Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Solutionking

https://twitter.com/greeneggs_/status/1051426890555318272?s=19

FG defend Sexual Abuser and let him still work for the party.

Def not a normal party

Did you read the article because it says nothing about your claims. So maybe read it and then provide the information you have to suggest rape etc which are the claims you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,221 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Lads, I'm reading that article about the "unsavory prank" (as the paper calls it) and I see nothing to suggest the chocolate bar was inserted into the anus. Are we sure it wasnt just that prank where they rub chocolate on their arse to make it look like they shat themselves, which seemed to be pretty common at festivals around that time (maybe still is?)?

I'm just going off that article above, so maybe there is more detail elsewhere.

Not funny or acceptable either way, but the allegations of rape are flying and there is no suggestion of that in the article.

...and if you smeared chocolate over the nether regions of a member of the opposite sex in their sleep, I wonder what it would be called? A prank or an assault?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭Ireland2020

Did you read the article because it says nothing about your claims. So maybe read it and then provide the information you have to suggest rape etc which are the claims you made.

Defending sexual abusers, The FG way

Defending sexual abusers, The FG way

You posted the article and you posted the accusations. So tell us all.
    I do not support FG. The guy should be sacked as I said
    Plus this thread is supposed to be about the current government, he is not a TD. You can see a FG thread on here for FG supporters so why not post it on that and ask them? maybe an idea

Yes Francie, make a joke of it. That's the SF way isnt it?
    Online bullying isn't a real thing?
    Bullying a member of SF isn't a real thing?
    Sending someone around to "talk" to someone isn't a real thing
    Maybe try take your head out of the sand. Doubt it will happen so carry on.
    When do you want SF to stop? I supposed a few people getting knee capped is ok? murder? you seem to think it was ok the last time PIRA and SF done it so why stop now? what's your limit Francie?

Good to see you have dropped the ridiculous RTE thing when your party TD was shown to have done the exact same thing.- propose curbing RTE because it wouldn't do what he wanted it to do.

Let's have a look at your claims of being bullied and intimidated here.
    Just look at this thread for some of the intimidation been used by SF posters.

Can you link to posts that 'intimidate' you?

• Advertisement

Good to see you have dropped the ridiculous RTE thing when your party TD was shown to have done the exact same thing.- propose curbing RTE because it wouldn't do what he wanted it to do.

Let's have a look at your claims of being bullied and intimidated here.

Can you link to posts that 'intimidate' you?

Dropped the RTE thing? it was a SF person who made the accusation it is not for me to "drop it". It goes to show what SF are all about. The mask slips again.

I don't support FF.
    So far I have been accused of FG and FF. Who next?
    Work out the post Francie. Will be a good exercise to see what you think is good/bad on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dropped the RTE thing? it was a SF person who made the accusation it is not for me to "drop it". It goes to show what SF are all about. The mask slips again.

I don't support FF.
    Work out the post Francie. Will be a good exercise to see what you think is good/bad on a forum.

You don't?

Wasn't it yourself that posted a photo of Michaél Martin in his budgie smugglers ?

I do like to see you have changed it up a bit today, the normal
    Blah blah blah FG something something something
    is now
    Blah blah blah FF something something something
    :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This isn't something you see everyday. A government party official account attacking members of the public on social media. Not a normal party!

https://twitter.com/FG_DSW/status/1334826004716670976?s=19

I don't support FF.

And I demonstrated that a councilor with that view DOES NOT mean it is the party view.
    If that is the case the Billy Kellegher strop about cutting RTE funding means FF are all about the same thing as SF are about.

Maybe you agree with this, which you are entitled to do.

I thought it was you who was posting topless pictures of Michael Martin and was singing Michael Martin's praise previously.
    If I got that wrong, I apologise. It was somebody with a very similar posting style to you.
    But I now see you think they are the same as SF on the RTE thing, so I withdraw the remark about FF being 'your party'.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    This isn't something you see everyday. A government party official account attacking member's of the public on social media. Not a normal party!

https://twitter.com/FG_DSW/status/1334826004716670976?s=19

Who attacked who?

Who attacked who?

Fine Gael account attacking a member of the public. If any other party done this there'd be newspaper articles on it and party leaders being asked to explain. Not a normal party.
    And unsurprising the YFG leader has made a name for himself on twitter as a troll.

"THE NEWLY ELECTED chairman of Young Fine Gael says he doesn’t remember sending a tweet which referenced women having abortions using “coathangers and stairs” – but says it was an “atrocious” comment."

https://www.thejournal.ie/young-fine-gael-3-3924217-Mar2018/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

It's a full on attack against me today, you have one poster on here throwing abuse and then posting comments all over boards to try get people banned.

Then you start accusations as well.
    Would almost seem to me the pair of you are trying to take out posters who don't agree with you and Sinn Fein? starting to see a familiar trend here?
    You do realise boards is for everyone, not just SF supporters.
    I don't support FF, FG or anyone. As I said multiple times the current government are incompetent.

What accusations did I make? You have lied about me and refused to back them up. Do you want me to go get those post? I will back it up if you want to pretend you didn't walk away from a lie.

And links to these posts that are 'intimidating' you?

I see Leo's evasions and lies are catching up with him again.

https://twitter.com/JackHoJo/status/1335146315949412357

I wonder Solutionking will Fine Gael be looking for the Irish Times to be 'regulated' the way they were looking for Village magazine to be 'regulated'?

I'll check their Facebook page for an update. :):)

I see Leo's evasions and lies are catching up with him again.

https://twitter.com/JackHoJo/status/1335146315949412357

Caught yet again.Engaging with a TD on behalf of an organisation is lobbying. Lobbyists must be registered and submit a publicly accessible return of their activities every 3 months.
    Did Leo Varadkar TD, former Taoiseach get an exemption from the law for his friends or did the law not apply?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Caught yet again.Engaging with a TD on behalf of an organisation is lobbying. Lobbyists must be registered and submit a publicly accessible return of their activities every 3 months.
    Did Leo Varadkar TD, former Taoiseach get an exemption from the law for his friends or did the law not apply?

I thought he wasn't a friend, well not a close one!!!

Leo trending again....and not in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Have you seen ANY other party ever threaten the national broadcaster?

Yes, I have. FG in fact.
    Senator Noone has also questioned the level of funding going to the state broadcaster, RTÉ.
    "But the reality is that I think we do need a certain amount of money for the national broadcaster, I wouldn't like to see it go down the road where commerce rules.

"But at the same time, do we need 2fm?"
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30823428.html

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Do you understand the difference between a reduction and cutting off all funding?
    Both post now from FG and FF are talking about a reduction and I think we can all agree 2FM is a waste of tax payer money. If you want to see what the public says just look at the RTE threads on it.

SF want to cut ALL funding to RTE. Hence shutting down the national broadcaster.

A huge difference do you not think?

• Advertisement

Do you understand the difference between a reduction and cutting off all funding?
    Both post now from FG and FF are talking about a reduction and I think we can all agree 2FM is a waste of tax payer money. If you want to see what the public says just look at the RTE threads on it.

SF want to cut ALL funding to RTE. Hence shutting down the national broadcaster.

A huge difference do you not think?

We dont need a National Broadcaster who has political preferences

We dont need a National Broadcaster who has political preferences

Exactly, we need a broadcaster who will tell stories about all parties
    Something which SF don't want happening and hence why they are making threats and trying to intimidate the national broadcaster.
    Disgusting carry on do you not think?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

RTE should be sold. Would be interesting to see who the buyer would keep on the books if it was, but as a publicly funded broadcaster it's a pile of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The onus is on the lobbyist, not the TD.

Anyway, nothing in that exchange appears to meet the definition of lobbying apart from the Bowes stuff at the end which Varadkar appears to have ignored.

Suckit wrote: »
    RTE should be sold. Would be interesting to see who the buyer would keep on the books if it was, but as a publicly funded broadcaster it's a pile of crap.

Why would RTE be sold?

Anyway thats a topic for the RTE thread
    No political party should be making threats of shutting it down to stop them reporting on the news.
    Do you now think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Why would RTE be sold?

No political party should be making threats of shutting it down to stop them reporting on the news.
    Do you now think?

Nor should any party be making threats to regulate any media they don't agree with, like FG did with the village

Why would RTE be sold?

Do you now think?

Bias reporting favouring certain Govt parties

Exactly, we need a broadcaster who will tell stories about all parties
    Something which SF don't want happening and hence why they are making threats and trying to intimidate the national broadcaster.
    Disgusting carry on do you not think?

Do you agree with FG that independent news outlets need to be 'regulated'?

Do you agree with FG that independent news outlets need to be 'regulated'?

Did I ask about FG? what is your comment on SF? yet to hear one.

How do you feel about SF making threats to shut down RTE?

• Advertisement

Did I ask about FG? what is your comment on SF? yet to hear one.

How do you feel about SF making threats to shut down RTE?

Do SF have a policy to shut down RTE = on the basis of actual research of their policy...No. they don't.

FG do want to 'regulate' independent journalist outlets. After it exposed wrongdoing by it's leader.

Which one is more sinister in your book?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement