Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Maybe read the thread before throwing around accusation. Post #3323
    I 100% support the nurses and any poltician that I talk to I will always put a case forward for increased pay, especially in a time like this. So maybe you can retract that statement please?
    Not sure who "your team" refers to either?

I will not. You're playing at Harris. Claim to support on the one hand, knock them on the other.
    It's the ongoing theme we see from government, it's not that they are doing anything wrong, it's that anyone being critical is either biased or stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

This time last year 95% of INMO nurses and midwives balloted to go on strike.
    They did so around the election in February.
    On Feb 7th he said 'Hospitals will become dangerous and a risk to patients if nurses continue with their strike action'.
    Harris was absolutely clueless at the time.
    His tenure as minister for health was an utter failure.

The fact Harris and Leo moved the Children Hospital away from Blanchardstown was always going to end up in a disaster. It went downhill from then till they got removed

Bowie wrote: »
    I will not. You're playing at Harris. Claim to support on the one hand, knock them on the other.
    It's the ongoing theme we see from government, it's not that they are doing anything wrong, it's that anyone giving out is either biased or stupid.

So you won't retract a lie?

So you won't retract a lie?

What lie? You claim to support the nurses then criticise their demands. Pointing it out isn't lying.

What lie? You claim to support the nurses then criticise their demands. Pointing it out isn't lying.

I support the nurses. The discussion is about student nurses. Two completely differnet topics. Are you saying the nurses who actually do the job day in day out do not deserve a pay rise? I certainly do and as I said I fully support them.
    Are you incapable of distinguishing between a fully qualified nurse and a student nurse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

This time last year 95% of INMO nurses and midwives balloted to go on strike.
    They did so around the election in February.
    On Feb 7th he said 'Hospitals will become dangerous and a risk to patients if nurses continue with their strike action'.
    Harris was absolutely clueless at the time.
    His tenure as minister for health was an utter failure.

This sums his role up tbh.

https://twitter.com/realJosiahBurke/status/1253038640063807489?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Are you incapable of distinguishing between a fully qualified nurse and a student nurse?

One is near and the other is far away when the wage clerk comes around? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

One is near and the other is far away when the wage clerk comes around? :)

Even after Simon says "To expect students to enter that area without pay, it’s unrealistic and unfair"

They vote against it

And the usual Fanboys all out batting for the Govt.

A Govt that can do no wrong in their eyes, housing crisis, hospital crisis, schools crisis, meat factory crisis...Sure its not our fault lads, we have only been doing this stuff the last century

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

A Govt that can do no wrong in their eyes, housing crisis, hospital crisis, schools crisis, meat factory crisis...Sure its not our fault lads, we have only been doing this stuff the last century

Not forgetting leaking confidential documents to their mates, appointing cronys to high positions, awarding the 3 super junior ministers 16k extra and themselves getting a couple of pay rises. They don't a rats arse about the country, all they care about is lining their own pockets and the pockets of those the owe favours too.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Not forgetting leaking confidential documents to their mates, appointing cronys to high positions, awarding the 3 super junior ministers 16k extra and themselves getting a couple of pay rises. They don't a rats arse about the country, all they care about is lining their own pockets and the pockets of those the owe favours too.

Thats the real issue. What will be uncovered when SF do finally get into Govt.

• Advertisement

Thats the real issue. What will be uncovered when SF do finally get into Govt.

It won't matter then because the politicians responsible will have sailed off in to the sunset and FG who maybe the only party left after this government ends will just shrug their shoulders and say they are no longer in the party. Hopefully FF and the Greens will no longer exist.

I support the nurses. The discussion is about student nurses. Two completely differnet topics. Are you saying the nurses who actually do the job day in day out do not deserve a pay rise? I certainly do and as I said I fully support them.

We are talking about the vote regarding payment to student nurses, many working in frontline covid positions.
    You are making the distinction of allegedly supporting nurses, but not student nurses. You are critical of student nurses.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We are talking about the vote regarding payment to student nurses, many working in frontline covid positions.
    You are making the distinction of allegedly supporting nurses, but not student nurses. You are critical of student nurses.

Those who are actually working in frontline covid positions, as healthcare assistants, are getting paid.

Those who aren't, aren't.

Those who are students on work placements are being treated as all student nurses on placement do. Ditto student teachers on placement etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

The young people of Ireland should never forget this. Millions being handed out to consultancy firms for reports when they could have paid the student nurses a few quid for their hard work over the past few months. Things like this will never change while we have parties who feather their nests with money from capitalists who are interested in preserving the status quo.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Those who are actually working in frontline covid positions, as healthcare assistants, are getting paid.

Those who are students on work placements are being treated as all student nurses on placement do. Ditto student teachers on placement etc.

We know this. Not sure what point you're making. The students, often working with Covid, want paying. And IMO deserve paying.

blanch152 wrote: »

Well we should all refuse to do the work we were doing, as this is not the type of work we do on placement. We are working 12/13 hour shifts doing the jobs the HCA's do

We know this. Not sure what point you're making. The students, often working with Covid, want paying. And IMO deserve paying.

Defending the Govt with every msg, well when hes not talking about his fav topic SF

You are stumbling along as usual making very little sense but it is just everything the government do is wrong. As I said the nurses deserve a pay rise. The student nurses got paid during the crisis. This did not have to be done but was done. Over 900 people in hospital was a crisis.
    As per the news now we have less than 300 in hospital. That is not a crisis. Plus we know the numbers are right as it is the Republic. So they have stopping paying the student nurses. Exactly as was said before
    No idea what the confusion here is apart from the usual stupid anti government dribble on here everyday.

If any money is available for the HSE that should be used to pay the nurses who are the people who deserve it. They have already qualified while not been paid and now working to keep people alive.
    Do you not think so?

Funny I didn't see as many posts about the number of deaths in the North been hidden?

You are stumbling along as usual making very little sense but it is just everything the government do is wrong. As I said the nurses deserve a pay rise. The student nurses got paid during the crisis. This did not have to be done but was done. Over 900 people in hospital was a crisis.
    As per the news now we have less than 300 in hospital. That is not a crisis. Plus we know the numbers are right as it is the Republic. So they have stopping paying the student nurses. Exactly as was said before
    No idea what the confusion here is apart from the usual stupid anti government dribble on here everyday.

If any money is available for the HSE that should be used to pay the nurses who are the people who deserve it. They have already qualified while not been paid and now working to keep people alive.
    Do you not think so?

Funny I didn't see as many posts about the number of deaths in the North been hidden?

You know full well. So you're playing ignorant?
    As I said, you allegedly support nurses, but not paying student nurses.

I don't live in the north and unlike yourself, wouldn't be the type to make regular efforts to score political points off of people getting sick or dying.

You know full well. So you're playing ignorant?
    As I said, you allegedly support nurses, but not paying student nurses.

I don't live in the north and unlike yourself, wouldn't be the type to make regular efforts to score political points off of people getting sick or dying.

I am still struggling to work out what you lot are going on about political points? does boards have a scoring system or something I am unaware of?
    Did you ask a nurse ever what they would like? if they would prefer student nurses to get money? or the nurse who is doing all the work to get some more money?
    I already know the answer so don't bother making up another lie.

• Advertisement

I am still struggling to work out what you lot are going on about political points? does boards have a scoring system or something I am unaware of?
    Did you ask a nurse ever what they would like? if they would prefer student nurses to get money? or the nurse who is doing all the work to get some more money?

There was a vote last night. Government voted against paying student nurses. You following? That's what we were talking about.
    Why is it an either or? Trying to keep money for essentials like Josepha's social media guru or a lad with a long stick to poke Eamo awake?

So, what is the answer?
    It seems you don't understand what the word 'lie' means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Why are you framing this like a zero sum game?

elefant wrote: »
    Why are you framing this like a zero sum game?

What is a zero sum game?

There was a vote last night. Government voted against paying student nurses. You following? That's what we were talking about.
    Why is it an either or? Trying to keep money for essentials like Josepha's social media guru or a lad with a long stick to poke Eamo awake?

So, what is the answer?
    It seems you don't understand what the word 'lie' means.

Bit pathetic the best you can come up with a TD following the guidelines and hiring people exactly as she is supposed to.

What about the SF TD who lives in Dublin but made statement saying he needed full expenses? the same TD who posted all over twitter saying he was soooooo upset about getting offered a payrise.

I already gave the answer, maybe you missed it while throwing accusation and lies about posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

What is a zero sum game?

In this case, that student nurses getting paid means that qualified nurses must get nothing. These aren't competing interests.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,219 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

There was a senior nurse on Joe Duffy lambasting the government over this today.

Bit pathetic the best you can come up with a TD following the guidelines and hiring people exactly as she is supposed to.

What about the SF TD who lives in Dublin but made statement saying he needed full expenses? the same TD who posted all over twitter saying he was soooooo upset about getting offered a payrise.

I already gave the answer, maybe you missed it while throwing accusation and lies about posters.

What do you think is happening here? I commenting on the most recent spend on something not deemed an essential IMO. She doesn't have to though. Sure what's another member to the tax payer funded entourage I suppose.

So some TD took expenses due? If you've issue have your local TD lobbied to change it.

What lies about who? I think you're confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

There's some serious bluffers in here tonight. At least all front line workers got a clap.

https://twitter.com/soundmigration/status/1334575968825069569?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

What are student nurses living on?
    Do they get a grant like other students?
    They should be paid for the hours they do in the hospitals but for those that qualify for a grant would they lose that?
    The hours in hospitals is part of their course but its saving the state a fortune
    The difference should at least be split

• Advertisement

Nobotty wrote: »
    What are student nurses living on?
    Do they get a grant like other students?
    They should be paid for the hours they do in the hospitals but for those that qualify for a grant would they lose that?
    The hours in hospitals is part of their course but its saving the state a fortune
    The difference should at least be split

The issue here is the Student nurses use to supplement their income by working part time in nursing homes. This allowed them then to do the training they needed to do in the hospital. But with Covid they can no longer take these part time jobs due to the risk of cross contamination. So now they have no income at all.

To me it is only fair and proper that if they can no longer work these other part time jobs during this time that they should be paid for working in the hospitals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement