Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

smurgen wrote: »

Was he ever taken serious in the first place. He is taking a serious hammering tonight on twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

The lack of the usual defenders tonight show that they know its wrong, everybody. Knows its wrong

The shambles of a performance by Eamon and that Govt TD on the Tonight Show sums it up

U Turn next week on the cards, how many that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The lack of the usual defenders tonight show that they know its wrong, everybody. Knows its wrong

The shambles of a performance by Eamon and that Govt TD on the Tonight Show sums it up

U Turn next week on the cards, how many that now
    ?

13 including Barry Cowens one away from a checkpoint cos he'd a bellyful of porter in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

U Turn next week on the cards, how many that now?

You only arrived in here yesterday, what do you know about usual defenders?

• Advertisement

Floppybits wrote: »
    Was he ever taken serious in the first place. He is taking a serious hammering tonight on twitter

He is still on Twitter, unlike some others who ran away.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »

Himself and Eoghan were locked away for the election campaign - too toxic. He'll be getting reigned sharpish...to bring down one government is bad enough but to bring down two would be unforgiveable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Did yer man Andrew Ralph ever appear back on Twitter blanch?

https://twitter.com/ruillebuille/status/1261042828655788032?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »
    Did yer man Andrew Ralph ever appear back on Twitter blanch?

https://twitter.com/ruillebuille/status/1261042828655788032?s=19

Was he an elected TD who ran away from social media when the focus turned on him?

Was he an elected TD who ran away from social media when the focus turned on him?

You never came back to earlier posts. Questions to be answered. Running away eh :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

You only arrived in here yesterday, what do you know about usual defenders?

It's only took a day.and can spot yas already. as your a green voter I'm surprised at you defence of all this

Remember Leo said, he wants to look after the people who get up early

I'm away to 'placement' as a student nurse here in St James

You keep defending the lads who pay you to be here while they won't give us a penny

They even leaked yas are at it

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

That ralph fella is some feckin clown and also employed by the great Regina Doherty at pieta. I'd have sacked him alone for those comments. FG are in a great place with people like him coming through the ranks. Right Wing Nutjobs, the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

elefant wrote: »
    In this case, that student nurses getting paid means that qualified nurses must get nothing. These aren't competing interests.

I know a few people on here struggle with maths but yes they are, everything is. It's called a budget, happens every year and I know SF supporters think the country has a magic money tree but we don't. The tax payer funds it all.

Tax payers also fund the people sitting on the socail all day every day doing nothing but crying about the government and expecting a Christmas bonus.
    I did see a good post online, since everyone is so upset about this, cancel the Christmas bonus for the unemployed people, give the money to the student nurses.
    I hope the government does that, lets see the reaction then.

It's only took a day.and can spot yas already. as your a green voter I'm surprised at you defence of all this

Remember Leo said, he wants to look after the people who get up early

I'm away to 'placement' as a student nurse here in St James

You keep defending the lads who pay you to be here while they won't give us a penny

They even leaked yas are at it

:p yes student nurse, what ward are you on?
    What do you think about moving the Christmas bonus from unemployed and giving it to help the student nurses then? balance the books.

:p ye sstudent nurse
    What do you think about moving the Christmas bonus from unemployed and giving it to help the student nurses then? balance the books.

What about politicians across the country (from local to top level) working every second month for free until the crisis is over? We are all in this together after all and I am sure they are embarrassed having to take their 3 pay rises (or how ever many it is now)

What about politicians across the country (from local to top level) working every second month for free until the crisis is over? We are all in this together after all and I am sure they are embarrassed having to take their 3 pay rises (or how ever many it is now)

Yes because TD's paying mortgages/childcare etc should go bankrupt while they are working around the clock. What the next great idea from the mob?
    Why do unempoyed need a christmas bonus? I am sure little Anto in Dublin can do without a scrambler bike this year.

You don't seem to be concerned at all about SF TD's claiming dodgy expenses? I wonder why that is

Yes because TD's paying mortgages/childcare etc should go bankrupt while they are working around the clock. What the next great idea from the mob?
    Why do unempoyed need a christmas bonus? I am sure little Anto in Dublin can do without a scrambler bike this year.

You don't seem to be concerned at all about SF TD's claiming dodgy expenses? I wonder why that is

The snobbery off this is astounding.you should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Haven't read the whole thread, but is anyone actually defending not paying the nurses?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

votecounts wrote:
    Haven't read the whole thread, but is anyone actually defending not paying the nurses?

Oh I'm sure there's the odd ******** out there that is

mod lets refrain from petty namecalling please.

votecounts wrote: »

No most people including myself are saying to pay the nurses. Extra if possible
    The student nurses as the crisis is over then no unless we can find somewhere else in budget to pay for it.
    The Christmas bonus for unemployed seems a good place to find the monye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

No most people including myself are saying to pay the nurses. Extra if possible The student nurses as the crisis is over then no unless we can find somewhere else in budget to pay for it. The Christmas bonus for unemployed seems a good place to find the monye

Funnily enough, you 'll find most of the Christmas bonus, if not all of it, would be spent, which is good for the economy, no Christmas bonus would in fact be bad for it

As they say...give a man enough rope. :rolleyes:

P.S. If ANYONE be it in SF or anyone else is claiming 'dodgy expenses' or is trying to fleece the system they should face whatever penalty when caught.

The student nurses as the crisis is over then no unless we can find somewhere else in budget to pay for it.

Have NPHET been told the 'crisis is over'?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Really? when did the crisis end and if it did why are we still in lockdown?

Why is Prof Philip Nolan predicting the R number to go up along with cases in January if the crisis is over?

A good starting point to raise money for student nurse would've been TD's foregoing their three or so pay rises they got since the pandemic began - the optics of this do not look good at all and of course Dopey Ryan will do what his two bosses tell him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I know a few people on here struggle with maths but yes they are, everything is. It's called a budget, happens every year and I know SF supporters think the country has a magic money tree but we don't. The tax payer funds it all.

So, everything is a competing interest, and you have managed to reduce the entirety of Ireland's public expenditure down to Qualified Nurses vs Student Nurses. I'd be interested to know who you think Super Junior Ministers are competing against in their salary hunger games?

And it seems you're insinuating it, but I'm very far from a Sinn Fein supporter. I don't see this as a party specific issue at all. I just strongly believe that student nurses are putting in massive amounts of work to keep the Irish health system functioning, and it's a shame that politicians will tweet their immense gratitude to them for political capital but won't back it up where it counts.

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Funnily enough, you 'll find most of the Christmas bonus, if not all of it, would be spent, which is good for the economy, no Christmas bonus would in fact be bad for it

I shouldn't bite but I will. So if you give the Christmas money to the student nurses it won't be spent, and won't be good for the economy? Maybe you could explain that one please

I shouldn't bite but I will. So if you give the Christmas money to the student nurses it won't be spent, and won't be good for the economy? Maybe you could explain that one please

A reasonable caring society in need of finding extra cash to share around would take it first from those who can afford it. TD's can afford it more than those in need of welfare.

Why are you so determined to hit those least able to pay in order to pay those most in need and deserving?

elefant wrote: »
    So, everything is a competing interest, and you have managed to reduce the entirety of Ireland's public expenditure down to Qualified Nurses vs Student Nurses. I'd be interested to know who you think Super Junior Ministers are competing against in their salary hunger games?

And it seems you're insinuating it, but I'm very far from a Sinn Fein supporter. I don't see this as a party specific issue at all. I just strongly believe that student nurses are putting in massive amounts of work to keep the Irish health system functioning, and it's a shame that politicians will tweet their immense gratitude to them for political capital but won't back it up where it counts.

This saying always comes to me when I hear someone say they are not SF. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

The student nurses got paid. Maybe you missed that bit. The numbers have gone from over 900 to less than 300. From a hospital point of view the crisis is over. I never said it might not return just it is over for now.

Also I have not reduced public expenditure to anything. I am saying if the HSE does have extra money it should be invested into the nurses who are underpaid.

I have no idea what the Junior minister have in this conversation, maybe you could explain.
    I have given an option to pay for the student nurses, how do you think they should be paid? or you going to shake the magic money tree? you do know how a budget works?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Tax payers also fund the people sitting on the socail all day every day doing nothing but crying about the government and expecting a Christmas bonus.
    I did see a good post online, since everyone is so upset about this, cancel the Christmas bonus for the unemployed people, give the money to the student nurses.
    I hope the government does that, lets see the reaction then.

You have some neck going on about a magic money tree considering the way FG have behaved and that is not even talking about the money pit that is the most expensive hospital in the world. FG are as bad as any of the other parties in the Dail when it comes to budget, remember the 4 millon spin unit. FG have lost any reputation they may have had for being a financially responsible party and being a party of law and order.

• Advertisement

A reasonable caring society in need of finding extra cash to share around would take it first from those who can afford it. TD's can afford it more than those in need of welfare.

Why are you so determined to hit those least able to pay in order to pay those most in need and deserving?

I am not hitting anyone mon amie. I am just aware a magic money tree is not available. So if everyone wants the student nurses to get paid then everyone digs deep. The Christmas bonus is not essential. People are still provided with social welfare. So use the budget for that to pay the nurses. Better to pay someone working and helping would you not think?

How do you know what TD's can or can't afford? sure look at Violet Anne who robbed a charity and can't afford to pay it back.

Or the TD in Dublin who had to get full expenses in the middle of a crisis when nobdoy could travel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement