%
    SF: 55%

28th November 2020
    Sample: 1,044

Just quoting as a reply to Bowie!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You got stats for that? Sounds made up.
    You realise many who gave SF a vote aren't 'shinners' right?

From the same opinion poll you have been celebrating, it seems that Sinn Fein are the anti-vaxxer party.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,215 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    From the same opinion poll you have been celebrating, it seems that Sinn Fein are the anti-vaxxer party.

Point us to an 'anti-vax' policy there will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I see 41% of French citizens indicated they would be reluctant or even refuse to be vaccinated if one were to become available.
    Interesting times ahead in the EU.

I'll take a vaccine but only 3 months after BB and Blanch have taken it and there are no side effects. ;)

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Well,I will take the vaccine when its available to me
    No Question
    It will protect at least me and my family then
    If others want to be irresponsible or daft ,let them at it
    It needs 60% take up for herd immunity and in Ireland it'll probably get that
    Same in the UK I'd say
    The bigger the number not taking it,the longer we have to put up with these rolling restrictions and people prepared to go along with that just madden me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Give it up. I don't think I've even mentioned it. Why do you feel the need to spin yarns and make stuff up?

If you keep slagging off people who voted SF don't be too surprised if these former FF/FG voters decide not to drift back ;)

Point us to an 'anti-vax' policy there will you?

That's not what I said.

What I said is that the opinion poll indicates that anti-vaxxers are most likely to vote Sinn Fein. It is not surprising since there are several of them in the parliamentary party.

That's not what I said.

What I said is that the opinion poll indicates that anti-vaxxers are most likely to vote Sinn Fein. It is not surprising since there are several of them in the parliamentary party.

Most likely?
    20% in FG and 17% in FF are likely to be ant-vax too.

Most likely?
    20% in FG and 17% in FF are likely to be ant-vax too.

So if FG were on 19% (let's be accurate) and SF on 45%, you would think the two were comparable, more or less the same?

How about this for accurate comment:

Anti-vaxxers are two-and-a-half times more likely to vote for Sinn Fein than Fine Gael, making Sinn Fein the party of anti-vaxxers.

So if FG were on 19% (let's be accurate) and SF on 45%, you would think the two were comparable, more or less the same?

Anti-vaxxers are two-and-a-half times more likely to vote for Sinn Fein than Fine Gael, making Sinn Fein the party of anti-vaxxers.

Yes, all parties seem to have a problem with this. None of them have anti-vax policies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Weird take so if less fine Gael supporters support removing Seamus Woulfe can we conclude that Fine Gael are the party of Kangaroo courts?

smurgen wrote: »
    Weird take so if less fine Gael supporters support removing Seamus Woulfe can we conclude that Fine Gael are the party of Kangaroo courts?

Well we know they're a party of having Coveney as the leader. Seems they put their man in regardless, goes for Woulfe and Varadkar.

Yes, all parties seem to have a problem with this. None of them have anti-vax policies.

All parties? Get up the yard, there was one party clearly different from the rest, as usual.

#notanormalparty

All parties? Get up the yard, there was one party clearly different from the rest, as usual.

#notanormalparty

We know FF/FG members did/(do?).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

markodaly wrote: »
    As I said, not surprised SF voters are nearly 50% anti-vax.
    You got stats for that? Sounds made up.
    You realise many who gave SF a vote aren't 'shinners' right?
    Just quoting as a reply to Bowie!
    The results in the poll are only for anyone that answered yes. That does not make the rest of them anti-vaxxers. Not by a long shot.
    They may be all for Rubella, Measles etc.. vaccines, but may be unsure or just worried/waiting for more information about any vaccines that were pushed through in 8 months or less.

Also, no idea how many members there are of Sinn Fein or Fine Gael, but if there are roughly 14,000 SF members vs roughly 30,000 FG members, that would mean roughly the same amount of people on both sides didn't say yes to that question.
    Are they all anti-vaxxers?

Suckit wrote: »
    The results in the poll are only for anyone that answered yes. That does not make the rest of them anti-vaxxers. Not by a long shot.
    They may be all for Rubella, Measles etc.. vaccines, but may be unsure or just worried/waiting for more information about any vaccines that were pushed through in 8 months or less.

Also, no idea how many members there are of Sinn Fein or Fine Gael, but if there are roughly 14,000 SF members vs roughly 30,000 FG members, that would mean roughly the same amount of people on both sides didn't say yes to that question.
    Are they all anti-vaxxers?

The voters for the normal political parties had over 80% willing to take the vaccine. The voters for Sinn Fein had less than 50%.

It was based on voters, not members, with the difference between FG and SF being within the margin of error, so that is nonsense you are spouting about roughly the same amount of people on both sides, complete nonsense.

There is a difference, no matter how you try to frame it.

#notanormalparty

The voters for the normal political parties had over 80% willing to take the vaccine. The voters for Sinn Fein had less than 50%.

It was based on voters, not members, with the difference between FG and SF being within the margin of error, so that is nonsense you are spouting about roughly the same amount of people on both sides, complete nonsense.

#notanormalparty
    How do you know it was based on voters?

https://twitter.com/NextIrishGE/status/1332852770920132610
    If it was conducted online to the public, then it is 100% innacurate anyway.
    Not that it matters one single iota though, as already mentioned, it at best only shows people that didn't say yes.
    Interestingly enough the Rec C polls puts FG at 61% that the vaccine should be compulsory to take. Would love to see how that works out.
    eytHIe7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,436 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Ah stop lads, I have no doubt in my mind that SF voters would score lower than the rest on whether they would take the vaccine.
    Why? Who knows...anti-establishment, trust issues, rebel blood whatever. I have no doubt that the numbers above are reflective of reality.

Shock horror - this post is from an anti-FFG poster which automatically makes me a Shinnerbot in simple minds....

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Ah stop lads, I have no doubt in my mind that SF voters would score lower than the rest on whether they would take the vaccine.
    Why? Who knows...anti-establishment, trust issues, rebel blood whatever. I have no doubt that the numbers above are reflective of reality.

Shock horror - this post is from an anti-FFG poster which automatically makes me a Shinnerbot in simple minds....
    That may be, but the FG Bluebots, are very obvious when they are trying to tar a group or party with something when it suits their agenda, regardless of whether or not it is true. They are like a bunch of spoiled children, that would tantrum when not getting their way.
    Far right = SF.
    Anti Vaxxers = SF. etc.
    I'm surprised that they haven't yet set up a dedicated paid position (no doubt filled by another FG members son/daughter/nephew/niece) to come up with this tripe.

#FGcronyparty

#notanormalparty

Why do FG'ers constantly try to dehumanise people who didn't vote for them in the last election? That's who we are talking about here. Many who voted SF/PBP/SD etc. would have voted FF/FG at one time or another and may do again.
    It's very disturbing the attitude from FG supporters. Voters float, we know this. Even if you have issue with SF have some respect for the electorate. Have some decency.

• Advertisement

Why do FG'ers constantly try to dehumanise people who didn't vote for them in the last election? That's who we are talking about here. Many who voted SF/PBP/SD etc. would have voted FF/FG at one time or another and may do again.
    It's very disturbing the attitude from FG supporters. Voters float, we know this. Even if you have issue with SF have some respect for the electorate. Have some decency.

Just because Sinn Fein are not a normal political party doesn't mean I am dehumanising their voters. There is a vacuum in logic there.

Many of the Sinn Fein voters do not realise what Sinn Fein are, don't have a full understanding of what they are or are too angry about something else to realise what they are actually voting for. That is how fascist parties achieved voter success in the 1930s. I am neither dehumanising Germans who voted for the Nazis in 1932 or Irish people who voted for Sinn Fein in 2020.

Not going to apologise or back down for pointing out what Sinn Fein are.

#notanormalparty

Just because Sinn Fein are not a normal political party doesn't mean I am dehumanising their voters. There is a vacuum in logic there.

Many of the Sinn Fein voters do not realise what Sinn Fein are, don't have a full understanding of what they are or are too angry about something else to realise what they are actually voting for. That is how fascist parties achieved voter success in the 1930s. I am neither dehumanising Germans who voted for the Nazis in 1932 or Irish people who voted for Sinn Fein in 2020.

#notanormalparty

Gets called out dehumanising, switches to patronising.

#notanormalparty

You have issues with anyone who gave SF a vote. This is the premise of your anti-vaxxer line at present.

Now you are calling SF voters ill informed/stupid.
    And you go on to compare them to the people supported the Nazi's.
    Do you not see how far off the reservation you have gone here?
    You equated Varadkar leaking a confidential document to a pal with whistleblowers the other day.
    Fact is people who gave SF a vote would have voted FF/FG at one time and may do again. In short you are talking ****e here.
    Normal every day people vote for most parties at one time or another. That's a fact. I know FG got their arse handed to them last time but get over it. Could easily go the other way next time.
    The irony of a blueshirt using Nazis as a lesson isn't lost on me by the way.

Does a normal party 'look after our own', dodge a tax for 9 years, (until caught), leak a confidential document to a pal and shrug it off, bring in covid restrictions then go on a golf piss up, give a pal a nice judiciary position?

#notanormalparty

Wasn't it the FG's who took their lead from the Nazi party? Trying to place FG's history onto another party now with pathetic attempt at patronising their voters too.
    And you think it is another party's voters that don't understand or realise, when the reality is either you are unaware of the Hoch O’Duffy, or don't have a full understanding of what the times were like when the blueshirts were formed. It was driven by anger.

smurgen wrote: »

We're all in this together.

We're all in this together.

Some hero's wear capes I'm told. If only they could pay bills with claps.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Them student Nurses should have became unelected Junior Ministers or unelected Judges. None of them pesky degrees needed.

Fair play to Josepha.

Staying late to punch down on those frontline workers.

https://twitter.com/josephamadigan/status/1334248419406254083?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Another shameful vote against the people of this country, this time student nurses. What have this government actually voted for in the interests of the people. Voted against minimum wage,rent freezes etc. The same **** all the time Ff ,fg, greens against the rest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement