Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

christy c wrote: »
    Whatever keeps you happy.

I don't know what your point is tbh, apart from I've said it in the past and am predicting how this will likely pan out too.

So you're in agreement with me?

Deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

McMurphy wrote: »
    You are anyway.....

A, He, - singular meaning one.

A few - plural, meaning more than one.

Sounds to me like a fellow party member called to her house, possibly as he couldn't get her on the phone due to her being online at a lecture. But the Irish Times aren't missing an opportunity (nor are you to be fair) to make it sound more sinister than it really is.

Btw she seems a fairly competent young woman, she was all over twitter during Leo's leaking incident for weeks, and absolutely ran him and FG into the ground, and most of the venomous replies she was receiving were from FG type supporter's.

Watch now as she's canonised by the same folk because she's now spoke out about the shinners, Peadar Tobin will be on the blower to her in the morning, she'll become an Aontu member, and she'll promptly be all sorts of derogatory names again from the same FG folk, when she's no longer any use to them.

Sure as night follows day.

A long post and no mention at all about the carry on of SF or the fact they felt it was ok to send someone around to her home. Or have other members of a youth organization try to bully the women

Usual SF supporters post "Nothing to see here, blah blah blah Leo something something something"

It is starting to become clear why a few people on here can say nothing negative, they are afraid, not just for themselves but their families. Fairly sad way to live just because of a political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,220 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A long post and no mention at all about the carry on of SF or the fact they felt it was ok to send someone around to her home. Or have other members of a youth organization try to bully the women

Bit pathetic when we get another SF post "Nothing to see here, blah blah blah Leo something something something"

If there was a threat in the visit it was wrong SK. If it was someone who felt the pile-on on Stanley was an orchestrated stitch-up then I don't see anything wrong with someone advising her not to get involved in it. It's no different to calling round to the Garda Commissioner for a 'chat'.

If it was to threaten her he/she should be charged like any political party member threatening violence or using it and thrown out of the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

McMurphy wrote: »
    I don't know what your point is tbh, apart from I've said it in the past and am predicting how this will likely pan out too.

So you're in agreement with me?

Deadly.

Thought my point was fairly clear in the first post. FG supporters canonising that SF person to score points is just politics, similar to what SF supporters did in the past. Fairly simple, no earth shattering stuff there.

Usual SF supporters post "Nothing to see here, blah blah blah Leo something something something"

It is starting to become clear why a few people on here can say nothing negative, they are afraid, not just for themselves but their families. Fairly sad way to live just because of a political party.

I'm not sure why you've been allowed to blatantly rereg after having 3/4 accounts banned, but what's more baffling is how you're allowed to continue with the same shyte that got you banned in the first place.

You quoted me, posting about what you then claim I didn't mention - that's lying and acting the WUM.
    McMurphy wrote:
    Sounds to me like a fellow party member called to her house, possibly as he couldn't get her on the phone due to her being online at a lecture. But the Irish Times aren't missing an opportunity (nor are you to be fair) to make it sound more sinister than it really is.

That's the last two posts in this thread from you have been blatant lies.

• Advertisement

Its ok now Francie we all understand now. It is time to get out when a political party thinks they can threaten people if they don't fall inline.

Can you get out? we are all in this together, I am sure everyone on boards will help!!

:):) She left SK, no problem doing it. I use my brain when looking at these things, you should try it.

If she felt threatened by the visit would she not feel more threatened now, publicly criticising the party?

Like other things this doesn't make sense to me.

When you read these things Sk, always ask yourself 'am I being manipulated'.

When I voted for FG in 2016 I thought their detractors where trying to manipulate me when the stories came out about yer man taking the 'sterling' and yer man 'glassing' another in the pub.

I could have thought 'all of FG are like that' but I didn't, because they aren't. One swallow doesn't make a summer etc etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

No need to lie Francie.

I know you can't talk oout about SF but we have seen the carry on so far, make threats against people. Other members coming out and saying they will shut down the media when they get into power.
    SO much for the old, we are not part of the PIRA. We have moved on etc. Still the same old carry on.
    Only she went to the papers would she have an unfortune accident around now?

As you defended the FG sexual abuser yesterday because he was never convicted of what he admitted doing.

Have you one bit of proof this happened?

As you defended the FG sexual abuser yesterday because he was never convicted of what he admitted doing.

Have you one bit of proof this happened?

I didn't defend him, I asked for you to show me where he was convicted of been a rapist. Read the thread.

Are you saying this lady lied to the press?

No need to lie Francie.

I know you can't talk oout about SF but we have seen the carry on so far, make threats against people. Other members coming out and saying they will shut down the media when they get into power.
    SO much for the old, we are not part of the PIRA. We have moved on etc. Still the same old carry on.
    Only she went to the papers would she have an unfortune accident around now?

'Shut down the media' :):):)

It's to get people like you to take that angle that these stories and pile-on's are designed to do SK.

The problem for those originating them is that they are only convincing people like you who wouldn't vote for SF anyway.

Again, my position here, if a councilor party member did something wrong here they should be dealt with. Going to somebody's door and issuing threats is illegal and she should make a complaint to the gardai.

'Shut down the media' :):):)

It's to get people like you to take that angle that these stories and pile-on's are designed to do SK.

The problem for those originating them is that they are only convincing people like you who wouldn't vote for SF anyway.

Again, my position here, if a councilor party member did something wrong here they should be dealt with. Going to somebody's door and issuing threats is illegal and she should make a complaint to the gardai.

She said SF would pull public funding from RTE, which would result in shutting it down.
    It is also an attempt by SF to try sway the media away from SF stories. Threats and intimidation, the PIRA/SF way. This is disgraceful carry on but because it is SF you think it is ok.

Mr Stanley’s wife, Laois councillor Caroline Dwane Stanley took to Facebook to hit out at coverage of the controversy by RTÉ and the Irish Independent. She also said: “When SF get into Government, one of the first things it should do is remove all public funds from RTÉ.”

• Advertisement

She said SF would pull public funding from RTE, which would result in shutting it down.
    It is also an attempt by SF to try sway the media away from SF stories. This is disgraceful carry on but because it is SF you think it is ok.

Mr Stanley’s wife, Laois councillor Caroline Dwane Stanley took to Facebook to hit out at coverage of the controversy by RTÉ and the Irish Independent. She also said: “When SF get into Government, one of the first things it should do is remove all public funds from RTÉ.”

RTE is not 'the media', and there is a reason people remain as councilor's SK.

Please don't have us start anther game of who has the strangest councilors.

And go onto any forum here and you'll see plenty have the same view.

RTE is not 'the media', and there is a reason people remain as councilor's SK.

Please don't have us start anther game of who has the strangest councilors.

And go onto any forum here and you'll see plenty have the same view.

No surprise, so you think it is ok for a political party to threaten the national broadcaster in Ireland? try to intimidate them into not running stories.
    So this is ok in the new political World?

No surprise, so you think it is ok for a political party to threaten the national broadcaster in Ireland? try to intimade them into not running stories.

They didn't threaten them. One party member said one of this first things we will do is stop funding RTE.

Why should we fund RTE? Considering SF and FF are the 2 big party's after the election before the next one will we have debates with just FF and SF?

Why should the public fund RTÉ and all their bug salaries

I didn't defend him, I asked for you to show me where he was convicted of been a rapist. Read the thread.

Are you saying this lady lied to the press?

He admitted he done it! He admitted that means he acknowledged the fact he done it.

He should be kicked out of the party yes or no?

Thats before we even start with his court case coming up for assault.

I don't know if she's lying or not.
    She may well be, people lie didn't Leo lie in the Dail saying his mate he gave documents too wasn't a real mate

They didn't threaten them. One party member said one of this first things we will do is stop funding RTE.

Why should we fund RTE? Considering SF and FF are the 2 big party's after the election before the next one will we have debates with just FF and SF? Will we ****

Why should the public fund RTÉ and all their bug salaries

Have you seen ANY other party ever threaten the national broadcaster?

If you want to discuss shutting down the media for the benefit of SF I don't think many will agree with you.

No surprise, so you think it is ok for a political party to threaten the national broadcaster in Ireland? try to intimidate them into not running stories.

A councillor made the remarks SK...a councilor I and you never heard of before.

Is it SF policy to shut RTE?

Here's a FF TD (not a councilor) who wants to curb RTE...as you will see it isn't FF policy according to Michael Martin. But do we believe Michael? Let's start a rumourrrrrr. :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/bizarre-and-disappointing-fianna-fail-mep-criticised-for-suggesting-rte-licence-fee-should-be-cut-38910143.html

He admitted he done it! He admitted that means he acknowledged the fact he done it.

He should be kicked out of the party yes or no?

Thats before we even start with his court case coming up for assault.

I don't know if she's lying or not.
    She may well be, people lie didn't Leo lie in the Dail saying his mate he gave documents too wasn't a real mate

You said he raped someone, he never admitted to rape from the article you provided. Have you proof?

Should he be kicked out? Yes
    He seems to have issue with alcohol as well.

So you are saying this lady went to the press and lied about SF? anything to back this up or just more assumptions?

A councillor made the remarks SK...a councilor I and you never heard of before.

Is it SF policy to shut RTE?

Here's a FF TD (not a councilor) who wants to curb RTE...as you will see it isn't FF policy according to Michael Martin. But do we believe Michael? Let's start a rumourrrrrr. :rolleyes:

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/bizarre-and-disappointing-fianna-fail-mep-criticised-for-suggesting-rte-licence-fee-should-be-cut-38910143.html

Huge difference in reducing and shutting down, do you not think?

It is also an attempt by SF to try sway the media away from SF stories. Threats and intimidation, the PIRA/SF way. This is disgraceful carry on but because it is SF you think it is ok.

Once again - a blatant lie which your own quote goes on to prove.

Why would you claim "the councillor said SF would pull public funding from RTE" and then copy and paste exactly what she said - and it's not at all what you claimed.

If I come on to boards and say "all suspected rereg trolls telling blatant lies on the site should be put in stocks and have balls of their own shyte flung at them" - that isn't the same thing as Boards.ie saying they will place rereg trolls in stocks and have balls of their own shyte flung at them.

Stop deliberately misrepresenting things.

The only difference is reducing would mean throwing away public money on nonsense TV that has more repeats on it than new programmes.

• Advertisement

There is a huge difference between the views of a councilor on Facebook or a TD and party policy.

FF TD wants to do something, curb RTE because they are not doing what HE WANTS them to do.

You said he raped someone, he never admitted to rape from the article you provided. Have you proof?

Should he be kicked out? Yes
    He seems to have issue with alcohol as well.

So you are saying this lady went to the press and lied about SF? anything to back this up or just more assumptions?

He stuck a chocolate bar up someone anus who was asleep. That is rape

If it's not rape its sexual abuse.

He came out in the paper saying he had a problem with alcohol, to try blame the beer. Same lad will still be in the pub drinking with his rugby buddies (pre Covid)

He came out in the paper saying he had a problem with alcohol, to try blame the beer. Same lad will still be in the pub drinking with his rugby buddies (pre Covid)

The article you provided did not say that. So have you something else to say that?

He clearly has an issue with alcohol, just look at history

There is a huge difference between the views of a councilor on Facebook or a TD and party policy.

FF TD wants to do something, curb RTE because they are not doing what HE WANTS them to do.

Just look at this thread for some of the intimidation been used by SF posters. Really is disgusting carry on. Threats to other poster on a public forum, they should be kicked right out of the website but I doubt it will happen.

I have NEVER seen any political party or following with the carry on you see on here. Which is only a small view of the stuff which happens on other media forms.
    Maybe you should look inside SF and stop pointing the finger at every other party as an excuse.

How can anyone make an excuse for the carry on like that? please explain to me how you can excuse a party for this?

Just look at this thread for some of the intimidation been used by SF posters. Really is disgusting carry on. Threats to other poster on a public forum, they should be kicked right out of the website but I doubt it will happen.

I have NEVER seen any political party or following with the carry on you see on here. Which is only a small view of the stuff which happens on other media forms.
    Maybe you should look inside SF and stop pointing the finger at every other party as an excuse.

How can anyone make an excuse for the carry on like that? please explain to me how you can excuse a party for this?

:) 'threats' on an anonymous forum? Wow...really sinister alright.

Look, you got owned on this one...SF councilor says more less the same thing as a FF TD.

SF=Sinister - FF= Not the same.

Give it up SK. It's silly and transparent at this stage.

The article you provided did not say that. So have you something else to say that?

He clearly has an issue with alcohol, just look at history

https://twitter.com/greeneggs_/status/1051426890555318272?s=19

FG defend Sexual Abuser and let him still work for the party.

Def not a normal party

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

You're right with the sexual assault there.

As Irish citizens we should demand more from our representatives and not vote for people based on party only. This goes for a number of TDs in different parties.

Unfortunately, people keep defending TDs in parties they support as they're tribal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Lads, I'm reading that article about the "unsavory prank" (as the paper calls it) and I see nothing to suggest the chocolate bar was inserted into the anus. Are we sure it wasnt just that prank where they rub chocolate on their arse to make it look like they shat themselves, which seemed to be pretty common at festivals around that time (maybe still is?)?

I'm just going off that article above, so maybe there is more detail elsewhere.

Not funny or acceptable either way, but the allegations of rape are flying and there is no suggestion of that in the article.

• Advertisement

Triangle wrote: »
    You're right with the sexual assault there.

As Irish citizens we should demand more from our representatives and not vote for people based on party only. This goes for a number of TDs in different parties.

Unfortunately, people keep defending TDs in parties they support as they're tribal.

He ran for election in Dundalk and got less than 1800 votes yet is still on a easy number in the Senead

Ireland politics for ya

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement