Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Floppybits wrote: »
    Its already in place, Varadkar said they were going to review the situation with the student nurses in the Dail yesterday so you know this will mean they will come out and say yeah we will pay the student nurses and give some guff about it.

As Gavin Reilly said the other night on twitter when the opposition put a motion before the Dail such as the one the other night the Government usually submit a counter motion that has more favorable wording for them and this is what they vote on. So it gives the TD's that voted for it that wiggle room to get out of any hard questions they would be asked on it.

It's too late this time. The general public are disgusted about the way these student nurses have been treated.

Promised by Simon "we will be paid for the duration of the Covid Crisis"

Govt have a vote to pay us, Simon and the lads vote No

Give it a week and we will be on the streets outside the Dáil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

How about people stop moaning about having to do the work or training they signed up for?

Oh we can't have that. We have SF now and the faux outrage mob. Everyone needs to take a hit, tax payer, TD's, everyone but not the social welfare. Says it all really doesn't it.

It's too late this time. The general public are disgusted about the way these student nurses have been treated.

Promised by Simon "we will be paid for the duration of the Covid Crisis"

Govt have a vote to pay us, Simon and the lads vote No

Give it a week and we will be on the streets outside the Dáil

If you are a nurse, do you understand when the numbers in hospital drop from 900+ to below 300 that would mean the crisis is over?

If you are a nurse, do you understand when the numbers in hospital drop from 900+ to below 300 that would mean the crisis is over?

The crisis is over? Come on into The Lourdes in Drogheda tomorrow with me and tell all my colleagues it's over

Tell Leo and Mícheál aswell cause I'd love a pint after work, sorry placement tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If this crisis was over then all businesses would be open, there would be no need to wear masks and no need to social distance, Did I miss something do we not need to do these things anymore?

• Advertisement

The crisis is over? Come on into The Lourdes in Drogheda tomorrow with me and tell all my colleagues it's over

Tell Leo and Mícheál aswell cause I'd love a pint after work, sorry placement tomorrow

One minute St James, next minute Drogheda.

I didn't say it was over, I said the crisis was over. Are you saying the HSE cannot deal with less than 300 covid patients?
    Remind me, when you started the course was it made clear that during work experience you would not receive payment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

How about everyone at home sitting doing nothing sponsor a nurse with the social welfare christmas bonus?

Where do you think the wages would come from? Magic money tree?
    Taxes. We would be paying them. Think before you post.

Thought you supported nurses? Talking about students. Can you not differentiate?
    Yes, get a dig in against the poor while you're at it. Classy.

One minute St James, next minute Drogheda.

I didn't say it was over, I said the crisis was over. Are you saying the HSE cannot deal with less than 300 covid patients?
    Remind me, when you started the course was it made clear that during work experience you would not receive payment?

The HSE cannot deal with less than 300 Covid Patients, that's why the country's in phase 3 and not open

• Registered Users Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Bowie wrote: »
    Where do you think the wages would come from? Magic money tree?
    Taxes. We would be paying them. Think before you post.

Thought you supported nurses? Talking about students. Can you not differentiate?
    Yes, get a dig in against the poor while you're at it. Classy.

again, yes money is indeed magically created, but since we re heading into a period of deflation, creating more of it is key now, and the most important part being, people spending it

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    again, yes money is indeed magically created, but since we re heading into a period of deflation, creating more of it is key now, and the most important part being, people spending it

It really grates on me when ignorant people look down on others and cite 'no money' or 'magic money tree' like it's coming from the governments own pockets and they don't waste elsewhere if it's in their own interest.
    Decency should transcend political allegiances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It really grates on me when ignorant people look down on others and cite 'no money' or 'magic money tree' like it's coming from the governments own pockets and they don't waste elsewhere if it's in their own interest.

The people who apparently will not pay more, reached into their pockets last weekend to raise money for children to the tune of 6.5 million or maybe more in the space of a couple of hours.
    Again and again Irish people respond like this, signifying to me that if it was going to the right places they don't have an issue with paying to make this a better place to live. What they do object to (as we seen with Irish Water etc) is paying for waste.
    The contrast to that show last weekend of homeless children eating their dinner o the street couldn't have been a more stark example of how the governing classes have lost their way.
    Not the first governing class to lose their way in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorance

"the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness"

There is nothing ignorant about citing no money or magic money tree in such situations because it is true.

A more correct usage of the phrase would be to state that:

It really grates on me when ignorant people propose all sorts of fantastical magic money tree solutions - such as unlimited public housing - as practical solutions to real-world problems taking away from a debate about real options.

Decency is another matter altogether and should start with discourse.

blanch152 wrote: »

"the state or fact of being ignorant : lack of knowledge, education, or awareness"

There is nothing ignorant about citing no money or magic money tree in such situations because it is true.

It really grates on me when ignorant people propose all sorts of fantastical magic money tree solutions - such as unlimited public housing - as practical solutions to real-world problems taking away from a debate about real options.

https://www.thejournal.ie/irish-fiscal-advisory-council-warning-budget-2021-covid-19-5284687-Dec2020/

The money tree?

blanch152 wrote: »

There is no Santa or magic money tree Blanch. Sorry to break it. Nobody has ever claimed there was a magic money tree. It's ignorant to dismiss money going somewhere using magic money tree when we funnel it other places, but no mention of a magic money tree.
    Who has said we can solve anything with a magic money tree? Can you quote anyone? As a tax payer I would be delighted to see money going to student nurses.
    Was a magic money tree used to finance the special advisors? Where did that money come from? Cut the hypocritical blarney.

The student nurses who cannot work elsewhere to subsidise their living expenses due to covid, should be paid a wage. Do you agree? I would find that a decent thing to do.

Building state owned housing is cheaper than the tax payer leasing apartments. You've been shown this numerous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

How about people stop moaning about having to do the work or training they signed up for?

Is it any wonder there's an issue with recruitment and retention of nurses when this is the attitude of government supporters?

Edited to add: "you knew what you were signing up for" is not an excuse to never improve conditions. Workers and child labourers in the 19th century knew what they signed up for too. We didn't just decide that was that and leave it as it was, however.

Pedro K wrote: »
    Is it any wonder there's an issue with recruitment and retention of nurses when this is the attitude of government supporters?

Edited to add: "you know what you were signing up for" is not an excuse to never improve conditions. Workers and child labourers in the 19th century knew what they signed up for too. We didn't just decide that was that and leave it as it was, however.

And if we think the current students are going to want to work here after they finish, we are in for a shock.

3 years of students we will train and the majority won't want to work here after the way we are geeting treated by FG FG and The Greens.

Best of luck to these 3 parties getting the youth on side now

And if we think the current students are going to want to work here after they finish, we are in for a shock.

3 years of students we will train and the majority won't want to work here after the way we are geeting treated by FG FG and The Greens.

Or anyone interested in living in a society.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Actually I think the nurses and the government going back to war with each other is the best sign so far that the crisis is over.

When have the student nurses stayed before? majority will either head off straight away after qualification or very soon after.

You are one person, you are not talking for the youth of Ireland.

When have the student nurses stayed before? majority will either head off straight away after qualification or very soon after.

You are one person, you are not talking for the youth of Ireland.

Yes thats the problem. The majority of our nurses, teachers are heading for other places as they are not looked after in our own country.

The polls show the youth are against this Govt and this latest ****show will have swung it even more in oppositions favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Jesus, this is horrendous. Anally raping someone with a chocolate bar.

Let’s keep digging stuff up about the past, this lad is a gem.

https://twitter.com/greeneggs_/status/1051426890555318272?s=21

Yes thats the problem. The majority of our nurses, teachers are heading for other places as they are not looked after in our own country.

The polls show the youth are against this Govt and this latest ****show will have swung it even more in oppositions favour

Bulls**t. Teachers and nurses head off because the education they get here means they can walk into jobs all over the World. How many nurses go to Aus for a few months, save money to let them do the trip around the World. It is clear you haven't a clue what you are talking about

In regards to the Gov, well I would wait to see what happens, it seems a lot of people on here are telling everyone they know what will happen in the next election.

Bulls**t. Teachers and nurses head off because the education they get here means they can walk into jobs all over the World. How many nurses go to Aus for a few months, save money to let them do the trip around the World.

In regards to the Gov, well I would wait to see what happens, it seems a lot of people on here are telling everyone they know what will happen in the next election.

i know a newly trained nurse who walked out of the public sector, largely due to financial and working conditions, she said she ll never return to it

i know a newly trained nurse who walked out of the public sector, largely due to financial and working conditions, she said she ll never return to it

Really? is she/he working in a private hospital now?

Really? is she/he working in a private hospital now?

yup, private sector, moneys far better

The government does not want student nurses working during a pandemic, unable to work elsewhere due to Covid, to get paid. That's it simply put.

yup, private sector, moneys far better

Terms not so much, maternity leave, sick leave,etc etc.
    Oh the big one. Pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jesus, this is horrendous. Anally raping someone with a chocolate bar.

Let’s keep digging stuff up about the past, this lad is a gem.

https://twitter.com/greeneggs_/status/1051426890555318272?s=21

Let's not forget this nugget. Made several international headlines. Here's a great quote from the Guardian and tells me nothing has changed at FG HQ or many supporters online ;

"Fine Gael officials in Dublin have attempted to dismiss the issue as 'dead', but critics have been dismayed by the party's attitude and the lack of public debate about the issue."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/15/world.race

smurgen wrote: »
    Let's not forget this nugget. Made several international headlines. Here's a great quote from the Guardian and tells me nothing has changed at FG HQ or many supporters online ;

"Fine Gael officials in Dublin have attempted to dismiss the issue as 'dead', but critics have been dismayed by the party's attitude and the lack of public debate about the issue."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/15/world.race

So this is relevant to the current government how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

So this is relevant to the current government how?

Some how a time stamp applies to your own interests and support yet if it’s an opposing party you can highlight any number of events between certain decades. You’ve no understanding of the atrocities your own party have committed and that is due to your own ignorance and we can forgive you for that.

However, this is just highlighting how your own party members are equally as idiotic and irresponsible in the last decade when we have supposedly reached a crossroads in terms of the past and reconciliation.

Stupid insensitive tweets, anally raping a man with an object when asleep, ah sure it’s all the same. But which party keeps bringing up the past?

That’s the relevance, if you’ve missed it, then that’s your problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement