Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Ah I dont think they will myself, but any county who wins it, the county will be celebrating

But nowhere is open and now there can be no gatherings in houses so it is probably a good time to play it. Maybe GAA should televise all the games on terrestrial tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭PommieBast

smurgen wrote: »
    Looks like we're at level 3.5
    The whole levels system is now a complete joke. I wonder how much they spaffed printing and posting the National Framework poster..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yeh it will be the whole county celebrating. You think if Mayo win the All Ireland, people will stay at home to celebrate with family only?

I had you down as a fantasist, thanks for proving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/tds-given-severe-rebuke-over-failing-to-comply-with-covid-rules-39628533.html?utm_source=xtremepush&utm_medium=webpush&utm_campaign=TDs+given+%E2%80%98severe+rebuke%E2%80%99+over+failing+to+comply+with+Covid+rules+%28xtremepush+%2343671328%29&utm_term=notification+%23%7B%7Bunique_id%7D%7D&utm_content=A

TDs have been given a “severe rebuke” for failing to comply with Covid-19 guidelines and rules and, in some instances, abusing compliance staff in Leinster House and the Convention Centre.

A private meeting of the Dáil’s business committee heard what was described as a “damning” briefing from an Oireachtas’s director of compliance on Wednesday on the poor level of adherence to rules like social distancing and wearing masks in parliament.

The official specifically cited a picture published in Wednesday’s newspapers of Ministers Paschal Donohoe and Michael McGrath ascending the Convention Centre escalator ahead of their Budget day speeches without wearing face coverings.

Read More
    'A very very small window in this watershed moment' to prevent further Covid-19 restrictions - Simon Harris
    'It's heartbreaking and hard to take' - Irish couple forced to postpone wedding three times due to Covid restrictions
    Ryanair to close Cork and Shannon bases for the winter
    Instances such as people moving furniture that was spaced out for social distancing and failing to keep two-metres apart were also raised in a report that was delivered verbally to the business committee on Wednesday.

The official specifically raised serious concerns about a lack of mask wearing, poor social distancing by groups of TDs within Leinster House and the movement of furniture in the Dáil canteen.

The Oireachtas have also received complaints from staff in the Dublin Convention Centre over TDs failing to comply with Covid regulations. Leinster House Covid-19 compliance officers have said they have been met with resistance from some TD when they have asked them to adhere to the regulations.

“They haven’t been met with best cooperation,” a source said. “There have been examples of people meeting in groups and not standing part and when they have been asked to maintain a social distancing they have laughed at the suggestion."

Although he did not cite any specific examples, sources said the official told TDs that in some instances compliance staff were being abused by Oireachtas members when they were being asked to social distance, not move furniture, or comply with other Covid guidelines.

“It was a pretty blunt report that people weren't complying,” a second committee source said. “This was a pretty severe rebuke.”

A third committee source said the warning was “inevitable” and that some members were being “flippant” in their approach to the rules and guidelines.

“I don't know who this guy was but he takes it seriously and he's right like,” they said. “It's a widespread problem in the two chambers, committees, the lot. There are plenty of people complying and complying well but plenty not as well.”

A fourth source said TDs were given a “very sharp reprimand” by the senior Oireachtas official over the lack of compliance with Covid-19 rules by some elected members.

“TDs would have get a fail grade if they were being marked for mask wearing and social distancing,” the source said.

A political staff member is also understood to have raised concerns about poor compliance with social distancing rules in Leinster House.

The matter is expected to be raised directly with all TDs and senators. Ceann Comhairle Seán Ó Fearghaíl may also address the Dáil chamber on the issue.

Our TDs think they can tell people what rules to do but not do them themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Sure as we know from golfgate that the Covid rules don't apply to them. Politicians are probably immune anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

We've known that for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Why is Eamon Ryan silent about the airports in Cork and Shannon ?
    Is he not the Minister for Transport or was that just a bad dream that I had ?

Scoondal wrote: »

Do you expect him to keep flying empty planes? Not very green, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Don't mention Eamon Ryan and dream in the same post or you'll have the green police coming in here going out stink. The man was not sleeping, he was only resting his eyes.

Do you expect him to keep flying empty planes? Not very green, is it?

No, I don't want empty planes to be flying. I want full planes to be flying. We live on a small island on the western fringe of Europe.
    I asked why will the Irish Minister of Transport not answer questions on radio stations about Cork and Shannon airports.

• Advertisement

Cases on the increase again. FF/FG/Greens have let this happen by going against NHEPT's advice

No, I don't want empty planes to be flying. I want full planes to be flying. We live on a small island on the western fringe of Europe.
    I asked why will the Irish Minister of Transport not answer questions on radio stations about Cork and Shannon airports.

Why should he? He cannot MAKE people travel if they don’t want to! They’re being responsible by not flying at the moment.

Why should he? He cannot MAKE people travel if they don’t want to! They’re being responsible by not flying at the moment.

While our TDs don't adhere to rules in the Dáil as was pointed out today.

Do as we say not what we do.

Good job keeping people from each others homes after that coming out

So surprise surprise Dublins getting worse. Then ****ing Shinners

My boss has told me that I have no work for the next 3 weeks. I re-started after a 6 month layoff in September. Worked 4 weeks. Now off again.
    I get the EWSS. But I feel sorry for my boss. Rather than managing his business, he is spending his time applying for grants, employee subsidies and with no future planning possible.
    Why would any business owner want to keep going ?

While our TDs don't adhere to rules in the Dáil as was pointed out today.

Do as we say not what we do.

Good job keeping people from each others homes after that coming out

I don’t spend all day on the internet so don’t know what you mean.

Jazus, Tis a wonder that they’re not all struck down with Covid! A lot of “He said, she said” and little substance. So many sources but no names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Occasionally, just occasionally mind, it's okay to speak on a topic without going to bat for the minister in question. Chap's wondering about air travel and what's the transport minister's take I imagine.

Jazus, Tis a wonder that they’re not all struck down with Covid! A lot of “He said, she said” and little substance. So many sources but no names.

Nothing to see here.

What do you make of Leo breaking Dáil rules and leaking the budget before it was announced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A very concerned NPHET have sent a recommendation to the government but won't say what it was.

If only somebody would leak it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A very concerned NPHET have sent a recommendation to the government but won't say what it was.

If only somebody would leak it.

https://twitter.com/pdiddler4/status/1316749149447094273?s=19

This ff/fg/gn government is now advising us not to visit granny's house. But we can all go to the shopping centre to buy more stuff that we don't need.
    Idiots.

This ff/fg/gn government is now advising us not to visit granny's house. But we can all go to the shopping centre to buy more stuff that we don't need.
    Idiots.

You can also meet your granny down the bookies if you fancy a chat

Idiots.

Indeed. Idiots going to shopping centres, risking their lives to waste money on something that they don’t need. Idiots.

How many stories does anyone want at this stage? It is cruel and disgusting.
    I have seen the horrible side of Irish society.
    I will never forget what this country has done to my family.
    I won't forget the abuse that I have received for stating my opinion.

Indeed. Idiots going to shopping centres, risking their lives to waste money on something that they don’t need. Idiots.

Do you feel everything should be opened and all left up to personal responsibility?
    you seem to be saying what is or isn't open doesn't come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    Do you feel everything should be opened and all left up to personal responsibility?
    you seem to be saying what is or isn't open doesn't come into it.

In fairness its a damn sorry state if you have to put a half million + people out of work to get people to cop on.

And still allow GAA to continue.

• Advertisement

In fairness its a damn sorry state if you have to put a half million + people out of work to get people to cop on.

And still allow GAA to continue.

I was wondering what Maryann thought. She has mentioned before how it's down to personal responsibility, even if it's a meat factory with a covid cluster. So why close anything?

I agree with you but people need to be policed. If a chipper was making people sick with food poisoning it would be closed. Should it be left open in a buyer beware, personal responsibility scenario? Of course not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement